Facebook Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Recruiter Interview Questions

Interviews at Facebook

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Not a good candidate experience. They gave the impression they were in a big hurry and not well organized. Not many relevant questions. No closer, No outcome. No further communication

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter.

A week later, the hiring manager emailed me to say she needed to reschedule our phone call. That's fine, except I never received a email from anyone letting me know of a next step or that I was scheduled to speak with a hiring manager. The hiring manager and I exchanged emails and scheduled ourselves to chat the following day. The hiring manager let me know she wanted to move forward and meet with me onsite.

A week later the recruiter called and asked for my on-site availability. I received a confirmation email for a day/time I didn't provide and wasn't available.

I contacted the recruiting coordinator and Recruiter by email to let them now of the scheduling mistake. I didn't hear back from anyone. I called the Recruiter and recruiting coordinator and left voicemails letting them know of the scheduling mistake. The following day the recruiter called back and said that it was her fault, she gave the recruiting coordinator the wrong dates. A day later, I was scheduled per my availability to come onsite.

Onsite, my first interview was a video call, but the video didn't work. I had to find someone sitting near the conference room to troubleshoot, but they couldn't get the video working. The other interviews went smoothly. I didn't meet with the hiring manager I spoke with on the phone which was strange.

I was told by the Recruiter she would sync up with the interviewers at the end of the week. I didn't hear back after two weeks.

I called the Recruiter and left a voicemail. I didn't hear back for several days. I emailed the Recruiter to follow up again. A day later the recruiter called and said she just spoke with the interviewers that day and feedback was positive but moving forward with others.

I had a terrible recruiting experience every step of the way. There were errors and mistakes at every stage. I felt like the Recruiter could care less about my experience or her job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter gave me a call, we had a quick chat about the role and requirements, I was scheduled quickly and brought in to meet the team. Interview questions were tough but fair. At the end of the interview, the hiring manager offered me a job on the spot, she said she just needed to circle back with the recruiter, which was surprising but awesome. Then the recruiter called me that evening, and asked me to come back and meet with the hiring manager to answer some follow up questions. At the end of that meeting, the manager, said "yep, definitely want you on my team, I'll loop back with the recruiter on next steps"...then the recruiter wrote to me later and asked me to do a follow up call with the hiring managers, manager. At the end of my call with the hiring manager, he asked me about start date, we aligned and he said he would loop back with the recruiter on next steps, and then... the recruiter calls me after a few days, and says we are going with someone a bit more senior, but, the feedback is great and they want to keep me in the mix for other roles. In the end, I declined to be looked at for other openings. I realize nothing is final until its in writing, but, you shouldn't lead candidates on about giving them an offer, discuss compensation, relocation, and then pull out at the last minute.

Interview Questions

• Describe my sourcing process?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on a phone screen with a recruiter, then an onsite set for 7/7/2017. The person who was my recruiter, ended up calling me on the day off, and said that unfortunately one of the interviewers called in sick. I was called literally 40 mins before my scheudled interview, so I rescheudled for 7/12/2017. My recruiter who I dealt with actually couldn't make it to my onsite (personal issue at home) so I ended up meeting with around 4 recruiter's. The sessions were very positive, including a remark from one recruiter that I would be a perfect sourcer for the team. After my interviews, I wrote back to my recriuter and shared feedback but also my thoughts in wanting to focus on a more Peoples operations role. My recruiter clearly mentioned that he will keep me in mind for future openings, and also share feedback from my interview that day. I followed up on 7/18 and then 8/8, when I finally got a reply. In that email I did express fustration and also challenged the recruiter that it isn't very nice to go dark on candidate's particularly if you say you would get back to someone the same day. In any case he apologized and said that the lack of feedback and quietness reflected towards my candidacy, and he didn't know whether I was officially closed out or not. Overall, he continued to say he will keep my mind for future openings. I wasn't impressed, I found the interview process messy, unorganized and not very thoughtful. I think the brand is terrific and I enjoyed meeting the team, even had one interviewer who seemed very positive about bringing me on board by saying I would be 'perfect' for the role.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you scale the recruiting process, talk me through this with examples?
      2. How do you deal with difficult negotiations particularly when closing a deal with salary/equity.
      3. Give me some examples of how you dealt with difficult hiring manager's when trying to meet hiring targets and expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out. Apparently reaching out to everyone with a pulse right now. Scheduled a phone screen with basic screening questions, moved to on site interview. It was like an assembly line with other recruiters waiting in the lobby for their call. American Idol tryouts. Met with 3 people and they seemed rushed but nice. They showed me all the cool artwork and food in the office. Seemed chaotic. They later sent a form rejection email and offered no feedback, which is the least i expect when a passive candidate is approached by a recruiter. You would think with all the Feels and values this company alludes, giving feedback would be standard. Nope. Its a big corporation now that views you as a moving part. They have hired some questionable recruiters and have turned it into an internal agency where recruiters are competing against one another. Thank you for showing me the good days of Facebook have passed.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I was contacted via a Linkedin inmail for a Recruiting position at Facebook. The first inmail came on Nov. 7, 2017. I responded back via Linkedin and email on Nov. 10 to set up a call with the Recruiter. She responded pretty immediately setting up a call for a few business days from our email exchange. After never calling me, I followed up with her via email again. She was out of the country and asked to schedule when she returned a week or so later. I will give her credit for reaching out after her return, but it was at least 2 weeks later bc she said she had gotten sick after returning from the vacation. At that time she looked to reschedule the call with me. I responded to her with available days and times and never heard back. Over a 4-5 week period, I was strung along which didn't so much bother me as a person since I wasn't an active job seeker and very much enjoy what I do with my current employer, BUT as a professional in the field it very much bothered me as you would expect a brand like this to offer great candidate experience, including their sourcing and recruiting process.

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone screen - full onsite.....meet with recruiter/ phone call. onsite interview of 3/4 recruiters, each one covers different topics, also checks on your recruiting skills, each interviewer covers a different topic

Interview Questions

• Recruiting background , technical questions, collaboration   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

It’s bad. Really bad. Not sure how a recruiter process run by recruiters can be this bad. No real clue of what teams are hiring. You don’t even talk to who your manager would be during the process. Zero selling. Some nice people involved along the way but a complete cluster and you feel like you are being sent down an assembly line.

I hear from other recruiters there that if you can get past the terrible process for recruiters that it’s actually a great job and the company is great. R4R is broken though and the worst process I’ve ever experienced especially if you care at all about candidate experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a Recruiter, had a brief phone interview, and was scheduled for an on-site interview, which ended up being pushed back a couple times. My on-site interview was scheduled to be with 3 people, and I ended up meeting with 6. The actual hiring manager seemed very disengaged, spending most of the time looking at her phone and did not ask me one question, just asked me "what do you want to know about the role?". They focused their questions a lot on candidate experience, seemingly because they lack any current emphasis on that. I didn't hear a word back for over 2 weeks until I reached out to the original recruiter and was informed that it wouldn't be going further, but he wanted to keep in touch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Washington, DC) in June 2018.

Interview

I was reached out to by a recruiter for recruiter LinkedIn message before moving forward to the phone screen with the Team Lead. That was when the role was explained to me. The phone screen lacked enthusiasm and lacked information. It did not excite to move forward. But it's Facebook. One week later I received an email to set up an in person interview for 3.5-4 hours. Once again, I had no other conversation around the role. The prep email was generic. And my schedule of who I was meeting changed three times. Fast forward to interview. There is not any type of prep of what to do onsite so it felt awkward. Especially since their "security" front desk in office was not welcoming and acted as if you should know where to go and what to do. I was walked in by another Recruiter who briefly showed me the new office. Decorated brightly but smaller than I thought. My negotiation interview lacked the proper details and the interviewer lacked enthusiasm. Basically try this negotiation problem based on math but not human behavior. The second interviewer was energetic and felt more of a conversation. The final interview was about sourcing and felt more like probing to give details on how to source and where I pull from. Throughout the whole interview, it felt more like they were trying to get information about where I work and their competition than caring about me as a Recruiter. In a nutshell, this team is impersonal and does not do their own research. Facebook would be cool to have on your resume but that's all. There does not seem to be any opportunity or growth opportunities.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you could teach others that you do really well in regards to sourcing?   Answer Question
    • You have a 2 years of experience Engineer who is making $200K. Facebook gives him an offer with $140K base, 10% bonus, $10K sign on and. He's interested in base salary only. How do you sell him?   Answer Question
    • What companies do you find your candidates?   Answer Question
    • What does your company offer?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you worked for a difficult client.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made an offer and did not get the outcome you thought you would.   Answer Question