Facebook Interview Questions in Ireland | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

3.2

Market Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying on the Facebook career website I've got a reply back within 2 days saying that I've been successful on the first step and now is gone be the language test. At this point the language test was about responding in own words between 200 - 400 on 1 question. My advise go for 400 because 365 words wasn't enough and result was slightly below average. This was the reply received from the hiring person.

Interview Questions

• what would you change in the world or Facebook. 1 thing only and use between 200& 400 words.   Answer Question

Escalation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process took 2 weeks: Essay in the language. phone interview and 4 interviews on site.
    The recruiter and coordinator were very nice. Overall experience was great. The 4 interviews on site was with the teammates from the hiring team. The interviews were one after another (30 min each) was quite intense but great experience and each and everyone was very friendly and helped me to feel comfortable. I would defo do it again!!!!

Interview Questions

• Phone interview contained number behavioral questions related to team work, time management, dealing with ambiguity, dealing with stress situation + 2 cases   Answer Question
    • Time when you had to disagree with a manager.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example when you had to disagree with your peer/ how did you handle situation   Answer Question
    • Give me an example when you went above and beyond/ what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2017.

Interview

I have successfully passed initial screening by recruiter and two rounds of online interviews with different engineers and was invited for an onsite interview, which was held in Dublin.
    Things to be discussed were quite interesting as a whole, and I got almost positive feedback, although I failed coding interview - as I was supposed to write a piece of well-known computer game and I have chosen to do it in C and (from interviewer's point of view) have selected somewhat non-optimal data structures for it.

Developer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2017.

Interview

applied online then after 4 weeks was asked for phone chat, a url link was sent by email to pick date and time, during the chat the recruiter explained the position of which 50% follow up with developers and rest 50% focus on coding tools mixed with machine learning projects, recruiter also asked about expected salary . after few days email was sent to setup interview with team member and technical interview

Interview Questions

• Q and A: HTML tags, Abstract class and OOP, Big O notation, difference between php, java, javascript, DNS, graph API, equilibrium coding   1 Answer

Business Intelligence Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

3 technical rounds. Two rounds were one to one but third round was video conference with manager in US. Questions were technical even in the manager round. They asked me to write the code on board.

Interview Questions

• SQL, Python, Star vs Snowflake, ETL, C++, Hive and Map Reduce, precious projects experinece, challenges   2 Answers

Risk and Payments Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2017.

Interview

Overall it was an extremely pleasant process. Everyone was very friendly and helpful along the way, and every step was clearly explained. I was assigned a recruiter, Alan, who led me through the process, answered my questions, and even met me onsite which was nice.
    The process consisted of a short screening by the recruiter where I was asked about my previous experience and education and was described the role in more detail. The next step was a phone conversation with the hiring manager. This was where I learned about the role in the most detail and I left the conversation feeling like I could really imagine my day-to-day role, my responsibilities, etc. This was very refreshing compared to other interviews I've done where the description of a role is very vague. Finally the last round consisted of 4 interviews, each 30 minutes long. I had to do two interviews through video conference as the interviewees were in the US, and two onsite interviews.

The process was fun but also quite challenging, in a good way! Everyone I spoke to was intelligent and passionate about their work. Unfortunately in the end, the position was given to another candidate but I was not deterred! After speaking with everyone, and seeing the office, etc. it has only confirmed my desire to work at Facebook, and I will most definitely be applying to more roles here.

One critique I would make is that for a technical role, I felt that there should have been more questions that tested my technical abilities, e.g. more coding questions. I know some people won't like that but I think it's good to see if you have what it takes!

Interview Questions

• Situational type questions, trying to analyse how well you can break down a real-life problem.   Answer Question

Reporting and Analytics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2017.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with the HR recruiter about my reasons for want to join Facebook and the role in particular. Then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then had a final round VC interviews with 4 different people, from the Irish and San Fran offices.
    The HR recruiter was incredibly encouraging the whole way through the process and gave me lots of tips in what to prep for each interview. The interviews were very chilled and were more like conversations than probing questions. I got a call from the HR recruiter 2 days after my final interview to find out I was successful.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a join and a union
      Describe how you would create new metrics for the CO team
      Do you know what a CTE is, how would you use it to translate these two tables.
      Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2017.

Interview

Very polite and competent recruiter who gave me a very fast response on my application and scheduled a screening phone interview. Initial screening was followed by a video call later on.

Interview Questions

• How do you make relationships to other people in the organisation   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

The Most Irrespetful Inteviewer Ever: I was contacted by a interviewer in Dublin. After sending her my availability, waiting 3 hours for a ghost interviewer and 5 emails later, nobody answered me back ever. I found very unprofessional recruiters contacting candidates for an interview and not showing up or not answering back. What happened to her? Did she fall into a Black Hole?. Does Facebook makes you legible to do whatever you want to candidates?.

Interview Questions

• Facebook recruiters (not all of course), you should look after your Egos when joining this company and respect the candidates...   1 Answer

Client Partner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me through LinkedIn, we scheduled some calls. After that I was introduced to the team for some calls, on-site interview sessions & a presentation. Once all this was done, Facebook extended an offer, reached out to my referrals and did a background check.

Interview Questions

• If you join, how will you drive impact on the short term? And the long term?
      What value will you bring to the team on a short and long term?
      1 Answer