Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Facebook

6,140 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

1. Campus recruiter reached out by email
    2. After 3 months, scheduled phone interview. Was asked an easy coding problem with followup questions.
    3. One week after phone interview, scheduled onsite interview.
    4. Four rounds of onsite interviews. 3 technical, 1 behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode easy to medium coding problems with followups. Typical behavioral questions.   2 Answers

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Phone Screening
    60 minutes....30 minutes devoted to 5 SQL questions and 30 minutes devoted to 5 java/python questions.
    * The important thing to note is that they are not just looking to see if you can code the correct the solution. They are looking at your ability to communicate your thought process clearly. So if you code a correct solution in complete silence, that's actually a strike against you.
    * They also want to see if you can code quickly. So if you are hunt and peck typist, you might want to take some typing lessons.
    * They also want to see if you can take hints. If you start to veer off course from the solution, do you pick up hints quickly from your screener to get back on track.

Onsite interview
    The onsite interview consists of two ETL interviews, one modeling interview, and one ownership interview.
    * The two ETL interviews will involve you writing SQL and code that mimics ETL done at Facebook. You are given a vague description of what needs to be done and are expected to ask clarifying questions to get a clear idea of what needs to be done. While you don't necessarily have to write advanced SQL/code, they do expect you to write smart efficient SQL/code.
    * Modeling interview presents a business case where you expected to design tables and write more SQL to retrieve data for use cases.
    * Ownership interview is done by a manager.

The technical interviews also double as behavioral interviews. They are looking for the same behaviors described in phone screening. And instead of typing skills, they want to see if you can code on the whiteboard quickly as well. This is important because you will be writing a lot of code during the interview session and may run out of time.

Interview Questions

• Reading about interview experiences on Glassdoor is good preparation so do it.   4 Answers

Data Science/Analyst Interview

Interview

This was the second round for the interview process in which there was a case analysis and a few SQL coding questions. The study guide they gave was useful but did not entirely reflect the difficulty of the questions.

Interview Questions

• Case: Which metrics you would use to measure success of a the Instagram shopping feature. How to improve instagram shopping feature. The rest were questions that built off this.

Coding: Dont quite remember but make sure you have a solid knowledge of joins, aggregation. Be able to find percentages and rates from a database.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2020.

Interview

In the phone interview, we do a brief introduction first and then go for two leetcode questions. The whole interview is about 45 minutes. The question is merge intervals
    valid palindrome II which come from the leetcode website.

Interview Questions

• leetcode questions:
      merge intervals
      valid palindrome II   1 Answer

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in February 2020.

Interview

Recruiter reached about a job opening, were quick to set up time to go over initial screening. Then a phone screen was done covered the background and a few scenario based questions and a technical design challenge (app of your choice). Recruiter was helpful in this preparation and provided a lot of resources. After a couple of days, they came back saying that they are interested in the onsite. This time a different recruiter engaged and provided the required information. They asked for a suitable day for the onsite. I gave a day after about a week and half. The recruiter never came back to me with the result, meaning they are not interested.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a feedback that you got from your manager.   1 Answer
    • Lets design the travel booking system for FB users   Answer Question
    • Describe the technical details of your current project/program   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were not in agreement with your team/manager etc and how did you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Enterprise Support Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Submitted my application with employee referral a couple days after. I received an email about 4 days after submitting my application with a technical recruiter saying she was impressed with my application and that she wanted to chat on the phone about the position. She gave more info about the role and proceeded to ask some technical questions. She stated that I passed and that I would be doing a video interview with someone who is in the role I'm applying for. It was scheduled for about 3 days after the initial phone screen. The interviewer asked some questions about my previous work experience and wanted to dive deeper about some technical knowledge by asking questions and having me explain my troubleshooting steps

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

hr screen, then tech screen with DS from product team, asked a product question and sql question in user_action table, hr is very responsive and detailed; the interviewer is patient to guide through the process and give feed back;

Interview Questions

• SQL question using count distinct   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Reached out to by recruiter, scheduled a call and the recruiter gave me the run down on the basics of the hiring process and benefits. Then was scheduled the following week for a interview with three different people and they were the nicest most bubbly people I have ever been interviewed by; they made it so easy I didn’t even feel the pressure of being interviewed, it was more like pleasant conversation. One week later there was a follow up call by the initial recruiter and then a second call the next day to extend the offer by a second recruiter. Short process and very sweet.

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Facebook had the best culture of any company I have ever interviewed with. They were super uplifting and all about aggressive growth and feedback. It felt like everyone was "on your side" the whole way through, even though I ultimately did not get offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What made you get into design?   1 Answer
    • How did you handle a situation where you did not agree with the product direction?   2 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2020.

Interview

I had 2 back to back phone screens and moved onto onsite. I would say FB recruiters are the least responsive recruiters I ever worked with.

My onsite experience is mostly positive except for my execution interview. First of all, they made me video call without even telling me it was going to be a video call until the interview started. I was planning to utilize the whiteboard, and I couldn't write anything to the interviewer because the conference room didn't have a write function.

Second of all, my interviewer was kinda pushy/aggressive/rude and would interrupt me before I can finish, and ask me questions that I already just mentioned prior. You can argue that I could have done better leading and connecting with this interviewer; my general sense was that he was just giving off this jerky vibe and didn't really give me a chance to fully form my thought. How did he ever pass interviewer training? Some of his questions was kinda condescending too? I suggest FB to better train their interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Someone here has shared the question I got already.   1 Answer