Facebook Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Simple questions on background, examples of past experience and how you would be a good fit here, the recruiters were very friendly and prompt.
I was not clear on what the hiring manager was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Background, scenario based questions.
    Give examples of marketing campaigns that you have run. Why are you looking for a change?
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Great initial calls, in-person interviews I did not were handled well or professionally. I prefer not including exactly what this position was, but it was related to marketing. There were several phone interviews following a referral, then a round of back to back in-person interviews with a team lead and team members.

The in-person rounds were not handled well - it seemed some of the interviewers were unaware they had the meeting that day. The interviews did not start on time, conference rooms were not booked correctly, and we were even asked to leave one of them mid-interview.

I was highly qualified for the role and still work in the industry with FB teams regularly. I have interviewed for similar roles at other major companies in the space - but thought this was a very unprofessional experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase adoption of a new product / feature etc. and measure success?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview: Was called one day after submitting my resume. Very nice, recruiter but new very little about the actual position which made it difficult for me to show my value. She appeared to be very excited about my interest through multiple emails but did not hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

A friend referred me for the role, and the recruiter was quick to follow up with phone interviews and on-site interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Probably my mistake for not doing my research. I was expecting the position to be a senior level position in the Marketing domain. However it appears they were looking for an individual contributor. After applying for the job when HR arranged a phone interview, I had all my charts and processes ready to talk about role of social media marketing and improving marketing effectiveness but the interviewer started asking me about coin toss probabilities. I was asked two question both turned out to be trivia questions. Now working in marketing analytics for over 10 years and spending 60 hours a week helping companies improve their marketing ROI, i clearly didn't see this coming. I didnt want to play along with this so told the interviewer while I can attempt to solve the permutation/combination questions I was not interested and rather look at the business side of the decision. At one point I felt like telling the interviewer to stop so that I could get back to my work. With my busy schedule, it was a tough ask for me to get 30 minutes for this conversation, wasting it like this was n't a smart move. Lesson learnt, I will be more careful next time around before applying and not apply just because I want to jump on Facebook so some other flavor of the month bandwagon.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Hands down the best most thorough interview process around. While the process varies from person to person and role to role, I experienced multiple rounds of phone screens, six onsite interviews, and a "hack" assignment. The process moved really quickly and they were keen on letting me know next to immediately that they were going to make me an offer.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected part of the interview process was the take home "hack" that I then had to submit back to the team for review.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

I had applied online to Facebook through their site mid-July. However, only after I had applied and was interested in another position one week later, I was not able - exclusively because I had applied to another position previously. That was strike one.

I was contacted in early August for a position at Facebook. I was asked to submit a lengthy evaluation, composing a mock response letter about fraud. Another two or three weeks later, a phone interview was scheduled. Still, the recruiter sent an e-mail at the time of the phone interview to reschedule for later in the afternoon. Later in the afternoon, the recruiter called late without apologizing for wasting prospective employees' time. The interview ran long, too. No hints during or after the initial phone interview concerning the next interview processes either.

Over one week later, moving now into early September, a different recruiter was supposed to schedule an on-site visit to the Austin office. Never was told when or where to show up. Instead, I was contacted two days after I was supposed to have the on-site for yet another phone interview. In the confirmation e-mail, I was informed the recruiter would be from the Austin office. Nevertheless, when I asked on the phone specific questions about the office, I was told this recruiter was in California and had hardly an idea about the office. Still, the recruiter was very interested in me and wanted to continue the process. I followed up about one week later about the status of the next process and received no response. Again, another week later I called and received no return call. I was extended an offer by another company and pretty much forgot about Facebook.

...

Until now...two months later.

...

Now into November, I received a random e-mail from the first recruiter, whom I have not spoken to in over two and a half months. The note was the following:
    "Thanks for your interest in working at Facebook and apologies for the delay on getting back to you. We’re always on the lookout for the best talent and although we’re interested in your skills and background, it's not quite a fit for the positions that we have open right now."

It is absolutely unacceptable for a company to wait over two months to send any correspondence about a recruiting decision. All in all, Facebook's recruiting process extremely unprofessional and inappropriate. It is unfortunate to see a prospering company not properly investing in the future of their company for the long-term.

Strikes against Facebook:
    1. Ability to only apply to one position at time of application
    2. Unnecessary evaluation processes
    3. Miscommunication within the company
    4. Miscommunication with prospective employees
    5. Absurdly lengthy recruiting timelines
    6. Disrespectful, unprofessional, and inappropriate approach to interviews

Interview Questions

• Who are Facebook's competition?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

I had a phone screen and 6 face-to-face interviews. The interview mostly behavioral. They asked me questions like: How will you prioritize tasks? Why Facebook? There were some questions where they tested my knowledge about some technical concepts. I thought that the interview went off well, but was not offered the job.

Interview Questions

• what are the key insights that you have taken away in your last few years working?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in February 2008.

Interview

Interviewer and atmosphere appeared to be 'too cool for school.' The interviewer stressed the 'awesome' benefits like going out for drinks every week. Even mentioned a recent beer pong tournament. Felt very unprofessional. I tried to gather details about the actual job, but the interviewer was unhelpful and didn't have specific department goals.

Interview Questions

• What strategies for attracting new business would you apply in order to gain new accounts?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

1. Phone Interview: A general phone screen. Less than 15-30mins.

2. Followed up by a face to face interview with 4 different persons from different roles, scheduled back to back, with a break in between. This process might take 3-4 hours so be prepared to spend possibly half a day interviewing.

3. Did not manage to proceed to the next round which is supposedly a video conference call with Facebook HQ and then maybe another final round of interview before confirmation.

Interview Questions

• Questions were about work background, strengths, weaknesses, behavioral-based questions, scenario based questions and questions about how recent and past background is relevant to the job applied.   Answer Question