Facebook Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

3.1

Senior Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Facebook recruiter contacted me by LinkedIn, first Skype call was about my background and few android questions with 4 variants of answers. Second skype call with developer, coding task 30m.

Startup Platform Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I got contacted by a FB recruiter who was excited about my experience in marketing for startups. We agreed on a interview with the hiring manager in London the week after. The day before I asked for more details regarding the role and the interview as I wasn't sure about the details. It seemed alright but I think the hiring manager wasn't clear about the kind of background he was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a marketing launch you've lead/ How should we improve our platform to meey startups' challenges   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

1) quick interview with the recruiter by phone. ~10-15 quick technical questions
    2) programming interview: ~1 hour by phone, easy interview about reading a csv file and parsing it.
    3) system administration interview: ~1 hour by phone, harder interview, at least for me, about Linux systems, memory leak, virtual memory, how to debug a distributed software, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks. I asked recruiter some questions about internship and was offered to interview with the company one day later applying via their site. The first interview was with the developer in the USA, the second one with the developer from London. Everybody was pleasant and nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to the position online. After about a month someone contact me and fixed me a date for online interview. Then interviewer also contact me to confirm date. But I unable to do my interview on that day then I contact them and postponed it to 4 days forward.
    On time I log into the link they provide me through the interview confirmation mail. Interviewer didn't ask me any personal details like describe your self. As soon as we clear our communication she asked me to start coding. We used Facebook code pad for coding( it's something like hacker rank but not better than hacker rank).
    After I finished coding she asked about my future plans and she allow me to ask any question from her.
    That's it!

Interview Questions

• There is a sequence numbers from 100 to 120, and some of them mark as bugs and some of them mark as nobug. When I travel through the number series when I find first bug print where it appears.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)).

Interview

After successful skype interview I came onsite. There were 4 stages, warmup session, 2 explicit coding sessions and one design session.
    I was overstressed and terribly performed during warmup session, next 2 were normal and the last was ok.
    Interviewers were friendly enough, they tried their best to help me overcome my stress.

Interview Questions

• Design question - design database structure of url shortener. Improve it. Scale it. Think about all possible functions this project might need.   1 Answer

S/W Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen interview with a recruiter. Interview was exactly one week after I have applied in the company website. Overall, this was a good experience, however, they chose not to continue to the second interview.

Interview Questions

• walk through the CV and focus on last position.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

- phone screen with the recruiter
    - phone interview with the team member
    - panel interview on VC

My onsite interview was moved to an earlier date (a week earlier than scheduled) and carried out on VC. Every question was generic and boring. The questions and answers were so boring I found myself demotivated to answer them at all and half way through the first interview I realised that the manager is not interested in talking to me and just wanted to tick the box that they interviewed me. All but one interviewers had an attitude "let's get it over with" My impression was that there was already a candidate chosen for the role either internally or externally but for some reason the recruiter decided to waste my time and carry on the 2hr 1:1 interview. Questions ranged from "describe a project you worked on" and "what do you like working on" to "what do you think we do day to day in our department" - as generic as it gets. No business cases or hypothetical scenarios, all past performance and role-specific questions.
    I've received a rejection email after 12hrs so that only makes me more confident that my application was rejected before I even said hello. I really regret Facebook recruiter decided to waste 2 hrs of my life.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions about past projects I worked on, generic questions about project management process. How do you imagine our team works and how we are measured. Describe how you prioritise your workload. What is your communication style.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

This was for a Data Engineering intern position in London.
    One initial phone screen for fit and then 2 coding interviews using Coderpad. First one was SQL, second one Python.

I suggest using LeetCode for practice questions. Be familiar with Coderpad and programming on the phone. Get the fundamentals right as they aren't asking very difficult technical questions.

Interview Questions

• SQL - 6 questions using joins, subqueries, etc on a customer sales database. The last couple of questions were quite tricky. I would suggest going through SQLzoo and LeetCode Database questions.

Python - 6 questions testing knowledge on lists, dictionaries etc.
      Write a histogram function for a list of word (frequency -> dictionary)
      Flatten lists (recursion)
      Remove duplicates in a list
      Find nth percentile in a list
      Convert decimal to binary without inbuilt functions
      Count words in a sentence
      1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I have received an interview after only a second application (2 months after the first one). One talk with recruiter, then another two with software engineeres. They were very nice however asked hard questions.

Interview Questions

• Find a cycle in linked list;   1 Answer