Facebook Network Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Network Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Facebook

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Takes not a long period to response and interview. Just two weeks. Interviewer is really nice and the questions are not so difficult. Because I was refereed by employee so the application process only takes one week, which is much faster than other ways.

Interview Questions

• Basic network protocols knowledge and scripting.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Omaha, NE) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process I only made to the second part. First part was a series if 12 question revolving around the job. They also had we go through my resume.

Second part was a 1 hour tech interview with a senior member. There was a lot more in depth question that went deep into all aspects of networking.

Interview Questions

• What type of fiber is used for long runs   2 Answers
    • Describe how the tcp header in a IPV4 packet changes going from device to device and which fields change with in the header. Now describe it in IPV6   2 Answers
    • Explain Split Horizon in reguards to BGP   1 Answer
    • how do you configure a dwdm multiplexer   1 Answer
    • Explain ECMP   1 Answer
    • explain a multi light source fiber optic and the maximum run distance for 10G   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was so nice. I enjoyed our phone call. She was very helpful and the phone interview was very smooth. Challenging, but smooth. I was offered another interview at the end of the call.

Interview Questions

• What is the command to check ARP entries?   2 Answers

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in January 2019.

Interview

it was a three round process. the first round was based on basic networking, Linux, and Python questions. I am about to give my second round which is scripting and third round again it is gonna be based on networking.

Interview Questions

• how to check arp entries?
      what is vlan, stp?
      difference between list and set?
      what is a dictionary?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Altoona, IA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Altoona, IA) in February 2018.

Interview

One phone interview describing my background and two technical phone interviews about the position with different people. Interviewers were very helpful polite and I even learned a few things during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Networking protocols and Linux   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Recruiter was unprofessional . She scheduled an appointment and did not show up twice. There was no email apologizing for missing the meeting. She did not follow up for more than a week . I sent her an email reminding her again , when she called she had written script of technical questions to ask . I am not sure how a recruiter will be able to gauge your technical experience.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

First round was a screening round with the HR with a few very basic technical questions on Networking, Linux and Python. The second round was the main technical round which tested concepts like BGP, Packet Data flow, Routing and OSPF

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between iBGP and eBGP?   2 Answers
    • How does BGP route reflectors work   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The first round was a basics round on Networking, Python, Linux commands.

Second, it was a networking technical round. There were mainly focusing on how a packet travels in a network (ARP, Ping, Traceroute, Headers). Then they asked about basics in BGP (route reflectors, communities). Be Conceptual!

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, you need to be confident and clear about what you are explaining to the interviewers.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I applied through a career fair on campus. It was a highly technical interview which lasted for 1 hr. Before the interview, I also had an opportunity to talk to the recruiter and answer some behavorial questions

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about python ,
      Questions on database maintenance   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY).

Interview

30 min phone screen with recruiter (10-15 questions)
    1 hour phone screen with Engineer
    On site round robin/meeting team
    Really enjoyed the process, spent days studying and well versing my knowledge.

Interview Questions

• MPLS , LDP/RSVP, BGP, MP-BGP/MPLS L3VPN, RT/RD, DWDM, some command line Q’s   2 Answers