Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,140 Interview Reviews

3.1

Technical Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Keep in mind that Recruiters and Talent Acquisition Manager are all caucasians. So if you’re white without an accent, you’ll have high chances of getting hired.

First, their Sourcer reached out to me via email and we had a short phone conversation. Then there were 3 interviews scheduled on the same day, back to back from 11:45am - 1:45pm (not even a break to drink water or grab a bite).

Interview Questions

• All situation questions and they expect you to answer them with the STAR approach. For example:
      Tell me about a time when you had to collaborate with different members of your organization to get something done.   2 Answers

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in July 2020.

Interview

Recruiter reached out saying hiring manager is interested, but didn't say exactly which team. The role is for FB infrastructure, again, don't know which product or platform. Had phone screening with a TPM working on product and platform infrastructure of WhatsApp. I'll update my onsite interview experience later if I could have it.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process of one of the projects you led end to end. Tell me how you prioritized the tasks. Tell me how you kept stakeholders updated with project progress. Tell me how you designed the end to end system architecture. Hypothetically, how would you design a live streaming service that serves large traffic when a celebrity/popular user live streams/publishes a pre-recorded video.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

FB's product manager interview is really a hit or miss process. They basically ask you to go through multiple rounds of leadership, product sense, and analytics-based interviews, which seems fair, but the reality is that if you screw up on one small area, you get disqualified. So overall the process optimizes for people who thinks fast on their feet over the substance of the answer. While I don't disagree with the fact that there are a lot of good PMs who are like that, there are also a second breed of PMs who are more analytical and can offer much better solutions (especially product sense) if they are given the chance to research and analyze the problem. Asking me how to measure whether to autoplay videos and expect me to get ALL the metrics is not an accurate measure of my execution or analytic aptitude.
     Beyond the basic metrics, there are a lot of intuition, strategy, and peeling the onions that need to happen.

Interview Questions

• How should you decide whether to autoplay videos on the newsfeed? What success metrics?   8 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Easily one of the worst experiences I've had so far. I has scheduled a time with the recruiter for a pre-screen call and had to re-schedule because she forgot. There was no apology, no excuse, just a plain "let's reschedule" email. Following the call, she told me I would be a really great fit for some of the junior level positions and that she would definitely email me about it. But after following up with her thrice and receiving absolutely no response, I had to take a step back. It makes no sense if a big company such as yourself hires recruiters who don't have the basic courtesy to say "no" directly or respect the candidate's time.

Data Scientist, Product Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice, and the questions are very standard Facebook questions. Anyone with a business analyst background should answer with no problem. The bummer is that the recruiter called me 3 hours before my onsite saying that my interview was cancelled because they have reached a global headcount.

Interview Questions

• Understand the launch of a product in the new market, the metrics you should use to analyze, potential customers, value propositions, and the pros and cons of launching.   Answer Question

Research Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY).

Interview

Am a top-tier player in the business and got pinged by a recruiter for a position that was a little junior, but appeared to potentially pay better than what I was making when stock was included.

Was a little worried because I'd been ghosted by Facebook recruiters during discussions in the past, but this one was very good.

Went through a screening interview with hiring manager and had a good conversation; after a couple of video interviews with remote employees

I got a sheepish call back from the recruiter claiming I don't have cross-functional experience (which even a cursory look at my resume shows is a rather silly thing to say). One literally could not do the things I've done without extensive cross-functional work styles, and a former colleague laughed out loud when I told him of this statement.

They "assessed" this alleged shortcoming in 2 interviews of 30 minutes in duration on a video call, the second of which was more like 25 mins because the interviewer was late.

Historically, I've assessed candidates' capabilities in interviews with peers and references, especially before making a sweeping statement as they did, but this wasn't done. Weird.

Overall a bit of a waste of time, but given the recent negative publicity about the brand and its support for questionable advertising, I suspect I dodged a bullet.

Sent LinkedIn invitations to the people who interviewed me after receiving a rejection and none accepted; kinda weird. Reinforced my perception of bullet-dodging; I usually accept invitations from individuals I've interviewed in my role, even if they're rejected.

Interview Questions

• How do you build and manage teams?   1 Answer
    • How do you work across different functions and disciplines?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews. 1 online quiz, 2 coding challenges and 1 on site. The coding challenges were using a shared screen. On site was with 4 different engineers. 3 of them were technical, one of them was behavioral

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in July 2020.

Interview

Had a quick phone to go over my background.

Followed with 1 tech screen. However, during my video chat tech screen, my interviewer was more interested in his work than the actual interview.

So he never answered any questions, ignored my 90% of the time, and then just left. Overall the tech-screen was the worst interview process I have ever gone through and couldn't get any advice on how to proceed.

My recruiter/coordinator was fantastic, sadly not much help when it came to addressing the above concern. Kind of sucks to get rejected when it wasn't entirely your fault.

Interview Questions

• I can't share the question do to the signed agreement still being effective.   1 Answer

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2020.

Interview

Yet to get my phone interview result: , recruiter reached out to me and asked 5 basic sql and DS question and then phone call was set up. It is the similar process what other have explained. During technical phone screen I was able to answer 4/5 sql(30min) and 3/5(20min) python. The questions are not difficult but due to timer and postgresql as DB (new for me) stuck with syntax sometimes.

Interview Questions

• SQL - count , left join , multitable join , order by
      Python - string operation , list manipulation   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your resume and do you have any questions for Interviewer   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Very technical interview. Completed a data analysis and then was invited to in person interview. Interviewers were friendly and asked about past experiences. Interviewed with multiple people on the team. Recruiter was very responsive. Last round was a 1 on 1 interview with director.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you analyze a large amount of data   1 Answer