Facebook Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7,169 of over 7.2K interviews

Employee Referral24%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England)

Interview

A recruiter reached out asking if I would be interested in interviewing. An initial screening call was simply to cover my background, what I was looking for and some skill sets. They asked some behavioural questions and basic technical questions. My answers seemed to go into more depth as she noted that she didnt need to cover the sql questions she normally asks. The next stage was an hour interview with an existing senior data scientist. He was friendly but we seemed to be speaking at cross purposes. His English was not perfect and his background seemed to be from software engineering so perhaps it was destined to be more difficult than it might have been. He pushed hard in a certain direction, then claimed I was going too deep. Finally, ten minutes later he came back and touched once again on the topic which confused me. Clearly he was not satisfied but he didnt reframe his question and when prompted to clarify just said "what do you think?". Had I gone too deep or had I not addressed the issue enough? Despite this, he was very friendly and was eager to answer and address any question or concern if only answering superficially. A boiler plate one line rejection email followed. No feedback is offered as a policy. However, arrogantly they solicit candidates to give them feedback. Yet more time demanded entirely for Facebooks benefit.

Interview Questions
  • We have this product, we have this goal, how would you go about figuring how we can adress this problem?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest City, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Forest City, NC)

Interview

Amazing process and people. I thought I was going to be very nervous in meeting with Facebook (I mean, come on), but they really go the extra mile to make the prospective intern feel welcome and relaxed. The two guys I met with were incredibly nice, dedicated to their jobs, and allowed me to showcase my strengths. Even though they canceled the entire program for the summer, it was a great experience and I will definitely be applying for an actual job eventually.

Interview Questions
  • Walk us through your resume, tell us about a time you have managed a project, what do you know about data centers (specifically FB), and tell us how you solve conflict.

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

Pretty simple: I was asked basic data structures questions, as well as a variation of two-sum. There were two technical stages, each on hour long, and no on site. There were also no personality interviews or interviews about resume.

Interview Questions
  • Three-sum: given a list of sorted numbers, find the three numbers that sum to the target number

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

Basic SQL and Data Structure questions asked by HR. She can only ask questions but not clarify on any details. Interview was about 10minutes. Only basic introductions and verified graduation date.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in United Kingdom

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (United Kingdom)

Interview

The interview process was very well structured. Each interviewer had a set of questions to ask which was every time different. The recruiter I was in touch with was very nice and efficient as she was keeping me updated with timely feedback and information on next steps in the process.

Interview Questions
  • What was an important milestone you achieved in your previous role to improve diversity and inclusion in your company?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom

Application

I interviewed at Facebook (United Kingdom)

Interview

Quite grilling but the interviewer was very patient and understanding. I was asked a data structure problem on trees. The interviewer also spent some time in talking about their role in facebook and explained what their team does

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom

Application

I interviewed at Facebook (United Kingdom)

Interview

The interviewer is friendly and nice. Called in on time, very professional. First of all the interviewer asked me to do a self-introduction, then went through the professional level, asking about the management of social media ,ppc

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY)

Interview

The phone technical interview had two rounds with a SQL and Programming sections. Each section had around four to five questions with easy to medium level difficulty. Once we solve the questions, last five to ten minutes would be a questionnaire round.

Interview Questions
  • SQL analytical queries. Python basic programming.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

had two rounds: was asked an algorithms/leetcode question (45 minutes). after passing the first round, the second round was the next day (interviewed at school). was able to provide a working solution for the first round question ( a little shaky on the follow-up "improvements" to the algorithm i got) but wasn't able to do too well on the second round question

Interview Questions
  • first round: Set Matrix Zeroes from leetcode second round: Max Consecutive Ones III from leetcode

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

First spoke with a recruiter then the hiring manager. Waited for a response but did not make it to the final round. Was not asked for any writing samples as is typical with marketing roles.

Interview Questions
  • Asked basic questions about why I would want the job and to provide some examples in my past work that relates to the open role.
Viewing 21 - 30 of 7,169 Interviews