Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Facebook

6,140 Interview Reviews

3.1

User Experience Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

The initial call with the recruiter was great, they explained the interview process to me in detail, let me ask questions, and detailed for me the particular research team I'd be on. The second interview was with a researcher, in my case a UX manager. That conversation was also very nice, some questions about my general research experience, methods that I use, and work that I like to do. Most of the interview was running through a scenario. Waiting to hear back about whether I made it to the final stage.

Interview Questions

• Pick an app, lets say you work for that company, a bunch of users signed up for the app and then quickly left. How would you study it to determine why they left and how to get them back? What methods or processes would you use, who would you try to talk to, and in the end what do you think your insights might be that you'd present to relevant stakeholders. Also, lets say the stakeholders find your insights interesting, but have issues with the sample size/makeup, what would you say?   3 Answers

Data Engineer Interview

Interview

This is the first round of interview I'm writing about. The result is yet to come, so I'll update my progress later. I was contacted in the past regarding the interview and my old recruiter connected me to this new recruiter. She was pretty friendly and walked me through the life at FB and patterns. She scheduled for a phone interview. Based on my recruiter answering 3-4 questions of SQL (Postgre not MySQL) and Programming problems each in a total of 50 minutes should put you ina good spot , though you're asked to prepare for 5 each in 50 minutes.
    I'd recommend medium level SQL (questions on Leet Code and Easy - Medium Programming questions. I chose Java.

Interview Questions

• SQL - I was given 4 tables Sales, Product, Promotion and something else (Never had to use it).
      1. Which product had the highest sales with promotions and sales ( basically a where clause on 2 flags)
      2. What % of sales happened on the first and last day of promotion.
      I don't remember the rest.. I'd say your ability to translate regular english statements into SQL is tested very well   3 Answers
    • Find the mismatching words between 2 strings- Java   3 Answers

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Very straightforward and simple. The interviewer asked basic technical and background questions. It seems though they are more focused on technicals more than anything else, so prepare well in advance for that.

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Facebook in May 2020.

Interview

Interview process:
    - Initial phone call with recruiter
    - Portfolio presentation and app critique (you can pick the app)
    - Final onsite

Structure of onsite:
    - Presentation
    - Background
    - Whiteboard challenge
    - App critique
    __

Process was fairly smooth and interviewers were down to earth and transparent. I was approached by a recruiter and scheduled an interview for round two nearly a month later. I wanted some time to create my portfolio presentation and prep for the critique.

For the past work presentation, be prepared to talk about the data that signaled you to work on your project. Also share success metrics. Make sure to spend time on your visuals because they seem to care about this the most. I received feedback from the recruiter after round two to restructure my entire deck to show more UI. I would suggest sharing your deck with your recruiter ahead of time so that they can give you feedback.

For the app critique, I was able to pick the app. Be prepared to talk about the problem the app is trying to solve and how the app makes its money. Think about what's next for that app in a year, 5yrs, 10yrs, etc.

If you pass the second round, you will have another chat with the recruiter who will give you feedback on what went well and didn't go well. Don't feel pressured to schedule the onsite right away.

The onsite was virtual. The portfolio presentation is 30 mins long and none of your interviewers will speak during this session. Don't be alarmed and make sure you practice presenting within this time frame. In the background interview, they will ask you follow-up questions on your presentation in addition to what you're looking for in your next role. For the whiteboard challenge, you are able to choose the tools you want to use. I suggest practicing with that tool ahead of time. Finally, you are asked to critique another app. Once again you're able to choose the app you'd like to critique.

After 3 days, I received an email from my recruiter letting me know that they will not be moving froward and that they are not able to provide me any feedback or reasoning as to why.

Interview Questions

• How would you make an app that helps you decide which gift to buy?   5 Answers

S/W Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

11 interviews over 7 months. Ridiculous. Why is it so hard to make a decision and move the process forward? They have an arrogance about them that they can treat people however they want

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal what would you be and why?   1 Answer

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview expectations are high and the error margin is really low. Expected, given the appeal of Facebook. One interviewer actually took an extra 15 minutes to answer my questions, which was really unexpected and a great opportunity to learn more about the function and company. Overall, a great experience.

I am marking this as negative experience solely due to the recruiter. Unresponsive leading up to the interviews and I had to reach out to get an update, which was given within the hour of requesting it. Got a standard email with some options to follow up, but never heard back when I actually did. Was expecting better from FB Recruiting.

Interview Questions

• Travel as a product strategy   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me. I had previously interviewed a couple of years ago and in their database. I wasnt a fan of the candidate experience back then and the form rejection (fake) letters with no feedback after multiple rounds (my friends received the same ones from the same recruiter). This recruiter was good and patient. Great listener. After multiple talks and rounds deciding which team, i made it to a final interview and the recruiter in charge got moved around. Long story short I was ghosted and figured I was out. Facebook is trying to change their image and they admitted this. Also stressed candidate experience and surveys. I find any company not even sharing basic interview feedback is a waste of time. I get a business decision was made, but after multiple rounds and lots of my time i couldnt even get a call or email, yet alone feedback. Pathetic candidate experience. Other SF based companies usually call, update and go over the decision. Facebook you're just a number and no reason is given. That's cool. Just stop trying to act like your candidate experience is great. I have talked to executives that went through their executive recruitment process and having lunch with interns on interviews? Another out of touch Data mining operation and censorship loving platform. Goodbye facebook.

Interview Questions

• How to handle competiting priorities   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

brief and hard to read. You try to give the best answer but knowing that you're being reviewed to see if you are a good fit for a team is hard.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember but they were asking about skills   2 Answers

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

The interview was 45 mins. I was given 2 leetcode questions. We used coderpads + bluebeans. I finished 2 questions, but did not give optimal solutions. The interviewer was absent-minded.

Interview Questions

• Q1:
      // Write a function that returns whether a list of strings is sorted given a specific alphabet.
      // A list of N words and an ordering over the K-sized alphabet are given.

// I:

// O: False   1 Answer
    • Q2:
      find duplicates in two sorted lists.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in May 2020.

Interview

As a comparison to other companies that I've interviewed at, the recruiting process at Facebook was embarrassingly bad.
    The recruiter that I got assigned was doing the bare minimum. The interview schedule didn't get finalized until 2 days before my virtual onsite, and it took over a week from the time that they told me that they were working on a schedule. During this process I didn't hear from my recruiter at all, and I had to email the person that's responsible for scheduling to ask for progress.
    On the day of my interview, one of the interviewers was just unprofessional, impolite, and unresponsive. I felt like I had to drive the interview and constantly ask whether I was going in the right direction, otherwise it was just awkward silence. At one point in time I was trying to clarify with the interviewer about the hint that was given, he scoffed.
    After the interview I didn't hear from the recruiter and they obviously didn't care how my interview day experience was.
    Then I got a rejection email, which I'm sure comes from a template, telling me to wait another year before reapplying. All I can say at this point is "No thanks, the rejection is mutual"