Facebook Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

202 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Community Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews, four in-person interviews, followed by one more phone interview. Overall, they were extremely quick in getting back to me, which I appreciated. The recruiter was responsive and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Cannot discuss specifics due to NDA. Generally, several questions in the vein of, "Tell me about a time..." Know the product/company well and show enthusiasm for Facebook's mission.   Answer Question

Facebook Response

Mar 16, 2016 – Your Friends at Facebook

Thanks for sharing your experience. We're glad to hear it was quick and that you felt supported through the process. Welcome to Facebook!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Mountain View, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was great. Clear, helpful and organized. The phone interview with the hiring manager wasn't that great. She seemed distracted and not that interested in having a conversation and more interested in making her next meeting.

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview questions are not hard and easy to prepare. Easy interview very straight forward. Manager was friendly and to the point and asked very good questions. She was also nice enough to answer my questions very thoroughly. Both the interviewer and recruiter were very respectful. Took you around campus. Pretty nice place. The entire process took about an hour: 15 minutes discussing resume, 30 minutes for the question, and 15 minutes for any questions you may have for the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you helped someone troubleshoot a problem   Answer Question

Community Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in September 2015.

Interview

Two phone calls - one for background information and second with more specific questions for the position, so make sure you take a look at what they tell you to. The phone calls were about 30 minutes long each and the people are very friendly and informal.

Site Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook in August 2015.

Interview

The interview started with a phone screen. After that, I was scheduled with a recruiter. Two more interviews later, I was scheduled for an on-site interview. Once there, I went through a string of interviews after a short tour.

Overall, the experience was incredible. The recruiter took quite a bit of time to prep me for the process and was always available to answer any questions. They understood that I had to work the interviews around my current work schedule, and were accommodating to that end. Everyone really seemed to understand that nerves come into play during interviews, and they all did their best to alleviate any discomfort and stress.

The people asked some great questions and gave me ample time to ask my own questions. Every single person seemed to know how to do their job well and exuded a sense of confidence. With each interview, I felt like they wanted to know me as a professional and wanted to see how I would fit in with their team. At no point did I feel like any question was a pass/fail situation.

Facebook is, of course, a technology company. There were some technical questions, and some of them were rather intense. You knew the answers or how to reason them out, or you didn't. I missed a couple of questions, and I do not feel that those missed questions negatively impacted me. Most of the interviewers said that they would prefer for the interview to be in conversation format. In every case, that's exactly what happened.

I realized in the last couple of interviews that the position I interviewed for may not be the right fit for me. It seems Facebook agreed as they did not move forward after the on-site interview. They gave me a call after about a week and let me know what they liked and gave me the opportunity to ask any final questions.

I still want to work for Facebook. The energy and passion is obvious as you walk around the campus, and I want to be a part of that. I wanted to be a part of their team before the interviews, but the interview process really solidified my interest. I'll be watching for a position that may be a better fit and apply again. Hopefully soon!

Specialist, Community Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

From the time I received my first email after applying online to receiving a phone interview it took a total of three weeks. The first email i received also contained a link to a 30 minute timed writing sample which contained two questions. After I completed that I didn't get a response back until two weeks later when I sent another follow up email.

Community Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through the careers webpage and was contacted shortly thereafter to complete a timed writing sample. A few days later, I received and email from my recruiter and we scheduled a time to speak over the phone for a screen. After the phone call, he asked me to send over my availability for the coming week, and he explained that I would be advancing in the interview process and speaking with someone on the team. Long story short, I never heard from him again... the scheduling email and all other follow-up emails went unanswered.

The process was, overall, very unprofessional. I completely understand a recruiter's busy schedule, but this seemed to me to be a complete disregard for an applicant's time and energy.

Spam Operations Technician (Contract Position) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

They took about 2 months to setup and have a phone interview. The phone interview was easy. The interviewer was very friendly and encourage asking questions. I was notified that if I pass this stage, I would receive an email within 10 days. I received an email one week later to have an onsite interview at FB HQ. The onsite interview consisted of 2 interview sessions, each time with two people. The interview questions were behavioral focused.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you showed grit.
      What do you know about Spam?
      Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in January 2015.

Interview

Was referred by an employee and received an email inviting me to do a phone interview the following week. The recruiter who contacted me was very friendly and helpful, asked only a few questions and told me about the next step of the interview process. I'm still waiting to continue on with the process and will update later.

User Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

2 part interview process - 1 over the phone and 1 in-person interview onsite. The phone interview was first screened by Facebook's on recruiting agency. It was very thorough and lasted about 20 - 25 minutes where it primarily focused on your problem-solving skills and judgement calls. The in-person interview was a little casual and asked a lot of scenario-based questions and how well you knew Facebook's goals.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were able to find a solution when there wasn't any policy to guide you.   1 Answer