Facebook Interview Questions in Palo Alto, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

171 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

My resume was submitted through a referral. So got a first call for basic screening and then she said the recruiter will call you. She seemed to be very new to industry and very immature. She asked me 3-4 questions. She said after that I am not suitable for the job. I have received at least 5-6 inmails after that from different recruiters from facebook that my profile looks perfect for the position and if I have time to speak to them.

Interview Questions

• How many years you have done technical recruiting?
      Where do you find candidates?
      What do you think you will have challenges if we hire you? or what are the reasons you will not get hired?   2 Answers

Data Scientist - Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The first step was a recruiter phone interview. We went over my skills and background (mostly based on the info I provided on my resume). The recruiter also gave me detailed info about the position, the job location and generally about the company.

The second step was a video interview with the hiring manager. This interview involved SQL, Python, Product Analytics and basic Machine Learning. This stage went really well.

The final stage was the on-site interview. There were 5 interviews in total. 2 of them involved Product Analytics. 2 of them involved coding and data manipulation and one was purely statistics and probability.

It was a great interview overall but I got an offer somewhere else that I really wanted and had been waiting for and had to discontinue the interview process.

Interview Questions

• There are two mobile restroom stalls at a construction site where I work.
      There are also three situations that have an equal chance of occurrence:
      a. none of them is occupied
      b. only one of them is occupied
      c. both are occupied

1. If I were to pick one at random, what is the probability that it is occupied?
      2. If it turns out that that first one I go to is occupied and I decide to try the other one, what is the probability that the second one is also occupied?   11 Answers

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was recruited through LinkedIn. There was a bit of disjointedness as I was handed off to various recruiters and personnel throughout the process.
    There was an initial phone screening, then a video interview with 2 product designers, and then finally an on-site where I gave a presentation to several product designers, then had a whiteboarding session, followed by 2 1-on-1 interviews and then lunch with a designer.
    They were eager to set up each phase of the interview process but very slow to follow up. After my video interview it was 3 weeks before I heard that they wanted to move forward. Most frustratingly, after my on-site interview they never got in touch at all. So I assume they were not interested, but did not have the courtesy to even tell me so.

Interview Questions

• They are fond of picking an app and "reviewing" it together.   Answer Question

Facebook Response

Aug 17, 2016 – Your Friends at Facebook

We're sorry to hear about your experience and the lack of follow-up from your recruiter. Every candidate moment matters to us and we'll leverage this feedback to improve our experience.

Developer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Got a call through a recruiter. First level technical screen was done by the recruiter. After I cleared this test, the next was a phone screen with an engineer in the team. The whole process was very professional and smooth.

The phone screen had 2 coding questions that I had to solve in 1 hour. They were easy. Read leetcode if you want to crack facebook interviews. I solved both the problems, but my code missed edge cases. I think they want people who can get it right perfectly in the first go(which is kind of expected ). My bad luck.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Had a phone call from recruiter, from my linked in profile. Recruiters were polite. Had a 1st round onsite interview, then got invited for the 2nd round.

The questions will be of easy to average difficulty if some time is spent in brushing up the basic algorithms (from arrays to graphs). There in lies the problem, i,e. questions are not challenging. I answered all questions, with efficient solutions. There was no indication what so ever from the interviewer if there was anything wrong in my solutions. However, I'm guessing that since I couldn't finish in time to run through couple of examples, I got rejected. They don't give any grace period, if there's no time left, they end it abruptly. I guess they want to be fair to everyone. There was absolutely no feedback from any of the interviewers during the process, so it's hard understand what are they looking for, if anything is going wrong. This is true for the system-design as well.

In my case looks like the decision was already made before lunch, the last round interviewers seemed completely un-interested. One of them was on the laptop typing continuously while I was presenting my solution.

I'm sure they are able to find people who are able to code the solution in time. In my opinion, for most, this is only possible if you have already coded same or similar problem. There are tons of websites that lists the questions. Just spend enough time to practice them in coding.

The interviews are less about problem solving ability, it's more about finishing the code in time. This process has worked from them and they will continue to follow it. Keep practicing writing the code, if you are lucky you'll get one of the questions that you are already familiar with.

There was no feedback from the recruiter except I didn't get through.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter will send a link to websites that is meant to help you in preparation. If you spend enough time practicing those questions you can get through. Spend enough time writing code. The questions are not hard.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Awful overall process. Had a phone interview and then on-site. On site interview was too generic. Facebook followed up with asking for references, then academic transcript which took two weeks. Then Facebook asked me to solve a coding puzzle and after one month, said no. The overall process was unorganized and length and even if I had gotten a job offer, I don't think it was pleasant in any way. In contrast, Google's interview process was much smoother and they replied within a week of on-site. Facebook should learn a thing or two from Google.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

a) Recruiter screening
    b) Phone interview with hiring manager
    c) 5 rounds of onsite interviews with hiring manager and peers..each for about 30 minutes with no break in between.
    Opportunities provided to ask questions about the role. Brevity is key. I could see the team getting bored by detailed answers

Interview Questions

• Primarily focused on experience...behavioral questions e.g. what was a challenging situation, tell me about a time you resolved stakeholder conflict etc.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me after reviewing my credentials. Set up schedules to talk with me on the phone as a pre interview. Asked me general questions about what I do.
    Eventually, was set up with a single phone interview with Jon Ehlen. He didn't ask me too many technical questions, he did most of the talking. I passed this stage and was flown out to Palo Alto for a day long face to face. I interviewed with mostly mechanical engineers but had one interview that was totally personality based. Last interview was with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how to determine the difference between these two materials.   1 Answer
    • Given a set of design constraints. Design an outdoor wireless router   Answer Question
    • What is the process you go through to develop a product?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with an underperforming teammate?   Answer Question
    • What techniques are used to mitigate rotational vibration on a hard disk?   Answer Question
    • When you source manufacturing, how do you ensure they are building what you intended to design?   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with designs that didn't work the first time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted by one recruiter a few weeks after submitting the application. I had one phone screen technical interview. After waiting for a week, I received feedback and got invited for the onsite interview. The onsite had only one technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Checking certain patterns of the given string.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Great, the interviewer are really patient and very helpful during the interview process. You definitely can ask some guides for the interview questions. They don't limit your language to write code so just use the language which you are most comfortable with. On-site interview and university day of Facebook is really amazing. They will lead you to explore the whole Facebook campus and introduce a lot of fun stuffs of Facebook. Also, the food in Facebook is very very good. So glad I got the part!