Facebook Interview Questions in Palo Alto, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

177 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Very similar to what others have mentioned.

-first call with recruiter, mainly going over your resume and having them explain the process. Afterwards he sent over prep material for the phone interviews and onsite interview. The material is really comprehensive and probably somewhat overkill, but if you review it all you will be prepared. The recruiter really really wants you to feel prepared as well, so use them as a resource! That was what stood out the most to me in the process, more than anywhere else they want you to feel ready.

-phone interview with shared screen coding with a data scientist. Basic sql, coding, and stats questions.

-another phone interview, very similar to the first.

-on site interview with a mix of open ended data science problems, coding questions, sql questions, behavioral questions

-follow up phone interview with only one subject that they felt they didn't ask enough about at the onsite

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you received constructive criticism and how you handled it.   2 Answers

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The phone interview lasted 40 minutes. No introduction but give me a algorithm problem directly, after did it, he asked me several follow up questions. Then gave me another one. when the interview lasted 35minutes, he let me to ask several question. then 40minutes passed, the interview is done.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was not good. Came late, didn't have my resume. No behavioral questions. Went straight to coding part. Solved the first question but follow-up was hard. Didn't give hints. He couldn't get what I was saying nor could I get what he was trying to say.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

asking some problem about cv and coding, the coding is about 45 min and 2 coding question... run some test case, you need to write the main function to run
    using codepad to the interview

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

This is a long interview process as you would expect from places like Facebook. I had 2 phone screenings, 1 conference call with 3 different Executive Admins, followed by onsite interviews with 3 different groups. The onsite interviews are a whirlwind. Some of the groups had so many people that I needed to talk to that I only talked to each person for maybe 15 minutes. I would urge anyone interviewing at FB to use caution when answering questions. There were a few times where I feel I was baited into giving a questionable answer.

Interview Questions

• You've been in the industry for awhile. What is the personality of an Exec that you wouldn't want to work for again? As an example, I can tell you that I never want to support a hectic female again. What would be the personality that you want to steer away from? (I gave my description) "I feel like I know her. What was her name?"   1 Answer
    • Everyone has a preferred process for their day. What would be an ideal part of your day that you would prefer stayed constant?   1 Answer
    • We pride ourselves on a great work/home life balance. How much balance would you feel you needed in order to be happy in both places?   1 Answer

Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Call with a recruiter, video call with a member of the team, onsite with a few members. Was told decisions would be made in 2-3 days. I emailed after that and then a second email a couple days after. The recruiter emailed a week later with a generic email saying they moved forward with others. Would have been nice to receive some kind of message acknowledging my emails, even if you didn't have updates at the time.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions: How do you prioritize when you have a candidate onsite, last minute cancellation, received request for interview loop.....   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

One Phone Interview. Three questions. Leetcode Medium level.

Then onsite after two weeks. 4 rounds of whiteboard interviews. Interviewers we pretty chill. One leetcode easy and other questions were of leetcode hard level. Screwed up the easy question (brain freeze I guess). Managed the hard questions with the best possible complexity but missed a few edge cases and some silly mistakes that could have been avoided. I guess they look for a complete working solution with the best time complexity. Got a generic reject mail within 2 weeks.

Overall a positive experience !

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Typical process. Two phone interviews, one onsite interview. Finally rejected after onsite interview. Facebook recruiters seem to act very respectful until they want a candidate. Once they do not need a candidate anymore, recruiters are not responsive. Travelled all the way to PaloAlto for onsite interview. I felt like I did well .But five days after the interview, I myself had to follow up with recruiter for decision. Then recruiter emailed me saying that she has an update and she asked me free time for taking a phone call the next day. I was eagerly waiting and there was no call from her. I had to remind her the next day to call me. Then the recruiter called and said its a reject. I asked for feedback and she says there is no feedback and its just overall evaluation. Actually, I was told by the recruiter that facebook would give feedback on interviews but it was completely opposite after the onsite interview.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The whole process included one phone interviews and one on-site. The phone interview evaluated SQL and Coding(any language) skills. The on-site focused on business sense, data modeling, problem solving and results presentation. The coordinator was very professional and helpful on interview prep and scheduling. Great experience.

Facebook University Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Two back-to-back interviews after a facebook tour. The first one is more quantitative and the second one is more qualitative. Need some analytical acumen to answer the questions but overall no technical questions about data analytics.