Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,140 Interview Reviews

3.1

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Had the technical phone screen. The questions are trivial, but under time pressure and interview stress, they can become challenging, beware. The interviewer was really nice, but had an accent and did a bad job at explaining the problems beyond what was on the screen, which added to the confusion. Overall a neutral experience. Like many others have noted, the questions themselves are NOT difficult, but under the circumstances, they could get confusing.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Interview

Phone screening, then a phone call, then an onsite interview. Went relatively quickly but the recruiter I was working with went on vacation and I felt like I got lost in the process and after reaching out several times was connected to someone else who then told me that I did not get the offer.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty standard process. Recruiter could have explained expectations better. Most interviewers were on time so no complains there. The company seems to have a certain preference for out-of-state candidates.

Interview Questions

• Failure and what you learned from it   2 Answers

Computer Forensics Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and the initial conversation I had with them was great. They expressed a lot of confidence in my resume and told me that my experience matched exactly what they were looking for. They even said the hiring manager had already seen my resume and was interested. Naturally, this made me very confident moving into the next round.

The second interview rolls around and it was probably one of the worst I’ve ever had at any company. It was a video interview with a team member, not even the hiring manager. In my opinion, a team member should not be making the call on whether or not I move forward.

They answered the call several minutes late in what looked like a dark room and looked totally unimpressed from the get go, like they wanted to be anywhere else. This is not exactly confidence inspiring. Hardly greeted me, did not give me an outline of what to expect from the interview. Jumped right into questions that were what I like to call “trivia” focused. For example: “what event corresponds to this Windows event number?” Like hell I would know that off of the top of my head! Questions are supposed to be focused on behavioral and essential knowledge pertaining to the position, not something so minute that I’d most likely be using a reference for on the job. Might as well quizzed me on port numbers while they were at it.

The recruiter told me beforehand that the interview would be focused on my comfortability with sensitive situations and my forensic analysis experience, which would have been extremely relevant to the position. This was hardly touched on at all. I feel like I got to convey maybe 5% of who I am professionally and personally. It seems like they set up an outline for the interview and the interviewer took it and did what they wanted. Also, they never typed or took any notes and seemed to be reading questions off of a screen. This was not an engaging conversation, like most interviews I’ve had. It was a quiz. And I felt like they made the decision not to move forward before I even got off the call.

Overall, not impressed with Facebook. Put more oversight and training into who you’re having interview your candidates, and maybe don’t base a hiring decision on a rushed 30 minute conversation with someone who isn’t even a hiring manager.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Completely ghosted (it's been 2+ weeks) by my recruiter after phone screen. I'm assuming I did not pass but it's unprofessional. Expectations for the interview are quite high why so while I was able to solve both problems and explained my thinking throughout the coding process, I don't doubt that I may have messed up somewhere.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook in June 2020.

Interview

Multiple FB recruiters reached out to me in last 6 months to discuss open product roles. I finally decided to interview. Two rounds HR Phone screen followed by 2 more rounds Product Sense and Execution (45 minutes each). No feedback or decision on next steps after these rounds even after reaching out to recruiter a few times. Please be respectful of the interviewer's and candidate's time and follow up to close the loop.

Interview Questions

• Typical HR - Background overview
      Product Sense - Hypothetical case study to build a travel product for facebook community
      Execution - Troubleshoot decline in story feature usage   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in June 2020.

Interview

Be prepared the interviewer may start to eat his lunch when you are talking or answering questions. Highly doubted if it was a part of the interview. If you ask me to evaluate it, I would give a negative experience. I think he did not prepare anything for my interview. He probably did not read my resume at all.
    When I started to introduce myself, he interrupted me at the second sentence, so I did not even finish my introduction.
    When I was answering his questions about a FB product, he started to eat food in front of the camera... In the last part, after I asked him two questions, he did not give me any useful information, which made me feel that it bothered him very much to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

• How to evaluate the impact for teenagers parents join Facebook   2 Answers

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook in June 2020.

Interview

I wish there were more to describe, but this is mostly just airing a grievance with Facebook's recruiters. I had a recruiter reach out to me about a month ago for a Data Engineering job. I'm not a data engineer, so no problem, but I had a friend who's at Facebook drop my resume in for a position better suited to my background. I received a rejection email on that position. No big deal. Happens all the time. Last week, another recruiter from Facebook hit me up for a data science job. I said "Hey wait, my friend put me in for a similar position a couple of weeks ago. I think it'd be pretty unfair if he didn't have an opportunity to receive a referral bonus." She reached out directly to my friend and asked him to submit my resume again for this Data Science position and then scheduled a call with me for today. A couple hours before our scheduled call, I received a rejection email akin to the one from a month ago. I replied to the recruiter who sent the rejection and said "Hey wait, I have a call scheduled for this afternoon. What's going on?" and she replied that there was a matter of a duplicate record. Then the original recruiter who had reached out to me totally ditched the call that we'd scheduled. I can handle the rejection. Again, happens all the time. They have something they're looking for and I'm not it. OK, no problem. But the absolute, total, incredible lack of professionalism from Facebook Recruiting is just embarrassing. I will _never_ respond to another Facebook recruiter. On the off chance I actually _want_ a job at Facebook, I'll work through my contacts and avoid their recruitment people at all costs.

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

The process was extremely well-managed, and the recruiters were very prompt and helpful. They do a great job of preparing you for each step of the process.

The first round is a telephone screening which was around 10-15 mins long. I was asked a very open-ended question about how I would broadly analyze the drop of key performance metrics and 5 simple questions on SQL.

The next round, which was the technical screening, took place around 3 weeks later. A similar broad and open-ended product question was posed, and I could not help but feel that the only thing that was being evaluated was my ability to think in a structured manner. This was followed by a couple of relatively simple queries where I was asked to write a code to get a frequency distribution and a simple case-when application.

The onsite round took place online. The first 2 rounds were very similar to the first round in the technical screening in terms of the open-ended nature of the questions, and the evaluation criteria still seemed to be more of how you walked the interviewer through your thoughts without getting overwhelmed or sidetracked. The technical round was SQL again (though there was no restriction on the language I wanted to use), and the problems where definitely slightly more challenging. You need to be quick on your feet with SQL, I was asked what sounded like a very simple question which actually involved a cross join and some creativity on the spot. The last round was a quant round that revolved around Bayes' theorem, Power of tests, Type 1 error/type-2 error, and imbalanced classification. Intuitive explanations of the math were just as important as being able to solve the problems.

All the interviewers were extremely pleasant and conversations. Nobody seemed like they were 'out to get you', but were there trying to actually assess whether you could think coherently and whether they would be willing to work with you. It would have been a great experience even if I had not received an offer, but they were kind enough to extend one to me within 3 days of the onsite round.

Interview Questions

• 1) Provided a table with user_id and dates they visited platform, find the top 100 users with the longest continuous streak of visiting the platform as of yesterday.

2) Provided a table with page_id, event timestamp and a flag for a state (which is on/off), find the number of pages that are currently on.   9 Answers

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

technical screening is 1hour SQL+Python.They are pretty basic but due to time crunch. I could solve 4 questions in sql, 5th question partially and 3 questions in python 4th one partially.
    I've onsite scheduled ,looking for kind of questions that we can expect in data modeling,product sense and python coding in onsite. Please suggest.

Interview Questions

• basic questions in python using loops   4 Answers