Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017
3,197 Interview Reviews

3.2

Solutions Engineer Interview

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me, he pushed me to accept the process instead of helping me find another role I was more suited for. The job description stated 2 years + but I was an entry level candidate. Finished the coding test as required (linear time complexity for problem) and it passed all the test cases. I was rejected the next day with concerns to my "lack of experience" which I pointed out explicitly in the recruiter phone call.

Interview Questions

• Linear time solution for problem   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Did 3 video conference interviews and on to the next phase of meeting admin and directors of the hiring dept. I still haven't received in offer since I am still moving on to the 2nd phase.

Enterprise Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook in August 2017.

Interview

I was approached by the recruiter from that department through LinkedIn. Had the phone screening and I think the recruiter was okay. The problem was when I took the phone interview. The guy told me to write the pseudocode at first because he said we didn't have enough time to finish everything, so I wrote the whole pseudocode and explain it to him. However, he suddenly told me to write the whole code at the very end and I didn't manage to finish to write the whole thing and got rejected. I felt being like he's playing around with me. Very disappointing experience from a company such as Facebook.

Interview Questions

• Given Integer, translate it into English words, i.e. 432,000 -> four hundred thirty two thousands. Another question is very straightforward: Given an array and an integer z, rotate the array starting from index z to the front, i.e. ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e', 'f', 'g'] z=3 => ['e', 'f', 'g', 'a', 'b', 'c', 'd']   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I was referred by alumni, and got a standard phone screen one week later. The technical questions were about basic algorithm and data structure. It took 2 weeks until I got second round interviewing. Still in the process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain Home, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Mountain Home, AR) in August 2017.

Interview

Got referred by a friend. Contacted a few days later for phone interview. It was pretty good! Interviewer and recruiter were both helpful and super nice. Now I'm heading for an on-site interview!

Interview Questions

• given a matrix, print out the diagonals   1 Answer

Diversity Insights Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Hiring process appeared to be pretty standard with a recruiter phone screen, hiring manager screen, and onsite interviews with take home SQL test. The overall process was fairly straightforward but recruiter never followed up with candidacy update unless they were moving forward. This led to a less than desirable experience from the candidate's perspective and signaled the company didn't care as much about the candidate experience/engagement. Also didn't get enough time to ask questions of other interviewers due to them being late in the onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you received significant pushback from a stakeholder or partner you were working with.   Answer Question

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

After initial phone interview i passed phone coding interview (got 2 simple coding problems). Than in 2 weeks proceed with on site interview. It lasted more than 5 hours with 45 min break for lunch. Started with 2 coding sessions on whiteboard than design and architectural interviews, behavior interview with coding question and closing coding interview all with different people without any gaps between.

Interview Questions

• Graph, Array tasks for coding part   1 Answer

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

Interview

Applied through Referral. A recruiter followed after 2 weeks for a phone interview. The question asked, was from the hard section on Leetcode. Just be prepared for any DP, Graph theory question. Facebook was pretty quick to respond as I received my reject the same day.

Business Integrity Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and he told me that they have a couple of business integrity associate positions available at the Austin campus and asked me if I could make it to the 30 min phone interview.I didn't believe it at first, thought the email was a scam .

He was really nice and sincere, and directed me to the recruiter that is going to be interviewing me. The interviewer was nice at first, introduced himself and told me that we will have the first interview in about two weeks. I acknowledged and start preparing and I even got in touch with a recruiter to ask him the areas that I need to focus on. He gave me a good suggestion.

Fast forward to the day prior to the interview , I went to the career site and it looked like most of the positions were gone and they had a position that focuses on ads and that requires an experience. I was disappointed as they have given the positions that I was interested in are gone and I didn't even get a chance to interview. Anyways, I regrouped and rearranged my schedule to make it to the phone interview.

The recruiter called me and he was more short with his conversations and I didn't feel that good experience that everybody talks about, Facebook. I answered all of the questions that encompasses my past experience and he asked me one last question that focuses on ads. I tried to answer the question logically, even if I had no experience. After that, he was more of rushing me and didn't even ask me if I had any question. That was odd to me, I have never had an interview experience where I was not given a chance to ask questions. I felt like he was thinking, well he didn't answer the last question, there is no use for this guy.

That was the worst interview experience that I have ever had, being rushed and not being given a chance to ask a question made me think that, even if I take this position, I don't want to be treated like I have no opinion and I was not going to take the position even if it went forward. My motto is,
    " The way the interviewer treats you, would definitely tell you how the company would treat you."

I didn't get the position because they want an experienced individual. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• How would you add the number of illegal ads on Facebook? And how would you communicate that to your team?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I interviewed at Facebook in August 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me over linkedIn. She got back to me quickly and scheduled a technical phone interview. The interview lasted 45 minutes and I was asked 2 programming questions. The interviewer was rather quiet and slightly awkward. She had an accent that was a little difficult to understand, but she was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Find the length of the longest increasing subset in an array of integers. i.e. if given [4, 5, 1, 2, 4], return 3 ([1, 2, 4] is longest increasing subset)   Answer Question
    • Find the length of the longest increasing subsequence in an array of integers. i.e. if given [0, 4, 5, 1, 2, 4] return 4 ([0, 1, 2, 4] is longest increasing subsequence)   Answer Question