Facebook Online Sales Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Online Sales Operations Interview Questions

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Online Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

The process is lengthy, I had 5 interviews and one case study. Onsite and phone interviews. Prepare basic case questions and info about competitors. Plus it's good to prepare well on their products.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Online Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Paris (France)) in January 2012.

Interview

I had a phone call from the company after I sent my resume through the internet application and then I had an interview by phone. After the first interview I had another round by phone and a final interview in face to face that was a really great expertience for me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Asked really hard questions that required convoluted answers. There where no correct answers but rather your process on how you reached them. Interviewees did not seem interested in the process.

Interview Questions

• How much do you charge to wash every window in Seattle?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview experience was good. I felt as though i had the job when I left, but I guess I was wrong. They were interviewing several people on the same day. I could hear conversations in other rooms which made me feel uncomfortable during the in person interview. I found it distracting.

Interview Questions

• What advertising or product offering do you think Facebook should create next?   2 Answers

Online Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

I had applied for a Leads Analyst and after a month, got a call saying they liked my resume and would want to consider me for another opening, as this particular post has been filled up. I said i would be willing to go ahead with that as my resume and skill set matched both profiles; exceeded in fact. Anyway, as I'm a fresher, i wanted to go for the Online Sales Operations Analyst post and was excited about the whole process.

I had to take an Online test, which after submission was reviewed and i got a call back saying i should not have listed points in one of the answers, so i need to phrase it in a paragraph. My content and style was appreciated, but they needed to be sure. I took this test again and was announced of clearing it. This process itself took more than 2 weeks i suppose.

Then, i was asked various things and briefed a little by the Recruiter, after which i was told i have two more rounds to go through. I waited patiently for the call on the mentioned date and time. I cleared it and then was informed to be going to the next round. The next call was scheduled after a week or so. I did not receive one and had to inform the Recruiter, who got back to me immediately. Cleared that round too. Then i was called again to say i have one more round to go through. I did, cleared it. Then one more. I really did not get the point of talking the same things time and again, but i obliged, probably getting better each time.

Owing to the public holidays that do occur now and then, the Recruiter does not attend, say, 3 days before and after the holiday. EACH TIME. i have had to wait for ten days at a time to receive a mail from her saying that she is not at office. And then more waiting! Also, i do not receive confirmation mails of the Interview being scheduled or other info. I have to personally ask every time about an ascertainment.

Oh and ya, one time there were 'Internal Problems' that they were dealing with, due to which they did not reply for weeks.

All this done, with the last interview results pending, which i had done exceptionally well, i had the Recruiter disappearing once again. I finally received a reply to my mail saying she's yet again not in the office and she will be back in a week and let me know. Glory be!

I waited for that fateful day and was waiting for a call, as i was so dead sure i would be selected. Instead, i receive a mail, saying that my interview has been impressive and so is my CV, but owing to the large volumes of interview conducted, i do not match the skill they are looking for. "Unfortunately", they would not be taking it forward, it seems. I was polite and asked them the reason as a personal inquisition and rectification if possible, but all i got was a reminding of the 'Company Policies' that they seem to follow to death and how they cannot divulge in more information. Seriously?

I thanked them for the experience and the process. Whatever it was, the Recruiter was well mannered and helpful, compared to the other Recruiters out there.

I did not take up 3 more jobs that came my way and did not apply anywhere else, thinking i suited the profile and also the interview went well. I know i was a fool in doing so, but heck, a major mistake; probably due to the confidence of my performance and my profile.

I do not see the point in withholding the results and the information for such a long time or conducting so many rounds of interviews. As far as i can see it, it was not a stage wise interview or level clearing process. Because, i do not see myself getting evicted in the last round after talking the same things, that too in a better and more confident way after facing off so many rounds.

The highlight was that i was told i would be asked questions about the industry and about the operations. I was asked NONE. Everything was about how and why things are so and so in life and plausible probability of some non existent situation. All that research and knowledge about FB and its functions went down the drain. Well, knowledge gained. . .

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of things regarding "what if" and "what if not" . . . They wanted to see where i was headed in life. Very specific to my CV and accomplishments till now.   1 Answer

Online Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Hyderabad (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

I was approached by a senior US head office based recruiter and she saw my CV on one of the Indian job boards. I was asked in the email if I was interested and I replied positively. After this, she emailed me again in 2 days and asked me to take an English test and also said that once I pass the test satisfactorily, she will schedule time with me to speak.

I seemed to pass the test and then I get a call from her during which she asked me about my expected salary straight away and also told me afterwards to expect only in a certain range. After a 0.5 hr chat, I was told she is happy with me and that I have progressed to the next stage! In about 10 days, I get a call from Hyderabad office without anyone scheduling my time. Afterwards, an HR person from India contacts me and agrees to schedule a call which she did.

However, I did not receive a call from the person I was supposed to - a masterstroke. This telephonic round went well too and in about 1.5 weeks, I contacted this HR person about feedback and she says that I have progressed further and schedules another telephonic round. I get this call and it went very well; having answered most questions in the best possible way.

The real thing starts now. After the 3rd round happened, I waited for another 10 days and only then emailed my HR contact about feedback. I get a reply saying that the guy has not given feedback yet and that she will come back on this in 2 days. However, more than 7 weeks passed since then and I am still chasing for feedback and no on even cares to reply.

What a pity and what a waste of time. Even smaller companies with brand value no where close to Facebook know the value of potential employees.

Very, very disappointed with them. Not because they did not select me, but because I was kept waiting for a deserving feedback.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of any new features that will benefit Facebook users as well as advertisers?   1 Answer

Online Sales Operations Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook in January 2011.

Interview

four rounds of interview
    individual people to interview
    when thru with one level, other interviewer takes next round
    v friendly atmosphere
    all HR kind of questions- conflict, new product, how to you deal with others, wht new ideas, given a situation how do you react

Online Sales Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in October 2010.

Interview

Just had the first round for recruitment, submitted my resume online. Was contacted by an HR manager within 2 weeks for a written test. Now, scheduled for a telephonic interview in the coming week.

Interview Questions

• Explain the features of various offerings provided by facebook to its client to enable them to advertise better.   Answer Question

Online Sales Operations Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Facebook in May 2010.

Interview

The pros: really smart questions during all 1:1 interviews, very cross-functional selection of interviewers (which gave me a great perspective on what the company culture is like), every on site interview provided a sense that the employees have fun at work.

The cons: highly disorganized recruiting process and scheduling; several key interviewers who were scheduled didn't show or had to be subbed; recruiting took forever to give feedback and progress the interviewing schedule, which tied up other commitments I was making in my overall job search.

Interview Questions

• Who was the best person you managed and why? Who was the worst and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

First I was asked to complete a online writing sample and was then contacted about having a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of questions about my experience, facebook, and how facebook stacks up to competitors (ie google, twitter, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Why Facebook?   Answer Question
    • What keywords would suggest a client use in targeting customers interested in camping gear? What keywords would you suggest if they were writing an ad for Google? How do these differ?   Answer Question