Facebook Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 8, 2017

3.2

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed for a fairly senior IC (individual contributor) role. Was referred by an acquaintance working in the group, definitely accelerated my getting an interview. Initial round was a phone screen by the hiring manager (Director level?). Next round was on site, half-hour 1:1 interviews with maybe 5 different people, including other PMMs as well as cross-functional partners (PM, Emerging business). Different interviewers were assigned different "attributes" as focus areas: e.g. Strategy, Marketing, Leadership skills. Interviews were primarily behavior-based (vs. elaborate case studies) - e.g. "tell me about a time when..." Multiple interviewers asked me about leadership style / what feedback I had gotten from team members. There were a couple mini-case study type questions (e.g. "Let's explore business issue X together..."), but they were modest (e.g. 5-10min) compared to what you would see in a management consulting interview. No group interview or presentation type formats.

Interview Questions

• - Pick a physical product that you really like in the real world. Articulate the value proposition for me. What segments does it target? What's an example ad campaign you might come up with to market it?   1 Answer
  • - Tell me about some experiences you've had working with PMs that have gone well, and others that haven't gone so well.   Answer Question
  • - I assume you've used product X (product I'd be working on)? What are some strengths & opportunity areas that you see?   Answer Question
  • - Let's explore business issue X together. What kind of framework would you come up with to structure the problem, and then prioritize the opportunities?   Answer Question
  • - Give me an example of some difficult cross-functional relationships you've had, and how you managed them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Intensive interview process. I had one phone interview, then product exercise, two face to face. They dig a lot about team and cross-functional complexities. The hiring manager focuses more on big picture and strategic questions and peers dig into tactical examples from your background. Overall, I loved the experience and learnt a lot in the process. I hope I can work at FB in future.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about FB and how would you improve.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Applied through an employee referral. Recruiter circulated my resume for various roles and several hiring managers expressed interest. Interviewed for 1 role with hiring manager by phone, brought in for onsite with 5 folks. Recruiter thoroughly prepped me on the role & structure of questioning.

Interview Questions

• Each interviewer focused on a different theme: (1) Inbound - assess & communicate on tough problems (2) relational - assess ambiguous opportunities & drive decisions by convincing others (3) cross functional - interact across teams, to influence stake holders / executives who have different POVs & agendas to arrive at the right decision (4) outbound - enable sales and revenue, how do i position & market a product. what's the bigger picture.

This particular group cared less about my specific knowledge of FB's strategy and vision, and more how i thought about the industry and how the competition works. Questions were heavily focused on my own experience and how they relate to the above 4 themes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application online for two roles. I was contacted by a recruiter for one of the roles and she scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 30 minutes during which the recruiter described Facebook culture and benefits and asked me some standard interview questions. I did not get much of an opportunity to ask my own questions due to the time allocated. I wish I had been more assertive within the context of each interview question.

Interview Questions

• Describe a successful marketing campaign you developed and why it was successful.   Answer Question
    • Describe a role you held where you had to influence the software or UI and what you were able to accomplish.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter after I applied online. Very prompt recruiter with excellent turnaround time. After one telephonic interview with the hiring manager, I was called onsite for a set of 4 interviews with hiring manager, the head of department, one colleague and one more person.

Great set of interviews and very smart conversations. Questions were centered around the industry, how will I add value. Questions probing past experience and how that can be applied to the new role. I would suggest to do some good research about all Facebook products as that really helps.

I was contacted after the onsite to have a final video call with some colleagues but I had two offers in hand, so I said no. My choice was dictated also by my personal situation else I would have definitely considered Facebook as my first choice.

Interview Questions

• How would you tackle a client situation with Facebook products   Answer Question

Had two other offers in hand

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me by email after seeing my resume on LinkedIn and finding my resume on FB's database - previous internal referral. We scheduled a call and had a brief conversation about the position and about Facebook. I was very interested in the position - Platform PMM - and decided to go on-campus to interview with the PMM team.

When I got to the FB campus I was greeted by the recruiter, who showed me around the campus. I was pretty impressed. Cool graffiti painted walls, all open space, multiple eating and dining areas, open bars in each building. Then I met with the interviewers, two PMM's who made me feel comfortable from the beginning. I had two half hour interviews focused on:
    - Their hiring needs: organizational needs, positions they were hiring for and what those positions entailed.
    - My professional experience: they asked a couple of questions about what I do and about some of the steps I took in my career.
    - Case study / brainstorming product improvements. We focused specifically Facebook Login and App Install Ads. This was the most challenging part and the most interesting as well. Even though I prepared a lot for the interview, I guess I did not do as well as I thought. :)

Overall, the whole process took about two weeks. I believe I would fit with the culture and could see myself working with the interviewers. Unfortunately I did not pass to the next round, but had a great time!

Interview Questions

• What would you do to improve the FB Login product (Platform side)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

The interview process can seem disorganized - probably because they interview so many people it's hard to keep track of the schedule. I had 2 phone interviews, both with Product Marketing Managers. They asked questions you would expect: Why do you want to work at FB? What do you want to work on at FB? What's your favorite FB app and why? How would you improve your favorite application?
    After passing the phone interviews, they brought me out for an on-site interview. I met with 3 PMMs - one interviewer was late and there was general confusion about the interview schedule. But in general, every one was very nice. The work environment is open, casual, and dynamic. Every one seems genuinely happy to be there. One word of advice: there aren't any tough interview questions to help separate you from the pack, so I think you need to be prepared to step it up during the interview and impress them on your own. Clearly, I didn't receive an offer so this is just my guess.

Interview Questions

• How would you market X feature to the application developers, given you have limited time/resources?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2016.

Interview

30-minute phone screening interview and a face-to-face interview.

The process was a joke. For the phone screen, I was asked to dial in to a common number. Interviewer did not show up. Claimed that he dialed in too and did not find me.

Subsequent interview proceeded as planned. Then had a decent 1-on-1 with the hiring manager. After 2 months of no news, I enquired on the outcome. Was told that they decided to change the job scope of the vacancy and hired someone else.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in February 2015.

Interview

I did 6 interviews over the span of 1 month and a half from initial phone screen to the final interview. The recruiting team was very facilitative and helped move me through the process as smoothly as they could. All hiring managers were really smart and were very friendly. They asked broad enough questions to get any candidate thinking while still being relevant within the scope of the interview. They also replied respectfully when asked questions at the end of the session. It was overall a gratifying experience even if I don't end up working for them

Interview Questions

• If you were to launch a new facebook advertising product in Indonesia, how would you do it?   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Started with email appointment to call. Then call lasted about 10 mins asking if I knew which job I'm applying, why I wanna the job and what I can do to make it better.