Facebook Network Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Network Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Facebook

3.2

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (San Jose, CA) in September 2020.

Interview

1 Coding Phone Screen
1 Network Phone Screen
5 Onsite rounds - 2 Network, 1 Coding, 1 System Design, 1 Behavioral
Happened over 2 months at my own pace. Recruiter reached out in LinkedIn

Interview Questions

• Coding questions are from Med-Hard LC
    Networking - BGP/OSPF/Redundancy, STP, IPv6   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter contacted me asking for some details. Then she got back to me with online assessments. Once I cleared that 45mins of DA coding interview. If cleared network protocols interview will be scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Basic python, linux, network protocols   2 Answers

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Applied online. First I receive an online test that had networking questions along with some coding questions as well. The next step was a Phone call in that they asked me to solve 2 coding problems.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

The first round is a coding interview. The whole process is about 45 minutes. The beginning is two coding questions and then is some casual talk for about 5 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

Network Engineer position in connectivity team. Technical is easy to answer if you have been preparing for interview. Behavioral was tough specially with virtual interview. Interviewer's kid was coming and going between interview. The process toward the interview is great. HR team did a good job from phone screen to onsite interview. At the end I was given feedback that hiring team decided to move with candidate whose background closely align. My question is then why even short list at first place? It takes lot of efforts and time (months) to prepare for FB interview and unfortunately recruiter are not providing right fit to hiring team, eventually candidate suffers.

Interview Questions

• BGP, TCP handshake, OSPF, lot of behavioral
      palindrome, arrange vowel and then consonant and given string, Regex   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

Phone screen was easy enough. Made it onsite after many weeks of back and forth (process was unreasonably long). The onsite interview was with all SiteOps folks and not a single network engineering question. Then took almost 3 weeks to get a rejection. Terrible experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a slow web server?   2 Answers

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in January 2019.

Interview

it was a three round process. the first round was based on basic networking, Linux, and Python questions. I am about to give my second round which is scripting and third round again it is gonna be based on networking.

Interview Questions

• how to check arp entries?
      what is vlan, stp?
      difference between list and set?
      what is a dictionary?   3 Answers

Application

Interview

Initially, I was contacted by the recruiter for the network engineer intern position. after that, I had scheduled a phone interview for 20 minutes. it was very easy. she just asked basic questions in networking, linux and python.

Interview Questions

• what is ARP?
      Why we need VLANs?
      what is the difference between set and list in oython?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and did 3 phone screenings. All 3 screenings went well. After the third one recruiter told me that they won't move forward and gave no reason. I reached out to the recruiter a couple of time to get some feedback or at at least understand what went wrong but the recruiter never responded back.

I put in the time to prepare for all the interviews and was disappointed that no feedback was provided. I will probably never interview with Facebook again.

Interview Questions

• TCP and routing protocol questions   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Recruiter was unprofessional . She scheduled an appointment and did not show up twice. There was no email apologizing for missing the meeting. She did not follow up for more than a week . I sent her an email reminding her again , when she called she had written script of technical questions to ask . I am not sure how a recruiter will be able to gauge your technical experience.