Facebook Market Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Market Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

The recruiter was not friendly at all. I meet all the requirements for the position in both languages required, and he didn't even let me finish my experiences, and said he'd talk with the team and if they were interested, he'd contact me again. When I asked about what they offer, he said he wouldn't tell me. (??) He asked me a lot of questions and I answered, and when I asked he said he wouldn't tell me. Also doesn't answer emails. Tried to schedule a time for the call several times and no answer.

Interview Questions

• That I would have to include my work experiences from 9 years ago before I even went to college if I wanted to apply   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ireland, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Ireland, IN) in January 2018.

Interview

Contacted by Linkedin. First interview with HR (general questions), followed by an essay exam about Facebook. Second interview with Market Specialist (general and two technical questions. Third interview with 3 people - market knowledge, problem-solving questions, motivation questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why is this role important?
      2. If you receive one million tickets, what would you do?
      3. What is the abusive trend?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2016.

Interview

Initial round with online test for 600-800 words essay in 30 mins. Then, moved to HR screening phone interview. Both were quite easy and helped me to understand what the job might be. After that, had 40 min long video conference call with one of the team members. Questions were quite straight forward, but her attitude was not welcoming. I knew that she's not gonna put me in the next round at the very first second of the video interview. She made an unpleasant face immediately after she saw me on the screen. (Like I look that bad?) The 40 min call was basically torture for both of us. She mechanically asked me questions related to the job, and it didn't seem that she paid attention on my answers. I have a MSc and some research experience at the LSE, but her final question was "Have I dream about living in Europe?"

I just hope that she doesn't behave like that to other interviewees.

Interview Questions

• How do I find fake accounts? What is the digital/internet market trend? Why this job? etc.   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

First was exam in your language you're applying. Then HR interview via phone.Make sure you have good signal connection so you will be able to hear cleay. Or if you can ask to conduct it over Skype, much better.

Interview Questions

• If you have one million request, how will yiu manage it?   Answer Question

Market Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in December 2015.

Interview

1. Contacted by Recruiter
    2. Handed in C.V.
    3. Short (200-400 words) text exercise to determine language skills in native language (German)
    3. Phone interview (30 min) with recruiter
    4. Phone interview with market specialist

That was my last stage, I didn't pass it. I was not provided with a feedback. As the interview was rather "informal" in terms of questions like "why do you want to work for facebook?" I don't really know why I didnt make it to the next round. What I heard is that the next round would have been the last one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying on the Facebook career website I've got a reply back within 2 days saying that I've been successful on the first step and now is gone be the language test. At this point the language test was about responding in own words between 200 - 400 on 1 question. My advise go for 400 because 365 words wasn't enough and result was slightly below average. This was the reply received from the hiring person.

Interview Questions

• what would you change in the world or Facebook. 1 thing only and use between 200& 400 words.   Answer Question

Market Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Overall pleasant experience. I passed all the rounds but without an offer in the end.
    First round - written test, second round - interview with recruiter, third round - loop of three interviews, and the last one was kind of a recap of previous three.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2017.

Interview

1. Contacted on LinkedIn by recruiter
    2. Sent CV to recruiter
    3. Preliminary phone call with recruiter: further info on role
    4. Written language test (feedback received the following day)
    5. Interview with recruiter
    6. Interview with team member
    7. two additional interviews with team members + manager (4 interviews in total)

PRO: Recruiters help you along the way.
    CON: They seem to be on a hiring spree, and coordination got a bit choppy along the way.

The interview rounds are quite quick, and they ask you competence-based questions. I found them similar to consulting interviews in that they want to see how you analyze and problematize an issue.

The recruiter provides guidelines and "prep material" at every stage, which is very helpful. The recruiter who contacted me was very friendly, efficient, and provided information for every stage. I found this very helpful, since it can be a bit daunting for new graduates on their first "serious job" hunt.

However, during the 4 interviews with the team, several questions were repeated, some of them word to word, which I found a bit redundant and repetitive. Also, I had a few interviews neck to neck, which was physically and mentally exhausting since it meant that I had to talk for a couple of hours straight. Would be much better to pan them out. In my last interviews, things got very messy - the interviewers were changed last-minute, and the recruiter's "prep material" was not updated. So I could not benefit from the kind of help that was provided earlier.

Most of all, things got a bit loose towards the end. I was first told that I would receive a final response within 48 hours of the last interview, then told it would take a week instead. Two weeks passed without any updates, and I was only informed that I didn't make the final cut after I had sent two emails asking what was going on (politely). I am aware Facebook is on a hiring spree in this line of work, but I expected a firm on this scale to be more organized.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Facebook in your market?
      Here are some hypothetical situations that may arise during your role. How would you make decisions, and based on what criteria?
      What are some facts you can give me about Facebook in your market?
      Who are Facebook's main competitors in your market?   Answer Question

Market Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Facebook (Paris (France)) in February 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application online, I got an email asking if you could send a written assignment in my native language within 24-48h (max. 400 words). They got back to me pretty quickly and scheduled a short call with a HR person. The call was mostly about my background, and I had one question about the type of content that was reported in my country. Two days after that, they told me they wouldn't move forward. Pretty standard process, nice people, maybe they could give a little more feedback.

Interview Questions

• What type of content is typically reported in your country?   1 Answer

Market Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Applied long time ago. Then got a random email from a recruiter. Almost skipped the email.

Then asked to write a short paragraph of the language you applied. Then got a phone call with the recruiter talking abt the cv and the related job roles.
    After that, got an email said to have a chance VC with one of the team memebers and recruiter attached a set of stuff that “help” you to prepare. However, nothing related to the set was asked. I prepared 2 days read so much stuff abt fb.
    And almost at the end of the vc with the team memeber i discovered the job role described by the recruiter was actually not too correct compare to the team memeber said. Which means all the previous answered were so WRONG.

And as expected, rejection email received.