Facebook Product Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

3.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

3x Phone screen, 1x on-site. Looong waits in between. Conversation with recruiter was fantastic. They said I would only be asked to write SQL on-site. I was asked to write SQL during the phone screen... Interviewers seemed rushed and unprepared. :(

Interview Questions

• How would you set goals for the product team?   1 Answer
  • How does <insert product name> make money?   1 Answer
  • Various SQL questions (where vs. having, group by, sub-queries)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who works at Facebook, and it took about a month for a recruiter to get in touch with me via email. I then had a phone interview with someone who works as a product analyst. The beginning was mostly basic interview questions (what do I do in my current position, what is the coolest thing I have learned in my job, etc). Then I was asked a brain teaser in the vein of the ping pong ball/747 questions, with a Facebook theme. Next a dice probability question and finally a few SQL programming questions, which we did on a shared screen. The recruiter got back to me one week after the interview, I didn't make it to the next round.

Everyone was professional and the process was efficient except for the lag in getting contacted in the beginning.

Interview Questions

• The brain teaser. I didn't think that companies were asking these questions anymore so it caught me off-guard. It wasn't too hard though.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Initial phone interview testing SQL competence and some analytical thinking. After this, they have an on-site, which consists of five or six short interviews testing SQL, probability/statistical skills, problem-solving with respect to a particular product. Overall a very pleasant process, and it all moves pretty fast, 1-2 weeks. SQL seems to be the only skill they really test for, which is nice, but also many people might be more comfortable doing certain tasks using other technologies, so SQL is heavily emphasized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online through my college recruiting and received notification from HR of a phone interview a few weeks later. Interview consisted up a few dice probability questions followed by a more difficult question on probability. The last question consisted of a few short programming questions. They say you can answer them in any language but they are ideally posed as SQL questions.

Interview Questions

• Two points are randomly placed on a line of length 1. What is the probability that the three segments created form a triangle?   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

I cannot go into detail, but the onsite interview process consisted of talking to various Facebook employees over the course of 3 hours. It was very well organized, and I had the opportunity to speak to employees at various positions in the company. Everyone was warm, courteous, and open to answering any questions I had.

But make no mistake, my analytical and coding abilities were tested early on, and later my general Facebook knowledge, experimental design, and business approaches were tested. I left the process feeling exhausted but satisfied that I had done nearly as well as I had hoped. There isn't much you can do to prepare for such a series of interviews, other than familiarize yourself with Facebook products. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Which Facebook product would you improve and how?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The overall process took about 4 months from initial contact to date of offer. It started off with a recruiter phone screen to determine which analyst role best fit my background. The second round included an on-site SQL/programming quotient mostly around being creative with SQL to get desired results and interpreting data. Round 3 was focused primarily on analytics and business acumen; specifically around metadata. Round 4, the final, was a combination of SQL, analytics, and probability.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Interview process consisted of one phone interview followed by onsite interview. Everyone was good to talk to and would always give you hints if you are stuck. Generally speaking, they dont talk much about what work or experience you might have. Their questions are more focused on what they would like to see in the candidate. Overall it was an average interview with general Database related questions.

Interview Questions

• They make you sign a NDA so I cannot post any interview questions here.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

An initial phone call from a recruited started off the process. There were two 30 minute phone interviews, one on SQL, and one on facebook itself. Following the phone interviews an on-site interview was set up. The on-site interview was five interviews in a row - very quick, and very technical. Throughout the process the recruiter was in contact via email and phone, making it a very easy process.

Interview Questions

• Probability theory questions - specifically on Bayes theorem   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

There were a number of different stages:
    1. HR screen. They asked pretty basic stuff - behavioral questions and my knowledge about Facebook.
    2. 1st Round interview - phone. Spoke with a product analyst. They wanted to gauge my analytical skills and asked basic SQL questions.
    3. 2nd round interview - phone. Same thing largely, except with a PA manager and more advanced SQL questions. With these questions, they were sharing a screen, and having me type out SQL commands in response to their questions to explore data about business problems.
    4. Full loop - in person. Went to Menlo Park for a full loop. Again, this involved a litany of questions about Facebook, ideas for the company, and heaps more SQL questions.

Interview Questions

• Pick one of the following Facebook products: Newsfeed, Photos, Mobile, Timeline.
      a. Define a database schema to support the product and related analytics.
      b. What are the 5 most import metrics for performance of the product?   1 Answer