Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018
3,699 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Got contacted through college. 2 technical phone rounds..both coding. questions were moderate to tough then onsite

Interview Questions

• given a set of integers, return a set of all such integers that sum upto a given value x   Answer Question

Interview

Phone screens, one day of onsite interviews, and offer within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Relocation expenses

IOS Engineer Interview

Interview

Got in touch with a recruiter through a friend, and they passed me along to a mobile recruiter. I had 2 technical phone interviews—one more general CS stuff, and the other specific to iOS. After that, they flew me out to Facebook HQ, where I interviewed with 4 members of the iOS team.

Interview Questions

• Lots of standard challenge type questions.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Interview

4 interviews back to back in one afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Every single interviewer asked a puzzle question. The most complex was:

You're standing in a boat in a reservoir of water that is filled to the brim. There is a brick sitting on the bottom of the boat. If you pick up the brick and throw it into the reservoir, will the water overflow?   7 Answers

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Got the first interview through school career website. Process consisted of 2 on-campus interviews plus a phone interview since I was a borderline case.

SMB Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

They want to be big as Google, but the interviewing proccess is disrespectful.If the candidates are not the chosen ones, why not letting them know? At least Google gave me an answer, Amateurs.

Interview Questions

• How can you reach the maximum number of people with few efforts?   Answer Question

Payment Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I went through two phone interviews, brief email interactions, and one on-site interview. The first phone interview was with a recruiter who asked your basic questions about experience, personal values, and corporate expectations. The second interview was with a team member who basically ran through similar questions. The on site interview lasted two hours. Four separate employees interviewed me for thirty minutes each.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who claimed their children used their credit card without their knowledge?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

There are varying number of interviews in different colleges. I personally had to undergo a total of 6 rounds-

a) Written - wherein they tested our command over English. The test though not very difficult, will gauge your grasp over grammar.

b) Group Discussion- a group of 6- 7 candidates are expected to debate on 2- 3 topics. Here I believe the key is to put across one's view without coming across as too dominating. Being balanced and constantly engaged always seems to work.

c) First round (interview) - The first round for me was extremely basic and lots of fun. As I was been interviewed for Online Sales Operations (now Global Marketing Solutions), the interviewer asked me questions pertaining to my favorite ad, my thoughts on online advertising etc. It was a very easy interview and was basically to understand if I was aware of the online platform.

d) Second Round - The second round was largely around scrutinizing my resume and later questions pertaining to my future plans. I was honest about when I wanted to pursue my Masters, later got to know that they were looking forward to such honest answers. (Guess lying about you wanting with the company forever, esp if you're an undergrad, won't work :) )

e) The next two round were via Skype and phone. Both of the interviewers were there to gauge one's analytical skills.

Interview Questions

• Out of the blue a series of extremely random analytical questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since I was a campus recruit, no negotiations :/

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Recruiter outreach for interview. Online interview via collabedit for coding. Normally they ask 3 questions, but I couldn't get past the first one.

My suggestion: gather all the questions here on glassdoor and just practice the questions. Interviwer was friendly. They didn't ask any questions about datastructures or anything, but maybe that's because I didn't get past the first question.

Interview Questions

• Design a simple regex parser. They give you a simple language grammar, something like matching patterns agains + or *. But nothing too complicated.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Just a simple 15-30 minute phone interview. I wasn't sure how I felt about the interview. The recruiter was polite and proceeded to dive right in to asking me about everything Facebook in conjunction with some technical questions. The technical questions weren't difficult for someone that comes from a data/statistics background. I obviously didn't (guess that's why they do phone screens). Then she put me on hold for about 1-2 minutes. Proceeded to tell me more about the job (read the job description really quickly) and asked if I had questions. Needless to say, I was not what she was looking for and she knew that mid-way through the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your SQL skills (1-10)?   Answer Question
    • How would you rate your statistics skills (1-10)?   1 Answer
    • Can you explain to me what linear regression is?   Answer Question
    • Can you explain to me what a join is?   1 Answer