Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,593 Interview Reviews

3.2

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Mountain View, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process is well-organized, can't complain. Onsite interview was super difficult, I failed 5 segments out of 5 and got a maximum cool off period outlined in the manual (5 years).

Interview Questions

• Networking part is really difficult and CCNP level is grossly inadequate for this position.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a Facebook recruiter after I put my resume in the GHC (Grace Hopper Conference) resume bank. I never expected them to be interested so I never bothered to apply. I scheduled an interview with them during GHC and started frantically preparing, believing that this will be my one and only chance to interview with a company like Facebook. It paid off. I did well enough on the first round to pass, and the final round interview was the next day! THE NEXT DAY! When I received the news I was at a party, and I actually tried to postpone it. However, after talking to a friend, I was convinced that it was better to finish the interview process at GHC, so I managed to switch my final interview to the last interview slot available on Friday during GHC.

The final round was HARD! I was given a problem on dynamic programing. I had no idea how to solve DP problems at that point, so I only had some intuitions and babbled. I was totally, utterly thrown off guard. The interviewer was really nice and guided me along the way; towards the end I was able to solve an easier version of the problem. Then, 45 minutes ended and we were chased out of the interview booth because it was closing. I was utterly demoralized and thought I bombed the interview and decided that I need to study DP much more before trying again with Facebook next year.

The following Monday I receive a cryptic email, saying 'good news, do you have some time to talk on the phone'. So I schedule a time to talk, thinking they are rejecting me. They gave me an offer. I was elated. I accepted the offer without much second thought because it's FACEBOOK. I was able to choose from a bunch of start dates. They also offer corporate housing and a bunch of benefits.

If you did badly on an interview because the problem was really hard, don't think the worst case. You might have done pretty well compared to others. Also, preparation pays off. Good luck folks!

Interview Questions

• Arrays and dynamic programing questions. The DP question was a variation on the independent set problem which is a classic.   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I came on online meeting no one was there. They didn't bother to show up or call at the specified time. I contacted them again to chase up. Went back and forth. Then I caught the interviewer violently arguing with another person it just absolutely left me with a bad taste as I watched and they both logged off. How unprofessional is this company!

Interview Questions

• I already experienced facebook as a work place by watching two facebook employees arguing. It was absolutely the worst experience ever. I put in interview as very difficult as interviewer obviously had no interpersonal skills nor professionalism.   Answer Question

Help Desk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in October 2017.

Interview

I got very excited when I received offer from Facebook. Great opportunity, but in fact recruiter was very unprofessional, very rude and behavior was totally rough with me. I never saw in my whole professional life someone like this kind of recruiter.

Interview Questions

• How was experience at Facebook about interview ?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

- recruiter msg linked in
    - "we love profile"
    - me happy, set time to call

-recruiter call
    -talk about background my work
    -recruiter email me
    -"which teams you like "
     -me instagram and more
     -dancing.jpg

-interview day - 45 mins call
    - interview guy call on time
    - "okay lets code"
    - me "Ok"
    -give leetcode easy
    - me happy - code in 10 min
    - iinterview guy "ok good .. is work"
    - interview guy think let me screw candidate
    - give leetcode hard
    - me think - omg u seroius wow
    - me think logic.. think to code.. ok
    - ok code.. think.. code..
    - roadrunner.jpg
    -80% code finish confirm logic work
    - interview guy "ok time up any question"
    - me ask backgroud of guy
    - ok bye thanks goodweeknd etc

- recruiter email - reject

- me wow such broke system or such hire good???

Interview Questions

• solve leetcode easy? solve leetcode hard?   2 Answers

Associate Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Truly sad about the way Facebook conducts their diversity recruiting. They say they are committed to diversity but the majority of their talent for this program comes from Northwestern, Stanford, and other top tier schools. Their commitment to diversity is to select the higher class and not the lower class.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Two phone interview process and wasn't picketed for the third onsite interview (final interview). The first one was a chat with the recruiter to talk about past experiences and future goals. She told me about the technical interview and kept saying how hard it is. Is in fact hard but, in my experience makes it harder if the interviewer doesn't speak fluent English so it was very hard for me to understand him. Is was excited to enter this company and will try again in the future, for now I'm done with the hard interview process.

Interview Questions

• Calculate shorter distance based on 2 points based on mathematical formula.   1 Answer
    • Recursive algorithm to find popularity of a person   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The process began with recruiter contacting me via Linkedin, followed by phone call with recruiter. This was followed by phone screen. The phone screen was very tough and haven't seen such questions before in Glassdoor, Careercup, etc

Interview Questions

• 1. Given a a set of points (x1,y1,), (x2,y2),...(xn, yn), find a set of tuples which satisfy xi+xj=k and yi+yj=k in O(n) time.
      2. Given a matrix of size m-by-n and a sub-matrix of that matrix i-by-j, find the sum of all the elements of the sub-matrix in amortized O(1) time.   Answer Question

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

After initial phone interview i passed phone coding interview (got 2 simple coding problems). Than in 2 weeks proceed with on site interview. It lasted more than 5 hours with 45 min break for lunch. Started with 2 coding sessions on whiteboard than design and architectural interviews, behavior interview with coding question and closing coding interview all with different people without any gaps between.

Interview Questions

• Graph, Array tasks for coding part   1 Answer

Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY).

Interview

I had my first call with a recruiter and after that was the hiring manager. From there, an in-person session was scheduled. The final process would have been a pitch but didn't get past the in-person interview. Even though I didn't get the job, thought it was a very smooth interview process.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest trend at Facebook in the past few years?   2 Answers