Facebook Network Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Network Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and did 3 phone screenings. All 3 screenings went well. After the third one recruiter told me that they won't move forward and gave no reason. I reached out to the recruiter a couple of time to get some feedback or at at least understand what went wrong but the recruiter never responded back.

I put in the time to prepare for all the interviews and was disappointed that no feedback was provided. I will probably never interview with Facebook again.

Interview Questions

• TCP and routing protocol questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Network Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in January 2018.

Interview

There were 3 rounds. First was a preliminary round where basic questions on Networking, Linux and Python were asked. Second was a core networking round. And then there was a third round based on coding.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA, hence won't be able to share the questions here. However, I would advice people appearing for this role to be prepared with the basics of networking (tcp/ip, traditional routing and switching, routing protocols - ospf, rip, bgp etc.) and to have a good command on coding using Python.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview (basic technical questions, linux, python, networking) - 1 hr
    Phone interview (in depth networking questions) - 1 hr
    Skype interview (programming indepth - depends on your selected language preference) - 1hr
    Face to Face (dublin) - 5hrs

After the face to face interview, you are given an offer to work at facebook.

Interview Questions

• Basic Linux and python questions. I didn't pass stage one.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2017.

Interview

They get in touch with me by LinkedIn, the recruiter from fb Singapore office for network Eng in to work in terra-graph project.

First phone interview arranged in the next day by the recruiter, starting by introducing myself and my experience in the beginning I though it's only general question but the interview takes about 75 Min with some general technical question about Wireless, Networking and Linux.

After 2 weeks the second technical video interview arranged with one network Eng from US office, the interview takes about 60 Min and covered technology such as networking, wireless and RF, the interviewer been very helpful and professional.

Then after 2 weeks the 3rd video interview arranged with other network Eng from US office, this one been very bad and I consider it the worst interview I have done, the interviewer didn't open his camera and start questioning me in aggressive way about networking and he didn't gave me enough time to think even his questions not clear for me, this interview takes 20 Min only.

After one week the recruiter called me and said unfortunately I have Not Ok feedback for you!!

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on linkedin.

Maybe two weeks later, I had a phone screening call with the recruiter, first part is kind of marketing: OCP, scale at Facebook, Facebook projects. After basic networking and python questions.
    routing, switching.
    I finally did a phone interview. But was not selected for the onsite interview.
    Follow up is very slow and difficult.

Interview Questions

• BGP and TCP 3way HS, window scaling, questions.   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Facebook (Port Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

I waited for a call that never came. I was booked for an interview at 10.30 AM Pacific Time which means 3.30 AM Sydney time zone. I was up and ready one hour earlier merely to be sure to don't miss the call. I waited until 4.30 AM (11.30 AM Pacific Time) and no one turned up. After days no email received neither to apology nor book in for another date. Quite perplexed...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

Had 3 phones calls to evaluate if I could fit the job. The first was a simple one with simple technical questions. The next two were far more interesting. One was focused on my network related skills and the other was about my programming skills.

After the 3 phone calls I have been invited for a day of interview at the Facebook headquarters in Dublin. This day has been setup really fast by the Facebook team and everything was taken care of (flights, hotel and refund process for food, etc).

The day of the interview was quite intense but really interesting. The morning was dedicated for technical interviews (network and programming). I had lunch with one of my interviewer. Don't get it wrong, lunch is just another interview. During the afternoon I had two other technical interviews. The third one was with a team leader who asked me some questions about what I have done and why I would like to work at Facebook.

After the interviews, I was invited to visit the rest of Facebook headquarters to finish the day.

Interview Questions

• Whole datacenter design to deliver services based on users locations.   8 Answers

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

It was two phone interviews from the company, the first one was from a recruiter to go through your resume, your skills etc. And the second round is more focused on technical detail

Interview Questions

• The guy asked the questions about TCP/IP, troubleshooting skills etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2018.

Interview

it has 3 interview , one is just for introduction , second one focus on coding skills , thrid one focus on networking skills.

i failed in network interview, i could not understand interviewer questions, so failed in 3rd interview

Interview Questions

• why origin is mandatory in BGP attribute   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

J'ai passé 9 entretiens au total dont 2 par téléphone un par skype et 6 en face to face. L'entretien n'est pas très difficile. Très bon acceuil. L'équipe est sympa.
    J'ai eu la réponse finale après 2 semaines du dernier entretien.

Interview Questions

• Quelles sont vos motivations pour le poste.   1 Answer