Facebook Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Facebook Recruiter Interview Questions

Interviews at Facebook

2.7

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2018.

Interview

I was approached by a Sourcer via LinkedIn about the role, was they quickly arranged for a phonecall with a Recruiter to learn more about the role.

The Recruiter asked a lot of questions regarding why Facebook, why do I want to leave current company, and general questions to understand fit and motivations...but couldn't really give me any answers about the role or share any information when I asked questions.

A week later, I was asked to go onsite to their office to have a few interviews in-person and via video (it would take 3 hours of my day)

After telling them my availabilities, I didn't receive any type of email or call to confirm the 3-hour onsite interview (which would require me to take half a day off work) A week had passed and I didn't hear anything, I had emailed to follow up and they said they were still lining up times. I then got an email less than a day before and asked me to go in the next day.

I arrived onsite and was told the person who was supposed to interview me in-person decided not to come in the office that day, so my interview would be via video.

They were all separate video interviews with different people from the US and APAC offices. Each person turned up on screen in their pajamas. One guy looked like he had just woke up, he had disheveled hair and was still rubbing sleep from his eyes. Halfway through the interview, he seemed to have forgotten he was on video with me and I could see him rolling his eyes at my answers. My interviews ended after 3 hours at their office, sitting inside a conference room and then I left...I didn't see any part of their office other than reception and the one conference room. Didn't see the point of having to go to their office.

After 4 rounds of interviews, I was sent a system rejection email -- no feedback, no explanations.

For a company that kept saying that candidate experience is important to them, this was the worst experience I've had. The company is all talk and no real action.

Interview Questions

• General recruiter behavioural-based questions on stakeholder management, candidate engagement, ability to juggle competing priorities, etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

telephone screen - 3-4 interviews for sourcing, hiring manager management, talent attraction and career path. each person coming into the room for 30 minutes. Sourcing team, then team member, then manager, then recruitment manager

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2014.

Interview

Five interviews in total. First round was a phone interview with the recruiter, the next was a phone interview with the business and then finally I had four face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Facebook?
      If you could change one thing about the company, what would it be?
      Lots of hypothetical questions then regarding the role i.e. handling multiple stakeholders / candidate experience / talent pipelining, etc.
      Metrics & KPIs
      Innovative projects and process improvement   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2012.

Interview

Seemless. It seemed I was being sold the role more than I was interviewing for it. I had a phone interview with my manager to be. Then I was called to the office and met 4 people for 30 minutes each. All were very friendly and energetic. They seemed genuinely excited to meet me and enthusiastic about their jobs and the company they worked for.

Interview Questions

• You have been giving a job description to recruit for that is a brand new area for you. What do you do first?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Phone interview then they subsequently arrange you to gave 4 rounds of interview session with the staffing leads, approx 30 min each in their office via vc. After th at your hiring manager will meet you again to discuss and ask some questions.

Interview Questions

• Reason for leaving, how do u attract candidates, how would your manager rate you, why do u think we should hire you, what is your performance based on   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2014.

Interview

The process started with a relatively informal call with a Recruiter who gave background on the opportunity and answered all my questions. Next stage was a screen with the Hiring Manager. Final stage was a 2 hour meeting onsite with 4 people on the team for 30 minutes each. Each interviewer covered a particular area and it was informal in style. I expected some crazy questions to be thrown in but it was all very straightforward and enjoyable. The Recruiter kept me up to date on the timelines and prepared for every meeting.

Interview Questions

• Background, ability to build relationships with stakeholders, negotiation/closing skills and approach to proactive sourcing.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook in December 2015.

Interview

Had 3 (from 4) interviews in total. face-to-face interview was the worse experience I've ever had in my life. One out of 3 interviewers had me waited for over an hour without telling me how long I had to wait. I ended up waiting for nearly 2 hours, and still the person didn't show up. I interviewed with the other 2 interviewers which one of the 2 had less experience and asked less challenging question. Honestly, I didn't expect the questions to be so simple. I would definitely get the same kinda questions from any company. One interviewer mentioned to me that facebook aims to give good interview experience to everyone they interview and at facebook we treat and respect everyone the same. Well...what a shame!

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and the person I talked to was professional and convincing - being honest about working & living in Dublin. I liked it since both qualities are important aspects in recruiting.
    They are clearly looking for a good team fit and dynamic individuals that bring in fresh ideas.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

Interview

I had an initial phone screening with one of the recruiters. Within few hours she came back to me saying that she would like to proceed with me for the next stage. THis was a Skype interview with 4 people (2 recruiters-out of which one was the initial prescreener, 1 recruitment lead, 1 line manager from a team) She called me within 2 days saying that I was not the winner for the position. Overall it was very professional from her and I think they are quite quick.

Interview Questions

• All recruitment members tested various skillset (lots of behavioural question, team fitting etc)   Answer Question

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

The interviewer was 10-15 minutes late which didn't get the interview off to a great start. The interview was basic but when I asked questions regarding the company's vision, the recruiter was unable / unwilling to give me an answer. This made the call very awkward and I was made to feel like I'd asked a stupid question. I ultimately didn't hear back from the recruiter and was then approached a few months later for another job at Facebook by the same recruiter. The overall candidate experience was awful and I don't think it's acceptable to not provide feedback when a candidate takes time off / out of their days to interview.