Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,140 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in May 2020.

Interview

100% remote. Three interviews total: a phone screen, a 45-minute technical coding interview, and then a long final virtual “on site.” The on site consisted of 2 45-minute technical coding interviews, 1 system design interview, and 1 behavioral interview, which also ended in a short coding challenge. The recruiters and interview coordinators at Facebook are fantastic. They’re always available to answer questions or help you get set up for your remote interviews. They’re enthusiastic, and seem to genuinely want you to succeed. The actual interviews themselves were also quite fun, if that’s possible. It felt like a team I wanted to be a part of.

Interview Questions

• Implement an iterator to traverse a Binary search tree in order. Your solution should have two methods, hasNext() and next().   3 Answers

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in May 2020.

Interview

Taking an honest examination of my interview for the senior data scientist position at Facebook, I can strongly confirm the blatantly racial discrimination and bias. Facebook gives off this false illusion of wanting to be for everyone, and it’s not true in actuality. Not just Facebook, but all top tech companies discriminate systemically. I truly believe as a person of color, if you are not asian person of color, it is almost a waste of time interviewing at tech companies, especially Facebook. When you speak to the people that work at Facebook, they give off this special privilege mentality that make’s no sense. I interviewed with the hiring manager, and his disposition towards me was so bad that I wanted to just hang up. White-melanin people, who are actually the real minorities in the world because over 6.1 billion of the 7.7 billion world population is of darker melanin (black, dark brown, brown, light brown). To most people of white-melanin, it is very difficult for them to give us darker melanin people the benefit of the doubt. When interviewing, like at Facebook, it bothers people of white-melanin to see that we are educated and have experience or desires in lucrative fields. Fields being engineering, physics, science, and others. So when we appear on video chat, especially if our names aren’t vividly interpreted as being a person of darker melanin, they are very disappointed. You can see it because an interview on our end, on my end with Facebook I thought went well enough to do the job. Well enough is good enough, and that is where the benefit of the doubt comes in. There’s a learning component, and a continuation of learning on ALL jobs. An Facebook clearly tells you once you are hired for a Senior Data Scientist position, you are in a 90 day bootcamp learning how to do it Facebook way. So if you are willing to teach me what I will be doing, what I am expected to be doing, then what exactly are you looking for in the interview. I truly believe they are looking for white-melanin individuals 99.9% of the time. If Facebook is claiming to address the hiring of darker-melanin candidates, an if you are going to teach them what to do, and the candidate has a advanced degree like myself; Then most candidates you interview will have similar backgrounds, why wouldn’t you hire the under represented population? It’s no difference in hiring the white-melanin person because of their skin tone, because that’s why most of them are hired. The funny thing about this is that medical doctors have to learn things everyday, yet Facebook is willing to teach you how to do it, probably pay for continuing learning classes, you have an advanced degree, yet you don’t qualify to work at Facebook. This is exactly why I do not use any of these social media platforms, most of them are very prejudice within.

Interview Questions

• Question about addressing experimentation as it relates to one of Facebook Products.   1 Answer

Application Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

30 minute phone screening call, where you will be asked about your current experience, interest in the position + 3 technical questions. They looking for someone with strong coding skills, because job will require a lot of code reviews. If you pass screening call, next part is coding challenge, third interview onsite where you will be given 50 lines of code and will have to find security vulnerabilities

Interview Questions

• 1. Reflected XSS, DOM based XSS
      2. How do you prevent CSRF
      3. Question about tools that you developed   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in May 2020.

Interview

I passed the first round and scheduled the final round interview with the recruiter. She said we are very busy and gave me an interview date which is more than 1 month later from my first round. I asked her about the next steps and got very delayed responses. We scheduled a phone call to learn more about the next steps and she didn't show up. 10 days later, I got an email saying "Due to meeting our business needs, we are not considering anymore E4 SWE candidates at this time". They terminated my interview process because of business needs and didn't communicate with me properly to see if I am a good fit for other roles. Very negative recuiter experience.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in May 2020.

Interview

Was contacted via email by recruiter and we set up a time for a call (30mins). Following that call, I got scheduled to interview with three other AAs for 30 minutes each. The interviews were to take place 1pm - 2:30pm. At 1pm I anxiously joined the Bluejeans video call and waited for 5 minutes for the other person to join but nothing. I logged in to my career profile to double check on the start time and it was now changed to 1:30pm and one interviewer was switched. This threw me off because even the second interviewer wasn't aware of the change and he had to ask the 3rd person to give us a few more minutes to finish.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with conflicting priorities.   1 Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in May 2020.

Interview

Extremely hard. Had to talk about previous experience for an internship? No experience, that is why I need an internship. To get experience. I am looking for more experience at another company like Semiconductors instead since they don't need experience and pay the same.

Interview Questions

• Where is all of your previous experience? Why haven't you worked at FB before you applied for FB? Get experience and come back to get experience before applying for experience.   1 Answer

Security Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

Very disrespectful recruiting process. I was contacted by the multiple "leadership recruiters"for different security director/manager roles for the last 10 months. Each time the recruiter either does not follow-up or just flat out does not even show up for the call that he/she scheduled. Seems to be a very arrogant recruiting organization from outside looking in. The process does not inspire one wanting to "drink the Kool-Aid" or work for the organization.

Operations Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

Very straightforward. 3 interview rounds during Covid situation (May 2020): HR, Hiring Manager, and 4 people from the company. First was a phone call and the others were video. It was a 30-minute interview each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about challenges that you had in your career.
      Tell me about a failure.
      Tell me about a time that you had a disagreement with you boss.   Answer Question

Manager - Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

Phone screen followed by 6 onsite interviews on management, leadership, career, coding and system architecture, 45 minutes each. Relatively easy and fairly flat. Some interviewers were more specific, some fairly vague.

Interview Questions

• Management and career-related questions are fairly standard. Coding question was a dynamic programming problem. System architecture: design and scale a search engine.   1 Answer

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

applied through employee referral and got the call from the recruiter the following week. I took a couple of weeks to prepare for the phone screen and passed it. Still in preparation for the on site interview.

Interview Questions

• phone screen for
      SQL: