Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Interview Questions

Interviews at Facebook

6,140 Interview Reviews

3.1

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2016.

Interview

My friend referred me to the company and then I got emails from recruiters. The arranged the first phone interview. Then after 2 weeks, the 2nd phone interview. After that, within one week, I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite project.   1 Answer

2017 Summer Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied on campus career fair and received an email confirmation telling me I get the first round phone screen after 2+ weeks. I had one question for the 45 min screen interview. Within 24 hours after the interview, I got an email said I made to the final onsite interview at Seattle. Then I had another 45 min onsite interview there in November 2016 right before the thanksgiving. After two weeks, I got a declined email.

Interview Questions

• Phone Screen: (DP problem)
      Given a string and a list of alphabetic letters, find the minimum length of substring that contains all the characters given in O(n) time.

Onsite (Tree):
      Convert a BST to a circular linked list   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

One 45-min interview with a Facebook engineer about algorithms. Plus there was a tour and Q&A panel about the internship at Facebook. The whole onsite interview started at 11am and ended at 4pm,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

One campus interview then a onsite. The onsite had 3 interviews 30 mins each, all technical. There were no behavioral questions and the interviewers were pleasant. The process was through my university.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through employee referral. The process took 2 days. The HR was very nice and responsive. After one phone interview, I was invited to Menlo Park main campus for onsite interview. The interviews have three rounds, the final round of which is a 20 min behavioral questions and 20 min coding. All other interviews are purely technical.

Interview Questions

• check if the tree is a complete binary tree.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

On campus interview followed by an onsite interview. Great interviewers, very nice and helpful - answered all my questions about facebook's technology and the job's tasks. The interviews themselves weren't too hard, pretty standard DSA questions. The process was very quick as I had competing offers, but it was still pretty slow to set up the onsite interview after the on-campus round. I got delayed a week later than I wanted.

Interview Questions

• Standard DSA questions, personal interests, why Facebook   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First had a behavioral phone screen and then a technical phone screen. The process was very organized and efficient, and the recruiters were all very friendly and professional. The technical interview as 45 minutes and was not a particularly difficult question. However, the interviewer was not very good at making it a collaborative process or helping out if I was ever stuck.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of commits and a function to evaluate if a commit broke the build, find the first one that broke the build.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

They were always really nice and helpfull. We had a really good chat. The questions were not super hard. When the questions became harder they still stayed really nice and helpfull. It was a really nice chat !

Interview Questions

• Make a function that creates the previous permutation for a given number O(n) time   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2016.

Interview

After I applied for Software Engineer Internship, there were two phone interview. Both were coding interview, but the second round is more difficult. The interviewers were professional and they also told me about their work. It is a good way to imagine the interview was solving some problems with the interviewers, that could help you perform better.

Interview Questions

• Most coding problems are about algorithm   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screen followed by onsite. I need 30 words so I am going to keep writing. Everyone was very friendly. Super pleasant interview experience. I still need 30 words but hopefully I am close.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite project experience and why?   1 Answer