Facebook Marketing Principal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Marketing Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I was emailed out of the blue from a recruiter who saw my resume online. He was really nice and motivating about the impact of the job. Then i was scheduled for a phone screen. The interviewer showed up late and then rushed through very high level questions. It was almost as if they didn't know what questions to ask. I was then flown out to their HQ in Palo Alto...it was the most disorganized and hectic onsite I've ever been on. First, my second interviewer was a no show since he was out of the country. Seriously? You didn't know the interviewer would be in Europe for my onsite? Then, they kept me through lunch but didn't feed me anything - which is rude. Either don't interview through lunch or take the candidate out for an informal. Otherwise, they get queasy and hungry, like I did.

So, after all the onsite interviewing, they told me it looked really good and that I should hear back from them within 2 days. An offer was imminent.

However, in 2 days, they told me they wanted to look at other candidates and then proceeded to jerk me around for 2 weeks. The hiring mgr even called me to do a follow up interview (even through he'd already grilled me in person). It's like they didn't know what they wanted or how to go about a professional recruiting regime.

Finally, they made me an offer and acted like they were focused only on me from the beginning. Their tune changed and I found it to be disingenuous. Also, the offer compensation was insulting. Esp for an expensive place like Palo Alto. I was also interviewing with another large tech company that made me an offer and beat Facebook's offer by 30%. Now, looking back on it, this was a fantastic decision and no regrets. Their stock price has bottomed out and that was a large part of my compensation. Also, the company is so flat that the opportunities for career growth were nonexistent.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA so can't disclose. But, the questions were high level and scattered. There wasn't a clear theme on the loop - it was as if everyone scrambled to put some questions down 10 minutes before the interview.   Answer Question