Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Facebook

6,140 Interview Reviews

3.1

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

It was intense, but interesting. The interviewers were really helpful and were guiding the conversation. There were 3 interviews: sense, design and leadership. Had to re-do one of the interviews, which is great that they provide this opportunity. Other companies are not as helpful.

Interview Questions

• You are the PM for news feed. How would you improve it?   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in June 2020.

Interview

Applied during the COVID-19 pandemic. Was given a month to prepare for the technical interview process. The first stage was a technical screen. I was given two leetcode easy questions. The second was a virtual onsite that went a bit more in depth including more algorithms and personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Complete a tree type problem.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

Phone interview then remote online interview which is similar to onsite interview , the interview includes 5 rounds each is a 45 minutes, three rounds that focuses on coding , one on career and one on design.

Interview Questions

• Arrays, Trees question , most of the questions are in leet code   2 Answers

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in June 2020.

Interview

Phone screen. Behavioral interview to determine leveling.
    Onsite interview is 2 coding interviews, 2 system design, 1 behavioral/coding.
    Must be able to solve 2 hard/medium leetcode problems in 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• Connected components type question about surrounded regions. Rain drop in an array type question.   1 Answer

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in June 2020.

Interview

three rounds of interview, first with hiring manager, second with senior leader, third with a peer. All went well. Received a cold rejection email with no phone call or proper feedback

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in June 2020.

Interview

Got an interview offer, and scheduled a phone interview. Asked to pitch yourself along with some technical questions about linux and trouble shooting problems. Also some networking and operating systems questions too.

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

Interview

I got offered for an interview online, and I accepted the offer. After that I continued chatting with the recruiter through email, and we scheduled a phone call, which has tells me to pitch for myself along with some technical questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the most popular Linux file system?   1 Answer
    • What is Virtual Memory? And explain about it.   Answer Question
    • In a Facebook office, if a colleague brought to you a laptop that cannot connect to the local WiFi, how will you troubleshoot the issue?   Answer Question

Director of Hardware Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Jose, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

About 8 interviews - with Engineering, Product Management, HR/Recruiting with folks at various levels (including cross-functional teams).

Recruiters are pretty good about telling you exactly what each interviewer's focus is going to be.

Interview Questions

• Q. Walk me through a product you drove, decisions you made, and what you would do differently ?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in June 2020.

Interview

They provide everything you need to know for the interview. They want you to succeed. Although I got no offer, I am still happy I tried, because I learned a lot while I was getting ready.

Discover Production Engineering Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in June 2020.

Interview

There was an initial Hacker Rank qualification, and then a round of interviews with three parts: a linux systems/code interview, a system design interview, and a behavioral interview. These were all conducted online via bluejeans, hackerrank, coderpad, and google draw.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when your perceptions were challenged, and how you adjusted.   1 Answer