Facebook Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

106 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Growth Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me about the analyst role in SMB. It's an IC role without near-term growth into managerial positions. The recruiter was very nice, but the hiring manager was okay.

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online and set up a meeting with the recruiter, passed the screening and was informed that I was considered for multiple roles. Had a call with the hiring manager, who unfortunately, spoke broken and poor English. It was difficult to get over her heavy accent, and after a few situations where I had to ask her to repeat herself, I can tell the interview was going sour.

She ended with a case, and gave me a few numbers, and I had to ask her to clarify, again because of the accent. She clarified, though, I detected her annoyance. I gave her 7 different strategies, each one she shot down until the very last one. Which was really a poor strategy imho. Anyhow, she ended the conversation to tell me that she wasnt interested in the strategies other tech firms used, but rather interested in the facebook way. I knew at that point it was over, so decided to throw her case back at her, and questioned her strategies.

Anyhow, I was told, I have been passed on all four roles that I had originally been considered for. I am a bit annoyed that one HM was able to decide my fate for four roles.

Interview Questions

• How would you lower operational cost   2 Answers

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed for a fairly senior IC (individual contributor) role. Was referred by an acquaintance working in the group, definitely accelerated my getting an interview. Initial round was a phone screen by the hiring manager (Director level?). Next round was on site, half-hour 1:1 interviews with maybe 5 different people, including other PMMs as well as cross-functional partners (PM, Emerging business). Different interviewers were assigned different "attributes" as focus areas: e.g. Strategy, Marketing, Leadership skills. Interviews were primarily behavior-based (vs. elaborate case studies) - e.g. "tell me about a time when..." Multiple interviewers asked me about leadership style / what feedback I had gotten from team members. There were a couple mini-case study type questions (e.g. "Let's explore business issue X together..."), but they were modest (e.g. 5-10min) compared to what you would see in a management consulting interview. No group interview or presentation type formats.

Interview Questions

• - Pick a physical product that you really like in the real world. Articulate the value proposition for me. What segments does it target? What's an example ad campaign you might come up with to market it?   1 Answer
    • - Tell me about some experiences you've had working with PMs that have gone well, and others that haven't gone so well.   Answer Question
    • - I assume you've used product X (product I'd be working on)? What are some strengths & opportunity areas that you see?   Answer Question
    • - Let's explore business issue X together. What kind of framework would you come up with to structure the problem, and then prioritize the opportunities?   Answer Question
    • - Give me an example of some difficult cross-functional relationships you've had, and how you managed them.   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied via employee referral and got an email for HR phone screen after a few days. after one week, i got 1x1 phone screen, and next day after the phone screen i received on-site interviews invitation. on-site were 5 interviews spread out in 2 days. the HRs were very friendly and helpful

Interview Questions

• I signed NDA but they are all behavioral questions   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Facebook in January 2017.

Interview

It was all a very strange process. I applied in December through an employee referral. After ~2 weeks, I received an email saying that I would not be considered for the position. I was pretty disappointed, especially after I was told employee referrals are considered significantly more than those who directly apply.

Flash forward 3 more weeks and I receive an email from a recruiter asking for a phone interview... OK. The HR interview was very standard and lasted ~15 minutes. She gave me tips on how to prepare for the hiring manager phone interview which was great. I over prepared for everything and it ended up being a huge waste of time.

A week later, the hiring manager interview was also very straightforward: walk me through your resume and why this role? It went well even though I was nervous. She explained the next steps in the process which seemed to be a good sign.

One week later, the HR manager asks me to come into the office for a series of in-person interviews and Skype interviews. Yay! I made it to the last round. I asked if they compensated for my travel to NYC, which I heard they always do. Then this is when it gets weird. The HR manager didn't know I wasn't based in NYC and said they haven't been flying external candidates to the office. I replied saying that I would prefer in-person interviews and would be willing to pay for my own travel expenses. She told me she would ask the hiring manager about this and get back to me. Several days later, I get a response... and not the one I was hoping for. JUST KIDDING! An internal candidate just stepped forward so they are going to put all external interviewing on hold.

After several check-ins and a few responses saying that the internal candidate still hadn't completed the interview process, I give up. The entire process was several months and left me completely hanging. No closure from HR at all.

Interview Questions

• Why facebook? What experience do you have with direct response marketing?   3 Answers

Marketing Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Mountain View, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Contacted by agency for marketing manager position. When reading the job description, I was amazed by the fact the requirements were so junior level. Submitted my resume and cleared HR's absurd screening, but was rejected by the hiring manager because she was afraid that I'd be bored. When speaking with others, this was their way of saying that they didn't want to hire someone over 40 years old for this job.

Sorely tempted to sue for age discrimination at this point. Stay tuned for ore details.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background   1 Answer

Associate Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Facebook (Evanston, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a university recruiter who came to my campus. Taken out to dinner to get to know everyone and the other candidates for the position. Interviewed with 2 different recruiters during two different hour-long time frames.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve awareness issues with aspects of Facebook Messenger?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Simple questions on background, examples of past experience and how you would be a good fit here, the recruiters were very friendly and prompt.
    I was not clear on what the hiring manager was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Background, scenario based questions.
      Give examples of marketing campaigns that you have run. Why are you looking for a change?   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Intensive interview process. I had one phone interview, then product exercise, two face to face. They dig a lot about team and cross-functional complexities. The hiring manager focuses more on big picture and strategic questions and peers dig into tactical examples from your background. Overall, I loved the experience and learnt a lot in the process. I hope I can work at FB in future.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about FB and how would you improve.   1 Answer

Marketing Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Process: I applied online, recruiter contacted me and described the position briefly. There were a couple of phone screens and I then went onsite. On the day, I made a presentation and had 5 other rounds.

About the role: This is a new role for them and they are still figuring out what they are looking for. The person will temporarily report to a lead for a different vertical till they can figure out a more permanent reporting/management structure. The ambiguity in background and skills required was reflected during multiple conversations and made the interview unnecessarily difficult.

Interview experience: I spoke with 8 people during multiple interviews, all of whom were professional but for the recruiter. The conversations with the recruiter were by far the worst professional conversations I have ever had. Email communication was devoid of any punctuation, incomplete and unprofessional. In one case, there were 4 sentences without any punctuation whatsoever.
    Phone conversations were worse. As an example, when asked what the second phone screen might focus on, the response was "well we do these phone screens so that we do not waste our interviewers time by getting you here.". Well, I know the purpose of screening, not what I was asking. Other conversations were similar. I considered pulling out of the interview multiple times to avoid being insulted.
    She misinformed me about the importance of SQL for the role and interview. Told me that SQL would be most important thing and was worried if I could clear. The job requirements stated SQL as nice-to-have. The SQL interviewer started the interview by saying that I would rarely require to do anything difficult in SQL. He asked very elementary questions during the interview, I wasted days preparing for way more advanced topics.
    I was given a presentation assignment with more than a month to prepare. The question was described in 3 sentences with internal terminology and expected me to tell FB what to do next for a particular area. She was not willing to have me speak to anyone to get clarifications on the terms used, scope of the problem, goal of the session etc.
    In the absence of any clarification, I spent multiple weeks working on it. Needless to say it was not what the interviewers had in mind. Simple things that could have been clarified by a 10 min call or a simple email.
    I went into the interview dreading interacting with the recruiter and came out with a very sour taste, though I am kinda certain my experience would not represent how FB treats their other candidates (having known others who have gone through the process).
    Earlier feedback on Glassdoor for the vertical that I interacted with (temporary reporting structure) is mostly neutral or negative as well. I feel positively about Facebook, hope they are reading this and will use this feedback to make necessary corrections.

Interview Questions

• Nothing earth shattering, open ended but fun: How would you convince someone of your proposal? Biggest risk to company and product X? Why?   Answer Question