Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Facebook

6,140 Interview Reviews

3.1

SRE Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

45 Minutes for programming, and 45 minutes for linux. Coding was a couple of question, the first one very simple, the second one a bit more tricky with a trick detail to notice by the end. They don't want you using references, but definitely a simple basic reference for your language of choice should be open - because the discomfort of the situation makes people forget simple stuff. The Linux was knowing everything about vmstat in Linux. Every part of the table.

Interview Questions

• Explain every part of vmstat.   1 Answer

Product Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I applied through a referral, the recruiter got back to me within a few days about a first round video interview, and I was contacted by the woman who actually interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• What is a pain point of a platform besides Facebook that you have? How would you solve that pain point if you were on the development team?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

1. 30 min intro call by the recruiter with 4 screening questions (pass or no decision point)
    2. 30 min VC interview with hiring manager, combo of product/experience/industry questions (pass or no decision point)
    3. One 2.5 hour on-site interview loop with 5 people on the XFN (cross-functional) team and a 1 hour case presentation to hiring manager and other senior team member (pass or no decision point)
    4. Offer

Interview Questions

• What could Facebook do better?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Incredibly smooth process - recruiters are super responsive and accommodating. I got updates regularly as well as plenty of support around the types of questions I would be asked in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Statistical theory, case question   6 Answers

Data Scientist, Infrastructure Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

A Shared Coderpad of SQL, Python Coding, Stats and ML. The questions were actually pretty basic but the interviewer frequently asked nitpicky questions that a DS practitioner would never really think about (like what are the formulas for pooled variance). See questions below as examples.

Interview Questions

• What are the assumptions behind a t-test   1 Answer
    • What is the formula for pooled variance (yes they expect you to know the actual formula from memory)   Answer Question
    • What are the formulas for recall, precision, false positive rate, etc   Answer Question
    • (Coding) Search for first instance of k in sorted array more efficiently than O(n).   1 Answer
    • What are the number of pairwise combinations of N elements.   1 Answer
    • How do you handle imbalanced classes?   Answer Question
    • Import CSV and manipulate some data. No pandas allowed though.   Answer Question
    • (SQL) Given a table, provide all the pairwise combinations of IDs, without any duplicates. So with record1: ID1 ID2; record2: ID2 ID1; record1 or record2 needs to be removed.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Facebook in March 2020.

Interview

The final step before gets the potential offer from Facebook. Due to CoronaVirus, it changes from On-Site Interview to Video On-Site Interview. 3 rounds of 1:1 Bluejean 45 minutes interviews. First and last round are coding interviews each has 2 questions. And the other is a BQ interview.

Interview Questions

• Is Completed Binary Tree   2 Answers
    • Almost Palindrome (Palindrome with white space)   2 Answers
    • Behavior Questions:   3 Answers
    • Add two positive integer number in string Format   2 Answers
    • Add two positive decimal number in string Format   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

The interviewer introduced himself and start asking questions directly. Finally, the interviewer ask if I have any questions for him. I am lucky to answer the 2 questions perfectly and feel confident about getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Two questions can both be found on leetcode.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Quick and straightforward. Was contacted by a recruiter, had a phone screening interview and then a 1:1 with a leadership team member. The phone call with a recruiter was more to inform me about the position and then also to verify that my experience was relevant to the position. In both interviews I was given the opportunity to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize tasks

What is a situation where you have failed   2 Answers

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Phone screen then coding challenge interview online. First interview was a simple behavioral phone screen, about past experiences . The coding challenge was a typical data structures and algorithms question.

Interview Questions

• Q: Find the subarray in an array whose sum equals K.   2 Answers

Technical Sourcer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me. Wasnt looking at Facebook, but admitted they have had problems in the past with reputation over spying on it users. Several calls were good at first. I was impressed with the team, but still had doubts about the company. Fast forward to a final interview after several attempts to find me a team and was impressed with the managers.. They didnt even tell me I was out of the process and didnt hear back from them. They seem to ghost people and just provide a huge pipeline. I thought some of the people there were great, but overall the company is immoral and couldnt see myself working for a place tha violates civil liberities daily. Thank you Facebook for ghosting me! Back to shady practice and comprosing your dignity for good pay. As a recruiter its pretty sad when you can not share any feeback, yet alone ghost someone. All this stuff about improving the candidate experience is just BS over the Cambridge Analytics scam. Thanks for ghosting me and good luck spying on humanity while claiming otherwise.

Interview Questions

• Sourcing techniques, collaboration,   1 Answer