Facebook People Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Quantitative Analyst- People Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks.

The recruiter contacted me the day after my resume was internally referred. Set up a call a couple of days later for a short chat (15 mins) about the nature of the job, my general qualifications and backgrounds, and continued interest in the position. I was immediately notified I'd be moved to the next interview, a 45 minute phone interview with the head of the team. The recruiter was very informative about the subject of the call (statistics, statistical methods/concepts) and background of the interviewer. Interview went well.

Fifteen minutes after that interview concluded, the recruiter called me, asked me how I felt it went, and informed me I'd be moving toward a second (45-minute) phone interview. The call was scheduled for the following week and again, I was informed on the subject of the interview (advanced stats, probability, and live syntax for data management) as well as the background of the interviewer (quantitative engineer). The call went well, though I did stumble a little bit over the syntax (I'd just taught myself over the weekend), but not because it was difficult.

A week later I was informed my interviews went generally well, but unfortunately I didn't make it to the next round. My background is in org psychology, and I think they were looking for someone with more engineering/computer programming experience. Overall, very pleasant experience working through the process.

Interview Questions

• Advanced stats questions regarding HLM. Explain in layman's terms.   Answer Question