Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,140 Interview Reviews

3.1

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in April 2020.

Interview

A recruiter reached out over LinkedIn for a 30-45 minute conversation. From there there was a 45 minute product case interview with a Data Science Manager. After that there was a virtual onsite (in light of COVID-19) with 4 data science folks. One interview was a SQL interview and 3 were product case interviews. Everyone was very nice.

The recruiters do a lot to help you prepare (they send an hour long video with sample interviews). Overall they are super helpful. My one surprise was that the SQL interview was a lot more challenging than the video led me to believe. This may be because I was interviewing for the Senior Data Scientist role rather than the Data Scientist role.

After a couple weeks the team informed me I did not get the role. They weren't able to provide any specific feedback.

Interview Questions

• SQL question that involved window functions   3 Answers

Decision Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Chicago, IL) in April 2020.

Interview

I applied online and Recruiter reached out to my by email. I thought it would be a regular phone screen as my previous experience with Facebook.
    However, he never called. I emailed him later, no reply. Then I message him in LinkedIn, no reply. And I saw he like some posts in LinkedIn. So.....

Yeah. Facebook is the GREATEST company and EVERY ONE wants to work for you. The Recruiter at Facebook is soooo BUSY that they have millions of emails to reply, millions of resume to review, millions of calls to make. And some Recruiter just don't have time to reply the candidates that they don't like even though they used to like you.
    I have interviewed with Facebook and other companies before, and this is the worst experience I have ever had. It seems like that I will never get the chance to interview with Facebook again since my resume will always be sent to this Recruiter and I will never get any response from him.

Here is my previous regular interview experience with Facebook:
    Recruiter will reach out to you pretty soon after you submitted a resume, I will say within a month.
    After the initial phone screen, it's pretty easy to get a pass and setup the first interview call.
    It will be a video call, and will focus on SQL, R or Python, but this round only focus on coding.

Compared to my Data Scientist interview like 5 years ago, the SQL get more and more complicated, you need to think about subquery. for example: data is provided at daily activity and need to get a sum up.

Data Scientist, Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in April 2020.

Interview

The recruiter sent a questionnaire asking about candidate's experience and data project. Phone screen took about 15 minutes. Asked me about the data project, product sense question and SQL questions.

Interview Questions

• If the number of Facebook friend requests dropped by 10%, how would you investigate the problem as a data scientist?   1 Answer

Marketing Strategy and Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

There were four rounds of interviews. The first was the recruiter screen, second was a 30 min VC with the hiring manager, then a round of onsite interviews and then a final VC interview with the head of the team. My onsite were changed to virtual due to COVID.

Interview Questions

• What would you do on your first 90 days on the job?   1 Answer

Head of Governance, Risk and Compliance FCS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

The recruiters that I dealt with were very responsive throughout the process and they were a big help in providing the format for the remote panel interviews as well as the background of the interviewers. The Blue “Jeans technology was intuitive and very reliable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an time you had to gain consensus with a number of conflicted parties   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter contacted me asking for some details. Then she got back to me with online assessments. Once I cleared that 45mins of DA coding interview. If cleared network protocols interview will be scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Basic python, linux, network protocols   2 Answers

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Referred by my friend who's a current employee and got a reply from hr in a week to do a phone screen. The phone screening was about my experience in data science and some high-level SQL questions. Got updated to move on to the next round the next day. The second round is about a product case and a following SQL query test.

Interview Questions

• A product question on how to recognize the problem of the business manager system, a 2C system that business users can manage their ads payments. The main issue is that business users find troubles using the navigation bar to find the tools they need. Ask you to find ways to locate the problem. Then it's followed by some SQL questions related to the problem.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Applied online. First I receive an online test that had networking questions along with some coding questions as well. The next step was a Phone call in that they asked me to solve 2 coding problems.

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

HR interview first. She asked some high level sql questions and one product questions. It last 15 min. Then, video interview for product and sql. It last 45 min. Then, on site. product sql statistics,behavior questions. All of them are very nice. HR responses email in one day.

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

Hiring manager first interviewed me to check if my background was close to what they were looking for. Then, I did a second interview with another research scientist. The second interview was more technical.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my background during the first interview.
      During the second interview they asked question related to the position.   Answer Question