Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,140 Interview Reviews

3.1

People Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

Sourcing screen. Sourcer was unprepared and unaware of my current employment status and seemed like he had just read my resume 5 minutes before the call. Only asked very general "website" interview questions.

Although, Employee referral program at Facebook is excellent and team went the extra mile to find a fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background?   Answer Question
    • What have you recently... ***err what things did you help optimize at your previous employer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in April 2020.

Interview

The interview was one coding question in 50 minutes. It involved doing a question on breadth first search and a facebook engineer watching you code. I do not know what else to say.

Interview Questions

• Searching a 2D array for something   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

A recruiter reached out over email. Quick call and I was scheduled for a technical phone screen. The interviewer turned out to have a really thick Chinese accent. Lost a bunch of time trying to understand the interviewer explain their question and understand my solution. There is only so many times one can ask someone to repeat themselves. Would have been nice to be able to interview with someone where communication wasn't the handicap.

Interview Questions

• Given a string composed of digits, find all possible combinations of adding/subtracting any contiguous combination of the digits that result in a pre-defined target number.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in April 2020.

Interview

Initially got a referred for one position, and was rejected before getting offered an interview. Some months later, a recruiter reached out about a different position (SWE). I had a phone interview then an "onsite".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in April 2020.

Interview

HR contacted me to set up interview. Interview was 1 hour long and asked data structures and algorithms questions. Interviewer wasn't clear and didn't elaborate enough. When the interviewer asked me to explain my code and walk them through I did this but they didn't make it clear enough what the error was when I explained it.

Interview Questions

• Two Data Structures and Algorithms questions, one was array sorting question the other was binary search tree.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook in April 2020.

Interview

I was passed around to different recruiters as they were determining which office needed headcount which took some time. Interview itself was standard algo stuff, recruiters did a good job providing prep material but the interview was very short and I didn't finish optimizing in time.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in April 2020.

Interview

Facebook talks about diversity but only hires people from Silicon Valley and those who only agree with their virtue signaling and censorship of views they dont deem acceptable. If you want a job, put a pronoun next to your name and post the latest mainstream acceptable point of view for this cult of fascist freedom haters. They brought this culture during the interview and i had a difference of opinion, so i am out. Diversity of thought not allowed at Facebook.

Interview Questions

• Describe recruiting process   1 Answer

Data Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in April 2020.

Interview

First-round is talking with HR and the second round is a SQL technical interview with 4 SQL questions. I thought that it also includes some product analysis but not apply to me. I am pretty disappointed.

Interview Questions

• The first round is talking with HR. Be asked causal inference analysis about some numbers. One python question and one SQL question.   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in April 2020.

Interview

Overall normal interview process conducted virtually due to Covid. Phone screen with recruiter, then video interviews with various people along with the hiring manager.

Questions were a combination of behavioral and technical, specific to the role. Felt very conversational with the technical questions layered in throughout.

It’s been a few weeks with no addition interviews or contact from the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what made you interested in working for FB   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in April 2020.

Interview

FB Recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin and we set up a meeting. It was a phone screen by Recruiter for 30 minutes, she was nice and helped me a lot to understand the details of the projects and scope of the work

Interview Questions

• She asked basic statistics,probabilty questions such as bayes' theorem and hypothesis testing   2 Answers