Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,087 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Normal standard process. The interview process was similar to other ones in the Silicon Valley. Phone Screen. On-campus interview and then a final interview round.

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

The first phone screen was with a recruiter to discuss the role and ask a few basic technical questions. The next step was a 45 minute coding focused phone interview. You are given two simple, but not practical coding challenges to answer live with the interviewer. If you have studied only interview coding type questions from the many online sites that charge a fee for answers, then you may do well, otherwise, don't count on it. If you don't succeed, they end the process there without asking any systems or networking related questions. So, if you want to pass their coding interview, study and do practice problems for months.

Interview Questions

• Import a CSV / JSON file. If condition is met, print two attributes for that condition.   Answer Question
    • Add each number in an array until the sum equals the rest of the array   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was welcomed to HQ and met with fellow candidates and the recruiting team. We were given a tour of the main (classic) campus and then led to a lounge area where we waited for our interviewers. This was probably the most comfortable I have ever felt in an interview because the managers were interesting and took time to get to know about me/my interests before getting into the more technical questions. There was 3 interviews and all of them went pretty smooth!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss.   Answer Question

Enterprise Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook in August 2017.

Interview

I was approached by the recruiter from that department through LinkedIn. Had the phone screening and I think the recruiter was okay. The problem was when I took the phone interview. The guy told me to write the pseudocode at first because he said we didn't have enough time to finish everything, so I wrote the whole pseudocode and explain it to him. However, he suddenly told me to write the whole code at the very end and I didn't manage to finish to write the whole thing and got rejected. I felt being like he's playing around with me. Very disappointing experience from a company such as Facebook.

Interview Questions

• Given Integer, translate it into English words, i.e. 432,000 -> four hundred thirty two thousands. Another question is very straightforward: Given an array and an integer z, rotate the array starting from index z to the front, i.e. ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e', 'f', 'g'] z=3 => ['e', 'f', 'g', 'a', 'b', 'c', 'd']   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2017.

I was contacted by a recruiter via email and he then called me up to get to know about my background and experience and then he scheduled a phone interview with one of the Facebook Engineers. The initial phone screen was pretty straightforward and not that difficult, so I was able to solve all the problems. I received an email from the recruiter the very next day for a quick chat over the phone and there I was told that they would like to continue with this process and a second phone interview was scheduled.
    The second phone interview was easy as well and I was able to solve the problem pretty quickly. And like before I was contacted by the recruiter almost immediately and he scheduled an on-site interview for me at Menlo Park,CA. The on-site interviewes were very intense. The questions were tough but luckily the interviewers at FB are very friendly and they try to help you out as much as they can. They actually want you to succeed. I underestimated the system design round and that was my BIGGEST mistake. But all in all, the whole experience was amazing. I have been to a lot of interviews before but the way Facebook conducts the interviews is just awesome.

Interview Questions

• PI - 1:
                 i.) Reverse a Linked List?
                 ii.) Divide 2 numbers without using "/" symbol and return remainder and the quotient?

PI - 2:
                 i.) Merge Intervals (Leet Code)

OS:
           i.) Behavioural: Why FB? Followed by a coding challenge: Minimal run time scheduler(Leet Code)
          ii.) CC: Expression Evaluation
         iii.) CC: Find the K closest points to the origin in 2D plane, given an array containing N points. You can assume K is much smaller than N and N is very large.   Answer Question

HR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter. She was late for the scheduled call, speaking fast, seemed like FB was the only and best company to work here, and I should be lucky to get a call. She was "cocky" I would say, and not friendly or cared for my questions. I was turned off by this call, and decided not move forward to the next phase. I wouldnt want to work in such culture.

Market Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2017.

Interview

1. Contacted on LinkedIn by recruiter
    2. Sent CV to recruiter
    3. Preliminary phone call with recruiter: further info on role
    4. Written language test (feedback received the following day)
    5. Interview with recruiter
    6. Interview with team member
    7. two additional interviews with team members + manager (4 interviews in total)

PRO: Recruiters help you along the way.
    CON: They seem to be on a hiring spree, and coordination got a bit choppy along the way.

The interview rounds are quite quick, and they ask you competence-based questions. I found them similar to consulting interviews in that they want to see how you analyze and problematize an issue.

The recruiter provides guidelines and "prep material" at every stage, which is very helpful. The recruiter who contacted me was very friendly, efficient, and provided information for every stage. I found this very helpful, since it can be a bit daunting for new graduates on their first "serious job" hunt.

However, during the 4 interviews with the team, several questions were repeated, some of them word to word, which I found a bit redundant and repetitive. Also, I had a few interviews neck to neck, which was physically and mentally exhausting since it meant that I had to talk for a couple of hours straight. Would be much better to pan them out. In my last interviews, things got very messy - the interviewers were changed last-minute, and the recruiter's "prep material" was not updated. So I could not benefit from the kind of help that was provided earlier.

Most of all, things got a bit loose towards the end. I was first told that I would receive a final response within 48 hours of the last interview, then told it would take a week instead. Two weeks passed without any updates, and I was only informed that I didn't make the final cut after I had sent two emails asking what was going on (politely). I am aware Facebook is on a hiring spree in this line of work, but I expected a firm on this scale to be more organized.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Facebook in your market?
      Here are some hypothetical situations that may arise during your role. How would you make decisions, and based on what criteria?
      What are some facts you can give me about Facebook in your market?
      Who are Facebook's main competitors in your market?   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

FB University Recruiter contacted me to learn more about my background and interest in design opportunities. I had 2 phone interviews with designers after that, which dealt with past work and app critique.
    Following that I had an invitation to go on-site for interviewing. The rounds started off with me giving a presentation of my work in front of a room of designers, followed by lunch with a designer. Thereafter there was another app-critique session, followed by detailed background and Q&A with a design manger, followed by a design exercise aimed at problem solving with another designer. This wrapped up my on-site interviews.
    After a few days, I heard back from the recruiter saying that they would like to have another phone interview with a senior designer to learn about my "background" - this had me puzzled since I have already been through so many rounds and a background info interview wasn't seeming normal to me. Anyways, I went ahead with it and had the call, things went well and so on. Next day I receive a rejection from FB. No call, no clarification, pretty standard "thanks for taking the time, we won't be moving forward" email followed by a survey.
    The interview overall went well and I had a good experience preparing for it as well as handling rounds that are sort of unique to FB. There is a lot of online material to help prepare for FB's designer roles interviews.

Business Integrity Analyst: Core Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter reached out for a quick 20min phone interview which basically covered my background. Got scheduled for another phone interview with the hiring manager after which I got invited for an On-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were case study question based around Project Management. Their plan is to evaluate your overall thinking approach and problem solving skills. No technical questions at all.   1 Answer

Partner Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I applied online and got into a phone screening with one of the recruiter. Basically he asked me about my background and described the role. I thought went pretty well, but I got no follow up.