Facebook Interview Questions in Palo Alto, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 28, 2017

3.2

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

a) Recruiter screening
    b) Phone interview with hiring manager
    c) 5 rounds of onsite interviews with hiring manager and peers..each for about 30 minutes with no break in between.
    Opportunities provided to ask questions about the role. Brevity is key. I could see the team getting bored by detailed answers

Interview Questions

• Primarily focused on experience...behavioral questions e.g. what was a challenging situation, tell me about a time you resolved stakeholder conflict etc.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me after reviewing my credentials. Set up schedules to talk with me on the phone as a pre interview. Asked me general questions about what I do.
    Eventually, was set up with a single phone interview with Jon Ehlen. He didn't ask me too many technical questions, he did most of the talking. I passed this stage and was flown out to Palo Alto for a day long face to face. I interviewed with mostly mechanical engineers but had one interview that was totally personality based. Last interview was with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how to determine the difference between these two materials.   1 Answer
    • Given a set of design constraints. Design an outdoor wireless router   Answer Question
    • What is the process you go through to develop a product?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with an underperforming teammate?   Answer Question
    • What techniques are used to mitigate rotational vibration on a hard disk?   Answer Question
    • When you source manufacturing, how do you ensure they are building what you intended to design?   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with designs that didn't work the first time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted by one recruiter a few weeks after submitting the application. I had one phone screen technical interview. After waiting for a week, I received feedback and got invited for the onsite interview. The onsite had only one technical interview.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Great, the interviewer are really patient and very helpful during the interview process. You definitely can ask some guides for the interview questions. They don't limit your language to write code so just use the language which you are most comfortable with. On-site interview and university day of Facebook is really amazing. They will lead you to explore the whole Facebook campus and introduce a lot of fun stuffs of Facebook. Also, the food in Facebook is very very good. So glad I got the part!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Messaged recruiter on LinkedIn a few months after being initially contacted. Set up for a phone screen about a week later.

Phone screen consisted of online whiteboard with a question which took majority of interview time.

Interview Questions

• Given an array that is mostly sorted, find an entry in the array. E.g. [5,6,1,2,3], or [100,101,5,8,12] are valid input.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview organization is not very good. The interviewer of one phone interview was absent, wasting one afternoon. Onsite organization is really good.
    All questions are ordinary, seems they more care about the communication b/w you and the interviewer, and that is probably the reason I got rejected.
    Feedback was really fast, 3 days after interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic algorithm questions, no hard or surprising one. For example, merge two ordered list.   1 Answer
    • Asked for the project you did, and details about the one you think you learned the most.   Answer Question

Quantitative User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I first had a brief screen with a recruiter. After that, I had two separate video interviews with user experience researchers. After passing these, I was scheduled for an onsite interview. They sent me an exercise 3 days in advance of the interview. I was told to prepare a 30 min presentation on the exercise. This was presented first thing during the onsite interview, to 4 people from the team. I then interviewed with each of those team members.

The process was quick - I got responses the next day for almost all interviews. The recruiters were great and helpful, and the researchers were very nice, interesting, and fun to talk to. Unfortunately I did not make the cut.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see Facebook in 5 years from now?
      Give an example of when you showed entrepreneurial spirit.

Pick a user experience problem on Facebook that is relevant to FB's mission and propose a research plan.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

HR sent me email to let me choose to interview onsite or through phone.
    I choosed to do it on site. Everything was great, we had good chat at there.

The whole process tooks about 45 minutes in a small room. I was asked to code on a white wall.
    The question was not that hard, but I was too nervous to code it with several obvious bug - although I figure them out by myself.

I got rejected in the next day for no reason. I've heard that they are looking for bugs-free programmer.

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email, I'm still not sure how he found my info. I had an initial phone screen with him where he asked about my experience and asked me some simple iOS SDK questions. About a week later, I had a technical phone interview with one of their engineers. He asked me more advanced iOS SDK questions. The third interview was on site. It was about a 5 hour process and I had 5 different interviews with 7 different people. The engineers were really cool and easy to talk to, but the whole white boarding process is not my favorite.

Interview Questions

• Write a method to compare two binary trees.   1 Answer
    • Asked me to architect an app that pulls photos from a server and displays them in a feed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Got contacted through LinkedIn. Did an in person interview which went very u well and was invited to California for a full interview loop. I feel the questions they ask are not particularly hard except for the design question (it was called a Pirate interview). In the future would concentrate on that one

Interview Questions

• Implement regular expression parser   1 Answer
    • Clone a linked list with arbitrary pointers to other nodes   2 Answers