Facebook Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.1

107 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was contacted by a facebook recruiter on LinkedIn about a position of Frontend developer based in London. Than we have a 15mins call about background and simple technical questions, i.e. what's the differences between queue and stack, what is event propagation, what is a time complexity to traverse the balanced binary tree, etc. After that in a week I have a 45 mins call through BlueJeans and coderpad whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Write an emitter class:
      emitter = new Emitter();

// 1. Support subscribing to events.
      sub = emitter.subscribe('event_name', callback);
      sub2 = emitter.subscribe('event_name', callback2);

// 2. Support emitting events.
      // This particular example should lead to the `callback` above being invoked with `foo` and `bar` as parameters.
      emitter.emit('event_name', foo, bar);

// 3. Support unsubscribing existing subscriptions by releasing them.
      sub.release(); // `sub` is the reference returned by `subscribe` above   Answer Question
    • Given two identical DOM trees (not the same one), and a node from one of them find the node in the other one.   Answer Question
    • Implement a simple store class with set(Node, value), get(Node) and has(Node) methods, which store a given Nodes with corresponding values.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

I was approached on LinkedIn by one of their in-house recruiters and had a few phone interviews before identifying the right opportunity and coming in for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• The process is unconventional because as they are hiring for multiple roles, they want to hear what your strengths are before they present a particular job opening. This is exciting as you can already see the variety of teams and projects that they have.   Answer Question

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

The process consists in 3 phases:
    A first skype call with HR talk and 5 multiple choices iOS technical questions.
    A second skype call with more technical questions and code challenges on coderpad.
    Onsite interview with 4 different interviews on the same day: 1 Behavioural, 2 Coding interviews and 1 Architecture. With an awesome lunch between them.
    All Facebook recruters and engineers are super cool and try to help you all the time. The whole process is an amazing experience!

Interview Questions

• Giving an array of numbers and an int, return true if is there any pair of numbers inside the array that summed is equal to the input int, otherwise return false.   Answer Question
    • Explain what is delegates and notifications. When should you use both?   Answer Question
    • How does memory management works on iOS   Answer Question
    • Giving a circular sorted array Ex: [7,9,3,5,6], write an algorithm that finds the smaller element index.   Answer Question
    • How would you implement UIView hitTest mehtod?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Got contacted by a head-hunter from Facebook London. After a phone-screen interview I was invited to the onsite stage. The onsite stage consisted of five 45-60 sessions with different people. There were 3 kinds of sessions: coding, design, behaviour/motivation. Throughout the interview process everyone was very open and supportive. Still waiting for the outcome.

Interview Questions

• I don't think I am supposed to give exact questions that I was asked. The coding tasks were fairly simple. The design interview was more like a working discussion on how to design a certain API. The behavioral interview was more or less me describing various interesting situations that came up during past projects.   Answer Question

Market Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

So far very positive and smooth. Communication has been very quick and they scheduled the first interview within the same week. The interview put me at ease and the interview was not so challenging.

Interview Questions

• if you were faced with an incident were you are receiving 10 times the amount of tickets you normally have, what would you do?   1 Answer

Android Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

1. Skype interview with a recruiter – common questions about your experience
    2. Technical interview on Skype – 2 problems to solve in online editor
    3. Onsite interview – 4 parts, 45 min for each. One behavioral interview, two technical interviews, one for architecture. Also there's a lunch.

People are very friendly. Feedback is provided, but there may be delays

Interview Questions

• Architecture interview: design an image synchronization mobile application   Answer Question

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

First had 1 Screen Skype call with HR about myself, and security related questions about simple topics.
    Moved to the next round which consisted in 1 hour Skype call with a security engineer. 1 Question about programming and basic algorithms, then questions about web security vulnerabilities, stack trace analysis and then a discussion about security scenario.
    You must perform well in all questions. I did well on the interview less on stack trace analysis. I assume they want you with experience on low level security issues.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

I first received an email from a recruiter asking me to answer different questions (projects I had work on, visa, school I was going to...). Then, after I replied, a technical interview was schedueled with a software engineer in California. The interview was 30mn long : I was asked to present myself and then to resolve an exercise online (the engineer could see me writing my code).

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

two rounds of 45 min:-
    coding problems only
    cant disclose because of NDA but problems were easy
    rejected dont know why even interviewers were impressed, it seems i took only 5minutes figuring out 2nd interview 1st problem solution ,they rejected me
    practice dp+graph+strings+tree

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone chat with recruiter after internal referral, brought to on-site after a short phone technical interview, which only covered algorithm problem, I didn’t answer the optimal solution but I think I spoke out loud and communicated my thought process so he decided to move me on.

At onsite interview, 1 SQL interview, 2 coding interviews, 1 system design interview, and 1 behavioural interview. I want to stress out the system design interview, because they might ask you distributed system or data modelling problem, depending on which you’re more familiar with.

The recruiter and coordinator are super helpful and supportive, the overall experience is much better than what I’ve been through with Amazon’s.

Got rejected 5 days after the onsite interview. The point is to get prepared enough, and there’s no such a thing as prepare to hard — always over prepare, that’s the only thing you need to do.