Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Facebook

6,140 Interview Reviews

3.1

Product Designer Interview

Interview

Fast and straightforward process where the recruiter helped immensely through the process. Got back to me quickly and stayed updated on the events that were happening at all times.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

The interviewer is a nice person and will help you with the question by giving you some hints. Questions include both SQL questions and general data science questions regarding the practical problems in Facebook.

Interview Questions

• How to investigate the 10% drop of the friends application?   3 Answers

DS Analytics NG Interview

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter and I received a survey and got rejected after that. I am surprised that I was not even given a phone interview as it should be followed by the reach out.

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I was approached by a FB in-house recruiter, but wasn't interested at the time. I contacted her back a year later. After a couple of emails, we had an introductory call. That was followed by two phone screens, one around coding, one around Linux systems and troubleshooting. Coding phone screen was on coderpad.

Recruiter was pleasant and responsive, she even got in touch a few days after the phone screen to apologize for not having feedback yet.

Coding interviewer was not great: he offered very little in terms of interaction or clues. I coded the first problem, and he didn't question anything, yet asked me to go over it line-by-line logically. Not sure he understood what I was trying to do. As we were getting short of time, he moved onto the second question, but with too little time remaining. Overall not a great experience.

The troubleshooting interviewer was much better: we had meaningful interactions, and were able to discuss the problems he presented.

Interview Questions

• One of the coding questions was to generate a minesweeper grid (2x3) with 3 randomly-placed mines.   4 Answers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

The standard onsite gauntlet that FAANG companies are famous for! 2+ coding rounds, design/architecture, and a behavioral.
    I did better in some parts than others, but overall, i thought everything question was fair. There was no 'gotchas' or totally unexpected questions.
    I was most impressed in working with the Facebook recruiter. He was VERY organized, prompt, kept me in the loop, and overall very helpful in informing me what to expect and how to prep for the interview. Even after the on-site, during the hiring decision, he kept me informed of what was going on every step of the way. It felt like Facebook had a very well-defined recruiting process unlike some of the smaller startups.

Interview Questions

• You know, the standard coding question with a naive solution of O(n^2) that can be solved in O(n) using more memory :P   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

Surprisingly unprofessional. I was lead to believe I was recruited because I own a company that does exactly what was in the job description.

The communication was among the worst I’ve experienced if not the single worst.

I received one, dry, impersonal response per 2-3 follow-up emails I sent after being recruited. Finally, a response to a 2nd or 3rd follow up after sending my resume said, “I thought I sent this 10 days ago, I’ll send it now”.

The phone interview was laughable.

There literally wasn’t one behavioral question, in fact, there were only two real questions; one of which was to walk the interviewer through loading a CSV file which was slightly insulting. As you can imagine I followed up to no response after the interview. I only reached out once this time, after learning a 4 month lesson on the arrogance of Facebook.

I would have sold my company in a heartbeat to work here. But instead I’m left with a bitter taste in my mouth and resentment toward a company I’ve loved for over 10 years.

Dealing with the Austin team reminded me why I started my own company in the first place.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through importing scorms   1 Answer

Intern - Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewer began right away and asked two questions. The first was related to linked list which I didn't know how to do at the time and the second was about containers. Throughout the interview the interviewer was very accommodating and open to questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you hold a 30 digit number?   2 Answers

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Phone internerview, they asked three question, statistics, sql and programming . The recruiter was very nice and helpful thru out the process, no problems at all, it was lite.

Interview Questions

• Explain A/B testing, explaining WHERE statements and things like that. For programming they asked basic questions such how revert a string and etc..   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

I had my first interview with Recruiter in February second week. I was asked general screening questions + SQL fundamentals + quick product question about Newsfeed. Don't take this round easily, you might be caught off guard.

Then I had my 1:1 video interview with a Data Scientist but the video didn't work properly, so ended being similar to phone interview. It was a Product design round, how would you develop <fill in any FB product>, metrics, experimentation basics

Then had virtual onsite with 4 data scientists. The format and focus was clearly given by the recruiter. From my perspective I did 3 interviews well but the last interview was bad. The main problem was video conferencing, we couldn't be on the same page as the interviewer asked something which I said 15 mins ago in a different context and tried connecting it. It would have been smooth if there a white board. It was difficult for me to talk to interviewer and write something on my note at the same time.

Interview Questions

• NDA
      SQL, Products, Experimentation   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Phone Screen, Hiring manager interview, Onsite. And then re-interview for product sense. No feedback which makes it hard to understand what went wrong.

Take it as a learning experience.

Don't go with any expectation.

Interview Questions

• Product Sense, Execution, Leadership and Drive   4 Answers