Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 22, 2017
3,329 Interview Reviews

3.2

Hardware Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

An hour long phone interview focused on computer architecture fundamentals, memory testing at hardware level and software testing . It was my first semester at Master's program and hence it was mostly related to the computer architecture I had taken then

Interview Questions

• How would you test on a hardware level if a bunch of servers have crashed memories   Answer Question

SMB Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY).

Interview

Got contacted on LinkedIn by a Facebook recruiter. Told the. I was pretty happy with my current situation, but they insisted they wanted to talk to me. Round one was pretty basic - company structure, compensation, etc. The first round had a couple of technical questions that were fairly basic, but were pretty easy. Made it to round two.

Round two was on a program called Coderpad, which was okay but would be nice if I could have actually seen the tables I was supposed to be pulling from. There were two coding challenges. First one was a simple SQL pull to identify most popular Spotify songs on a given day. Second one was more difficult - required a couple of subqueries.

They were very friendly and professional. Not the right fit for this particular position.

Interview Questions

• Write a query that identifies all the users that listened to three of the same songs on Spotify, on the same day, as someone in their friend list.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Very straightforward, did a coderpad interview. Interviewer asked a little about my resume at first, described his role, then we dove into the technical portion. Only got through one question as he had me spend a very long time explaining my thought process and working through the algorithm before he would let me start coding.

Interview Questions

• Given a full binary tree, find the longest path between any two nodes. (Essentially, find the diameter of a full binary tree.)   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

spoke with a recruiter towards the end of this summer and he finally got back to me about a phone interview which I had last week. My interviewer sounded like he was pretty busy and just wanted to get through the questions. After the coding questions, he just concluded the interview without much discussion, even though I did alright on the questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Referred by a current employee for a new grad software engineering position. Entire process took about 4 week from initial application to decision. Had one phone screen with basic programming problems. Received invitation for onsite interview.

Attended Facebook University Day. Had 3 back to back interviews with typical medium problems you'd see on LeetCode.

Didn't receive offer, but had a great time. Practice your LeetCode, but more importantly practice talking through the problems.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Had a phone interview. Got the most optimal solution to the algorithms problem, refactored code, asked good questions about working at Facebook, asked them some stuff about engineering from their blog. Ended up getting a rejection the next day.

Product Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Working with the recruiting team at Facebook the best part of the process. They're professional, capable and on top of things. After connecting with one, they screened with some basic analytical questions, then discussed the role and answered any questions around the position. Following the conversation, they sent a detailed mail outlining the interview process which starts with a phone screen.

Interview Questions

• 2 parts to the interview: Questions around analysis and how you might form a hypothesis given a certain situation about a product. Following that were SQL questions. Both of the interviewers, were late to the calls and both parts of the interview felt rushed. Be aware of this if you're screening involves a code review. It'll require you to think fast and respond before the interviewer cuts in. Keep talking while trying to absorb the problem. It was not the most ideal situation for working through the problem aloud with the interviewer so think about how to balance a situation like that.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Got approached from internal recruiter via Linkedin.
    The first interview was a phone interview with the recruiter asking typical HR related questions to gauge my interest.
    Followed with a half-day onsite (had the option to do via video call but I preferred not to) having 2 one hour interviews with product managers. The first interview was with 2 product managers (one of the them mostly listening in) and the second interview was with 1 product manager. Questions were typical whiteboarding, what-if product related scenarios which I enjoyed.
    I think I did fairly well although I was ill at the day having slept very little so I underperformed and I felt there were areas I could have done better in. I left feeling 70% positive I would move to the next stage.
    I waited for a couple of weeks to hear back but I never did so after following up with the recruiter a few times, he told me that they wouldn't proceed further and it took long for him to get back to me because it was 'close'! I had asked to receive further feedback and I never did. The recruiter never called me back (even if we tried to schedule time) and additionally when I asked 'well can you at least give me a few feedback points via email' I received nothing. Really negative experience which I didn't expect from a company like Facebook

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would build a product for people who want to save money?   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (San Jose, CA).

Interview

It was a phone screen interview and I was asked about my previous projects.
    Questions on Relative layout and Linear layout, how to display notifications on the screen. I was asked if I am familiar with libraries.

Interview Questions

• Basic android questions like, which one would you prefer using fragments or views and why?
       how to display notifications on screen.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

This was an interview for the analyst side of Facebook rather than the ML team. A recruiter reached out and discussed the interview process with me, though I did not advance beyond the phone interview stage. Following the discussion with the recruiter, a phone interview was scheduled with a Facebook data scientist. The person I interviewed with was great to speak with and well-versed in how Facebook works (answered all my questions with clear knowledge of the company).

The interview was conducted via video and a code-sharing website. As with most Facebook interviews, there was a SQL question and a business case question. The SQL question was not as difficult as I was expecting, but I flubbed some basic maths in the process by trying to make it more complicated than it needed to be. I'm not sure if that was the sole reason I did not move forward, but I'm sure there were candidates who answered the question flawlessly.

The business case scenario was interesting, and again I think I did reasonably well but not excellent. There were several terms that I was unfamiliar with (e.g., countermetrics) and I was quite upfront about my lack of knowledge during those parts of the interview. I am coming straight from academia and am not going to fake business knowledge. I prepared quite a bit in learning/brainstorming metrics and business case scenarios, so I'm not sure if more preparation would have helped.

In the end, the process was clear, well-managed, and friendly. Facebook does a great job with this compared to other companies I interviewed with, so I was impressed. I was not particularly interested in the position because the side of Facebook DS I was interviewing for was the analytics side and I am much more interested in ML work - something to be aware of if you are applying.