Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Facebook

6,140 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter to set up a technical phone interview. Got two coding questions which I answered correctly, though I needed a hint on one of them. Facebook chose not to proceed.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn, we scheduled a call. She didn't show up to the first call, apologized and rescheduled with me soon after. The rescheduled call came around and I was left hanging.

Moral of this story: Apply to Facebook directly, if anyone is attempting to source you via LinkedIn this probably will not work out.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in April 2020.

Interview

Standard interview process. Recruiter reached out to me and I had the following rounds: 1 phone screen, 3 onsite rounds and 1 follow up on-site. Facebook has a very high bar and they want all questions to be answered completely in most cases along with time and space complexity.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode medium questions.
      Phone Screen
       2. Task schedular with cool down
       3. BST iterator
       1. Some BFS maze based question   2 Answers

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Contact Hr for this role, pass the first HR screen, and was asked SQL and product for the next round. Each part took around 20-25 mins. use SQL to join one table with customer info and fraud

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me through email, and we setup a phone interview for the following week.

During the the phone interview, I could barely hear the recruiter talking. I barely heard his explanation of the role and the team. I had to ask him several times to repeat his questions. The interview went very fast (under 13 min). Overall it was a frustrating experience.

Interview Questions

• What are Facebook products you are familiar with?
      You noticed there is 20% decreases in FB product users, what would you do to correct that?
      SQL Questions
      Make sure you learn about A/B testing.   2 Answers

Client Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in April 2020.

Interview

After applying online, I received an e-mail from a recruiter to schedule a phone screen. At the time of the phone screen, the recruiter never called so I contacted her. I then received an automated message that said she was sick and out of the office. The next day she responds and we were able to reschedule. After our phone call, she said she will follow up and never did. I followed up multiple times and although my messages were read she never responded. I was a bit surprised because a friend of mine told me the recruiting process at Facebook is the best she's experienced. Unfortunately, I did not receive the same experience.

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

Interview panel was scheduled remotely due to Covid-19, and took place in stages over a couple of months due to the company considering me for multiple positions.

Initial interviews went well, and was "approved" for Director-level and VP-level roles within the organization following two senior manager sessions which included coding and architecture deep-dives.

Over the next month, FB decided that no VP or Director level positions were open, but wanted to actively interview me still. They asked me to confirm an email stating that I'd consider an M2 position with the company, despite being in an SVP role at another FAANG. While the comp was 1/4 of my current package, getting "closer to the action" was exciting, so I ended up agreeing to a panel at that level for both M2 Engineering Manager and M2 TPM.

The Engineering Manager interview was very standard: Director-level interviewers looking for soft-skills, management style, culture fit, and the like. My coding interview, however, was bizarre. It started out with the interviewer changing the language it'd be conducted in "on the fly" because she wasn't familiar with the language I had chosen. Curveball, but okay. Next, we couldn't find common ground on terminology surrounding algorithms, and she seemed wholly unfamiliar with why specific types of optimizations were superior with large data sets versus smaller scopes. She spent most of the time talking about how a language I helped create had shaped her career. I don't think the feedback was generally good from this session. For one of the architecture interviews, the interviewer was visibly on his phone for almost every answer I gave, and kept saying "sorry, could you repeat that?" and didn't seem to be paying much attention at all. No offer for that position, and was asked to consider PM.

I declined two pending offers from other companies because PM is my "ideal" role at FB. After a week, FB got back to me and said "oh, actually it is TPM, sorry". TPM is not a role that is very exciting for me personally, but because they asked me to let my other offers expire, I was backed into a corner quite a bit and ended up agreeing to interview for TPM.

The TPM interview panel ended up just using 90% of the (very positive, apparently) feedback from the EM panel. The only change would be talking to the hiring manager for the new role and doing another architecture interview. Architecture went well, and we scheduled the hiring manager interview. Unfortunately, at the last minute the hiring manager was unavailable and an alternative interviewer was scheduled. Unfortunately, she showed up fairly late and we were time-compressed. I had a flare-up of a medical condition and became temporarily unable to speak properly (multiple sclerosis). I asked to reschedule, but was declined by both the interviewer and my recruiter.

Following that, the recruiter let me know that the package would be much lower than we discussed ($1.1MM became $800k), and we set a time to speak about go-forward. Ended up getting ghosted for almost a month, after which the recruiter popped back up and promised an answer "tomorrow". That was weeks ago, and she still hasn't popped back up.

At this point, I'm no longer interested, as I did not feel that my considerable time invested was respected at all. Between not properly accommodating a medical disability and the vague communication, it doesn't seem like this would be a good experience for other senior-level candidates.

Interview Questions

• How do you influence and build consensus with stakeholders?   1 Answer
    • How do you collaborate with others?   1 Answer
    • How do you solve conflict?   2 Answers
    • What do you look for when building a team?   1 Answer
    • How do you maintain a healthy team?   1 Answer
    • How do you grow people’s careers and build your bench?   1 Answer
    • What would a report/peer/manager feedback on you be?   1 Answer
    • How do you describe your job to people outside the industry?   1 Answer
    • How do you measure your own success?   1 Answer

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

Interview process was virtual due to covid-19.

The process had 3 parts:

1. Phone Screen, where recruiter briefly covered some tech topics

2. Tech Screen, where I worked with a developer to solve 2 technical problems. He was very helpful in keeping my thinking in line with the optimal solution.

3. 4 interviews spread over 5 hours, 2 coding, 1 behavioural, and 1 architecture. Coding interviews were pretty straightforward. The behavioural one was surprisingly easy to do, even for someone more introverted like me, this is because the interviewer had a very calming presence and the format was more like a conversation than a Q&A. The architecture interview was the most fun - I worked with a developer on a design problem for implementing a new widget. We talked about pros/cons, thought about how the implementation could be used, what edge cases to consider, and design decisions to make the solution more scalable and generalized.

Interview Questions

• Parse roman numeral into a number   1 Answer

Content Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in April 2020.

Interview

The interview process is about a month or two, and can be intimidating. There are four parts: an initial call with an HR screener, a portfolio review, a practical test to be completed within a couple of days, and a video interview with the Department Head.

Interview Questions

• Past experience, work flows.   1 Answer

Product Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Jose, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

Process has been very streamlined. Recruiter confirmed date and time for discussion. Was very informative on the phone, and reviewed next steps. Asked about their own experience with the company and received overwhelming positive feedback that got me excited to work for a great company. I can’t wait to learn more about the role and finally work for a tech company like this one.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict with employees who report to you and who you report to?   2 Answers