Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017
2,984 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I was interviewed by a new graduate out of school who did not seem interested in interviewing me. There was no consideration given to my experience to match me with an appropriate role by the recruiter or the interviewer. Overall, not a good experience.

UX Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

The first was an initial phone screen with a recruiter, then they send you a list of questions to gauge your proficiency on list of design methods before setting up a video conference Call. 45 minute video conference call talking about prior research and expertise in methods.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter and then a phone technical interview two weeks later. The technical interview was of medium difficulty and the interviewer was nice. I quickly got the second most optimized answer but my interviewer wanted the most optimized answer which took a longer for me to come up with.

Technical Project/Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

There is a significant bias in the interview process and I recommend FB look into it. I failed interviews where I felt the interviewers had a predisposed mindset and were trying to validate that through their questions. Two interviews almost felt like a bullying sessions and the interviewers were boorish and openly skeptical of anything I said. I didn't graduate from the top universities or work at the top tier companies these interviewers were from but bring in significant experience that got me the interview. I was very bothering by the attitude of the interviewers and I really didn't want to work with that team.

Interview Questions

• nothing out of the ordinary but they cut you off a lot. So be prepared.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Phone screen, initial coding test (remote or onsite), full day gauntlet (onsite). Went well at the beginning, with friendly and engaged interviewers, until the last interviewer of my onsite day was unavailable and got replaced by someone who obviously didn't care. Otherwise, surprisingly not as culty as expected.

Interview Questions

• Write a C function to merge two sorted linked lists   1 Answer

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. The technical interviews were setup a month later consisting of SQL and Python coding questions over the phone using Coderpad. The questions asked were as expected from the other reviews here, although I did not do so well because I wasn't used to Coderpad. For the SQL portion they really want you to figure out how to write it in one query instead of using subqueries or joins.

Interview Questions

• What are the states with a total of x amount of square feet?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted my a recruiter on Linkedin in March. The recruiter stopped responding and after I received another offerin May, the recruiter was interested again.
    The reason contact discontinued was because they were looking for senior level engineers. (Not a good reason for such a large company).
    Phone interview was set for 2 weeks after initial contact in May. Feedback after the interview was to have another phone screen because I was given too many hints, I got maybe 2 hints that were not helpful and misleading.

I decided to go with my other offer and did not bother to continue with the process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through referral. Took a week to schedule the phone screen. The interviewer asked about my projects for first 5-6 minutes. Then, I was given two problems to solve in 40 minutes. I didn't do very well to solve them. Got notification of rejection after 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Print all permutations of a given string.   Answer Question
    • Given a 2D array of characters ('-' , 'X' , 'R' , 'T'), find out whether there is a path from the robot 'R' to the target 'T'. The robot can move up, down, left or right. Cells marked with 'X' are blocked and cannot be passed through.   Answer Question

Data Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me for initial phone screen. Then set up a 1 hr phone screen with Data Engineer that covered SQL and Python. Got all of the questions correct, but needed help on the final Pythin question. Recruiter reached out to me again, and I had to do a second coding screen, similar to the first. This time it was strictly on Python. I got all correct, but I stumbled on the final python problem. Recruiter reached back out to me a couple days later with feedback, some positve and some mediocre. I needed more experience and a better though process basically. So I did not move to the onsite interview. I enjoyed interviewing though, the interviewers were nice.

Interview Questions

• Python
      -Count distinct words in a sentence
      -Count the number of times a word appear in a sentence using a Hash Map
      -Return tuples of a list, matching each item to another item
      -Count the number of times a substring appear in a string

SQL
      -Return min and max age of male/female who bought a product
      -Count the number of stores in a state with grand total ? 25000 sq feet
      2 Answers

Data Engineer(New Grad) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook in May 2017.

Interview

Round 1 - 30 min call with recruiter to gauge the fundamental understanding of concepts in SQL + Python
    Round 2 - Phone Screen on Coderpad - Coding questions on SQL + Python
    Onsite Interviews - 3 full stack interviews + 1 lunch Interview
    The full stack interviews will involve - Identifying metrics,Data Modelling,Data Visualization,SQL query writing and Python coding

Interview Questions

• Given a Problem statement,had to figure out the KPI's immediately.   2 Answers