Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2017
3,529 Interview Reviews

3.2

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I had two interviews. First round was on my school's campus and second round was at Facebook's office for a University Day. The whole process was pretty smooth and quick. My recruiters were awesome!!!

Interview Questions

• - decode ways (check it out on leetcode),
      - find all possible strings from a string of numbers given a mobile keypad   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I had a phone screen. First, the interviewer asked questions about Big O analysis in space and time. Afterwards, there were coding questions. Then, there was a about 5 mins Q&A.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

One technical interview over the phone. . . Pretty standard stuff. They flew me out to California for a final technical interview and tour of the campus. The campus recruiters were super responsive and extremely helpful throughout the process.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Everything leading up to the 45 min Product Sense went well. I think I just got a weird interviewer/interviewee dynamic. He jumped around a lot and I felt like I missed my window to really drive the rest of the interview pretty early. I could tell it wasn't going well pretty much all the way through. Execution round went well.

Recruiter was super nice all the way through.

Interview Questions

• Build Facebook for blind people

There's been a 10/15% drop in usage of FB groups, how do you fix it   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

First, we introduced ourselves. Then we get on a technical question. I solve it and answer the follow-up question. After this, only 10 mins left. I asked him some questions on facebook.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview on my college campus. On-campus interviews lead straight to the on-site interview which was about 3 weeks after my on-campus. For some, you will have a phone screen before your interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY).

Interview

Went for an on-site interview. Started out with about 15 minutes going over my resume and some typical behavioral questions (can you expand on this experience in your resume,what are some challenges you've faced while working on a project). Had two coding questions, not too difficult. Was supposed to have time to ask my interviewer questions, but unfortunately ran out of time, and I didn't get to ask everything I wanted.

Interview Questions

• Create a function that validates whether you a given string is a number   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

There was first an on campus 45 minute white board coding interview. Then, I was invited to the Facebook headquarters for their university day. There was one 45 minute white board interview on site.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Very exhausting and tedious process over a 6-week period, during which following my very last onsite meeting I still never knew where I stood with this company. In fact, after my last onsite interview I asked myself do I even want this job? The questions were repetitive...I met with seven admins and two hiring managers some of which were friendly, yet some of others try to throw you through different hoops. I left irritated and annoyed with the company. Not to mention their comp is not above the industry standard for their ridiculous expectations. In short do not apply at this company unless you want to live and breathe Facebook and give up your freedom. I was not blown away with a single person that I met with - they all have very standard professional backgrounds and educational degrees yet have
     very inflated senses of self.

Also the hiring recruiter for these roles called me without an appointment scheduled or confirmed with me on a Friday after I was leaving a lunch meeting. She called from an unknown number. I happened to answer, and she said, do you have 20 minutes? I was rather annoyed and I felt like this is a snapshot of what life would be like at Facebook - that you have to drop whatever you are doing to talk to someone within the organization. I had to stop off at an outside table just to speak with this recruiter and again she never confirmed an appointment time with me. She also called me another day when I was driving from another number without notice.... at that point I was no longer interested in this opportunity. I felt smothered, tired, the interviews were repetitive and I felt overall this company does not respect your time or talent, that the purpose is to make you jump through hoops, exhaust you and see how much they can get out of you while still expecting you to drool and declare, I REALLY WANT TO WORK AT FACEBOOK!!

Interview Questions

• what would your former boss say about you?   Answer Question
    • are you experienced coordinating meetings?   Answer Question
    • has your former company reached out to you to give you an update over your layoff?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

A 45 minutes phone screen interview. Go through the resume, asked some behavior questions such as why facebook, what's your interest area. Then asked a technical question. In the end, let me ask a question about his team.

Interview Questions

• A string represents an equation such as x + 4 = 8 - x, solve the x   1 Answer