Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Facebook

5,355 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in June 2014.

Interview

One/two phone interviews and one onsite. Contacted by recruiter, setup the time for a phone screen. Fairly well managed setup. Interview called on time, and was very nice to work with.

Interview Questions

• Add two binary numbers (Input as a string)   15 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Internal Referral -> Phone Interview -> Onsite Loop -> Offer
    The process was quick, however I interviewed before the holidays and had to wait until afterwards to hear the results. Everyone is really friendly and helpful. HR always keeps you updated on the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Had a competing offer from another giant so I was able to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

Two interviews - one on my university campus, one on the nearest Facebook campus. Got back promptly after the second interview. The culture is amazingly open, any intern can look at any piece of code in the company - nothing is secret. Additionally a lot of trust is put in interns and employees.

Interview Questions

• Standard rotated binary search question. You have a sorted array that has been shifted/cycled, perform a search on it   5 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation, there seemed to be a formula for salary for interns.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

A phone interview, simply ask some question about resume and then ask coding question. They sent a link to you and use the link to coding. Just one question, the question is typed by them in the link.

Interview Questions

• Print a binary tree by vertical level order

2 4
      3 5

print :
      1 5
      4   14 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

I did not go beyond the first screening interview. Though I did not make it, but I thoroughly enjoyed the interview as the interviewer was interacting and helping me solve the problems and having discussion about the problem

Interview Questions

• How would u find out the number of cars passing through a busy bridge   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin. He set up a call with the relevant FB department.I was not looking actively for a job, so was little under prepared. The interviewer was nice and came across as a knowledgeable hands-on person. Provided a shared hackpad to do the white boarding process.

Interview Questions

• Was not expecting a simple heap search algorithm implementation.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in September 2014.

Interview

Got interview through recruiter.
    Had a phone screening soon after, and then was told that I was being considered for an initial technical phone interview.
    Question: Something about 2D arrays.

I felt like I was a bit slow, although I did finish the interview with about 20 minutes left over. (Was originally given 45 minutes)

Interview Questions

• Not really anything. The question was pretty easy, I think I just answered it badly.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions.
    The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is
    a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter reached out to me and set up a phone interview. The interviewer over the phone was slightly ambiguous and lead me in the wrong directions. However, I think the goal was to really analyze your thinking process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Straight out of cracking the coding interview.
      Reverse a doubly linked list   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Referred by a friend.The recruiter responds quickly. First the recruiter needs to know more about me and introduces the job. Then planned a phone screen for me. One coding question. Two days later I was informed I am invited for a full loop. The onsite includes four rounds. Two Coding, one system design and one Jedi. Great experience