Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,140 Interview Reviews

3.1

Discover Production Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in May 2020.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter after applying. Interview process was completed within four weeks and completely virtua due to COVID-19. The interview consisted of a hackerank skills challenge then a 1:1 with engineers and engineering manager.

Interview Questions

• Given a board return the orientation of the battleship . Then return, all the coordinates with a battleship given size of ship. Follow up: write a function to randomly place a battleship of size n on board.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview. Set up some time with the Recruiter (R4R), and never heard back from them. Emailed them twice after our scheduled time as well as a few days later, and then received an automated "We're sorry, you have not been selected for..." 3 weeks later. Really bottom tier candidate experience for such a highly sought-after tech company.

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me, and we had a brief screening. She then scheduled a video interview with one other product specialist. The interview consisted of behavioral questions and 1 case study question. Overall it was a smooth interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a problem at work   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews and unfortunately didn't pass the second one. The first round was multiple-choice questions. They mainly focused on Linux commands and system. They were not too hard. The second round was coding interviews with one of their software engineers. There were two questions and the first one was easy and the second one was difficult.

Interview Questions

• Linux commands and knowledge about Linux system.   1 Answer

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Interview

Virtual Final interview with 6 interviewers. The design interview covered arch in one and ml design in the other. The two coding interviews asked me about a developing a trie.

Interview Questions

• Two coding interviews and two design interviews and two more behavioral interviews.   1 Answer

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Online assessment, phone interview followed by onsite interviews. Online assessment asked system related questions such as questions about the linux terminal and operating system concepts. Phone interview was a coding challenge containing two questions.

Interview Questions

• Design and implement Minesweeper   3 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone screen followed by 4 interviews in one day (remote due to pandemic). Questions seemed generally reasonable, albeit coding questions are really contrived and don't feel like they would filter experienced from inexperienced engineers. For the behavioral interview, it was hard to read the interviewer and what they were looking for, especially considering the whole thing was remote over video.

Up until this point, I would rate the interview average... but then: 5 days after the interviews, I got an email that said that I "did exceptionally well" in my interviews, and that they would follow up with final decision soon. Then the next day, I was told that they won't be making an offer. I was given a very vague reason that the hiring committee (which is not the interviewers) read between the lines of my interview and decided that I don't communicate well in conflict.

Interview Questions

• Tech: Binary tree, strings, bfs, translation service
      Non-tech: behavioral   1 Answer

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in April 2020.

Interview

Round 1: 30 min with recruiter
    Round 2: 45 min presentation and 45 min app critique
    Round 3: 30 min presentation, 45 min deep dive interview, 45 min app critique, 45 min whiteboard session / problem solving
    -----

Was told that I "passed" the interview portion and was waiting to be matched with teams. After a couple weeks was told there is not a good match currently, but that they can see me as an employee at fb, so my application is on hold for a year to see if anything will come up.

So you can do all the things right and still get baited and switched... that or I suspect they're just stockpiling candidates for backfill because of the market saturation.

Interview Questions

• Critique google maps
      "what do you think they can do better?"   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

Ver solid interview process from beginning to end. The recruiter was very knowledgeable Of the role and responsibilities of what I was interviewing for and so were the people I spoke with in subsequent calls. They definitely have a high standard. I'm currently waiting for the final round of interviews which will consist of six different back to back calls.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle under performing individuals.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Had a referral. Started with a phone call with 1 easy, 2 medium LC problems. Heard back 2 days later for virtual onsite. 2 rounds technical, 1 round behavioral. First interviewer was extremely incompetent and couldn't understand why I was using a queue for a BFS. Not sure what he wanted. I wrote out the pseudocode and then code and he still couldn't understand what I was saying. 2 medium. Next round's engineer was fine. Also 2 medium. Last round was behavioral with manager, with 1 medium. Heard back a week later that I didn't get an offer but I'm pretty sure they weren't hiring new grads anymore anyways.

Interview Questions

• Balance paranthesis, class prerequisite, closest k points, nested arrays, delete linked list   1 Answer