Facebook Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 26 of over 8,078.0 interviews

What Facebook employees are saying

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Chicago, IL) in Jul 2019

Interview

The hiring process was pretty straight forward as follows: 30 mins. Prescreen with HR 30 mins. Interview with hiring manager 30 mins Virtual conference with teammate 3 hour onsite interview with manager + 3 teammates

Interview Questions
  • Tell me how you would hold the line and push back against leadership?
    Answer Question
  • What would be your process in taking a new product to market? (Case-like question)
  • What is the professional achievement you're most proud of?
  • Why are you interested in working for FB?
10 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in Jul 2019

Interview

Had a recruiter call, then scheduled for an interview day where you go in and meet a few folks. Each interviewer has a set of questions targeted towards 1. Communication skills 2. Critical thinking 3. Outbound marketing. Recruiter prepped with me and was super helpful. One thing to note is that they absolutely still do case studies like: how many telephone booths are there in New York? As much as companies of equal stature ( cough google) are doing away with this type of questioning Facebook still chooses to gear the questioning towards folks who have a consulting background. Unfortunately, if you don't have that background or an MBA then you likely will not get very far. Such a shame considering there are many folks who could absolutely excel at the job even though they don't have a consulting background. One of the interviewers was a bit snarky when I had some questions about the market rather than the role itself - it was somewhat inappropriate. I would think you would appreciate a candidate asking deeper questions about the market. After the interview, I did not hear from the recruiter again. Not exactly the experience I was expecting from a large company like that but I guess if you are hiring like crazy then I guess you only have the time to reach out to those who are getting offers. All in all, the rest of the process was good. Just would have wished for more communication and more relevant interview questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to influence roadmap? How many mattresses are sold annually in the US?
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England, England) in Apr 2019

Interview

The interview process was 5 rounds, I've made it to the 4th round. It was in London and consisted of: 1. HR screening round 2. Hiring manager call 3. 4 interviews on site (competency based) 4. Case study presentation to a panel (sent couple days prior to the day)

Interview Questions
  • What's your biggest fear in joining facebook, how would you improve x product
1 person found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

After the Human Resource personnel screened me, he passed me to the hiring manager for a phone interview. It was a phone interview with some basic starter questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you had to convince someone something.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England, England) in Nov 2017

Interview

4 rounds: 1) screening call with HR contact 2) 30 min skype call with hiring manager 3) 4 x 45 min interviews with members of the team, including a case study presentation 4) 30 min chat with HOD

Interview Questions
  • What are the biggest challenges marketers face today? What are advertisers looking for from online advertising? What is an advertising campaign that you found effective recently? How do you work in teams?
8 people found this interview helpful