Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Facebook

6,140 Interview Reviews

3.1

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Initial screening and interview overview, then two phone calls with two PMs: on either product sense, execution, and/or leadership. If you move on from phone calls, you end up doing an onsite with three additional PMs who screen for the above mentioned three categories.

Interview Questions

• What are some products that you are currently excited about and why?   2 Answers

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

emailed my resume to a recruiter, contacted by another recruiter. Got a phone interview. I've been asked some of the questions that I was not expecting, like how to motivate yourself, have you ever went above and beyond your current job responsibility. There was also a question about your relationship with your current supervisor.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2014.

Interview

I turned in my résumé at a University hiring event and heard back within a week. A phone call was set up for the end of the week. It was meant to be a 45 min phone call but ran another 15 mins. I felt like they paired me with someone that was out of the scope of my prior experience. They are really looking for someone to hop onto on stack.

Interview Questions

• Choose the best structure and implement it to store a pre-fix line of code i.e. + - 3 3 4 5   3 Answers

Performance and Capacity Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

There was an initial phone call with the hiring manager to assess job fit, followed by a phone screen interview, and an all-day interview gauntlet on-site in Menlo Park. Despite things seeming like a good fit for my software and DBMS optimization skills during the phone discussions, it turned out that the group was interested in low-level hardware design issues (e.g., optimal cache-line sizing).

Interview Questions

• Describe the functional flow of a pipelined CPU   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Did three rounds of interviews.
    First round: design a system to detect homeworking copying, which means input two strings and a integer K, if there is a common substring of them have length larger than K, return true, else return false.
    Second round: nearly all behavior questions. In the last five minutes, asked me to code up a linked list reverse function
    Third round: build a dictionary trie and implement search function, mainly focusing on the OO designing pattern.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with the conflict with colleagues   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Facebook in November 2014.

Interview

got on-campus interview and I got a problem JUMP || in leetcode and I got onsite interview chance.
    I have four interview with software engineer. The most difficult thing is system design. they asked problem which can be solved by disjoint set problem.

they asked a dynamic programming stuff, array, binary tree.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult thing is system design. they asked problem which can be solved by disjoint set problem.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2014.

Interview

Was emailed promptly by a recruiter, who arranged everything. Had one phone interview. Interviewed for the grad-student-level position of "security engineer intern", which I assumed meant more along the lines of network and system security and less along the lines of web security, which is cool but not my area.

Interview Questions

• Explain TLS from start to finish, in as much detail as you are comfortable with. Explain everything that happens from the moment you type facebook.com into your browser to the moment you log in, in as much detail as you are comfortable with. The first one I bombed, the second one I'm pretty sure I nailed. Neither question was expected.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Two phone interviews. It is one week between two interviews. The HR has very high efficiency in arranging interviews. All are technical questions. They are very basic related to Tree and Integer. Make sure your code is bug free which I think is the point I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the average of each level of a tree.   4 Answers

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

First got one phone interview invitation from a recruiter and it went fairly well. I heard back from my recruiter the next day to set up onsite interview. The onsite one includes 4 interviews (it was 3 before) and two of them are completely technical.For the other two, a mix of behavior and technical questions. The coding problems are not very hard but make sure your code is clean and bug-free.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. They care about if you fit in the culture as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Contacted Facebook University recruiter with my CV and sent in a form specifying where I wanted to work/ what I wanted to do at Facebook. I was scheduled an interview for late in the evening due to the time difference with California. Initially asked a number of questions on my CV and the projects I had worked on. Then moved onto technical coding question using online coding tool. This was a hard recursive question which I was unable to complete.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to write a function that would return all the possible words generated when using a phone numpad to type.   1 Answer