Facebook Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Program Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

4 interview rounds - recruiter, hiring manager, in-person with 5 team members/stakeholders, final round with hiring manager again.

Recruiter was amazing - a cheerleader for me the entire time. He took the time to prep me for the interviews and gave me candid and supportive feedback after every round. He was great with follow through as well every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• - Why do you want to work at Facebook?
    - Describe a time you were not successful professionally and what did you learn?
    - Real-time "build a program" scenario from case with interviewer
    - How do you prioritize competing projects/goals/stakeholder requests?
    - What would be your approach to XX scenario questions
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial screen with recruiter, then 30 min w/hiring manager, following 2 video interviews and 3 on site interviews. Very efficient process, also got to speak with a recruiter for 30mins for a prep session which was extremely useful in knowing how to prepare.

Interview Questions

• What is your passion?   3 Answers
    • Give an example of how you've worked with cross-functional teams and what role did you plan?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone rounds with recruiter, one phone interview with peer, and an eight person on campus interview. All in all it moved relatively quickly and was straight forward. The recruiter was very helpful. The in-person round was intense, as should be expected.

Interview Questions

• What would a former manager from 5 years ago say you had to improve on / were your weaknesses?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

a) Recruiter screening
    b) Phone interview with hiring manager
    c) 5 rounds of onsite interviews with hiring manager and peers..each for about 30 minutes with no break in between.
    Opportunities provided to ask questions about the role. Brevity is key. I could see the team getting bored by detailed answers

Interview Questions

• Primarily focused on experience...behavioral questions e.g. what was a challenging situation, tell me about a time you resolved stakeholder conflict etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very impressive and efficient interview process. The internal recruiter was extremely helpful and supportive. He was able to provide tips and tricks to make the process more successful. I am looking forward to hearing more from them in regards to additional interviews.

Interview Questions

• What were some of the challenges you experienced in the field and what did you do to overcome them?   Answer Question

Facebook Response

Apr 19, 2016 – Your Friends at Facebook

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're happy to hear that your interview experience was positive & efficient. Please stay connected with us through our talent communities! Facebook Careers ... More

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I think some parts of Facebook recruitment is questionable. For a PM role they ask technical questions that are not relevant info that ANY PM can get from the project team, Like system architect, etc.
     IF a company does not have smart SME for a PM to leverage then something is wrong.
    Either Facebook asks stupid interview question to reject candidates to they can justify to the government that they need H1 visa for folks from India since they could not get the right person in USA, OR they are discriminating with age by weeding out older candidates with dumb questions.
    I can GUARANTEE you if you ask some very basic physics or science questions from high school to FB CEO or R&D director he will fail BEST hiring manager DONT ask technical questions, they know what they can do with the right candidate just by speaking with them. Stop discriminating and stop using silly interview tactics.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Applied through company portal. Contacted for initial recruiter screening, followed within 48 hours a phone screen with the hiring manger. After the a few days was invited to Menlo Park of an on-site interview loop. On-site I had 7 separate 45 minute interviews discussing my background and Facebook's current position and troubled areas. First interview was with the step-manager and final was a cultural fit interview. About one week after the loop had a follow up meeting with the hiring manager to close out open questions after which was advised that I would be offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or difficult. I have experienced several loops of this nature in the past and it followed a similar process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Longer than I hoped. I was already working for a competitor and therefore the recruiter had to find the balance with what I was already making with available budget.

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I had a really positive overall experience during the interview and hiring process. My recruiter and hiring manager were so good at communicating next steps and they would follow up weekly to let me know where the team was at in the process. I had an initial phone interview, then fly out for an onsite interview in Menlo Park which was back to back interviews with four or five people, and then I had one last phone interview a few weeks later. The team I joined all emailed me when I accepted the offer congratulating me and welcoming me to the team, pretty awesome gesture and warm Facebook welcome. It really helped assure me I had made the right choice.

Interview Questions

• There isn't one question that stands out as most difficult. For me, it was more about discussing my experience and skills and figuring out if there was a good fit overall.   1 Answer