Facebook Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.9

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

First an initial phone screen, then a 30 Skype interview, and the final round was three consecutive 30 minute Skype interviews. They were ver conversational interviews with lots of scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• Why recruiting? How do you handle stress? Applicable experience? Lots of scenario based questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Los Gatos, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

First a phone interview, then a week later video chat interview, then a week later on-site interview. Decision emailed a few days after interview. Interviews were shorter than than 30 minutes

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was brought on through a referral and the process was very standard. First, a phone screen with a hiring manager and then an onsite with a few members of the team. They're not trying to trick you with the questions. They just want to find out if you're a fit or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received negative feedback   2 Answers

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2016.

Interview

Had an initial phone screening and was told that I would hear back in a few days to schedule a video or in person interview for early the following week. After 2 weeks and no answer, I assumed I wasn't fit for the next steps. I then received an email after 2 weeks and responded immediately. Again, no response for 3 days.

I called and asked the status and was told they were working on scheduling and they would give me plenty of notice. Two days later, I was told I was scheduled for a video interview the following morning. After explaining that due to the short notice, I would not be able to go into work late for a video interview, but would be happy to do another phone interview while on an early lunch break. I was told that there's a lot of other candidates and all will be doing video so if I want to be considered I need to make it work.

I made it work and informed them that I will be doing the video interview from my phone. Two minutes into my interview, a call came up on my screen, which I immediately ignored and apologized to the interviewer if there was any information I missed when the call came up. She replied that it was no problem and we happily moved on with the interview for another 28 minutes.

Later that night I was told that Facebook passed and my interviewer mentioned that I took a phone call during my interview and that I was obviously distracted and had no prioritization.

Overall a lack of professionalism and experience during the whole interview process. I did not feel like I was a priority to them and had any value. Seemed like the mindset was that they are Facebook, and if you really want to work for them you will work around them and their needs. I understand to a point, but there was an apparent feel that candidate experience was not a priority.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?

What is important when building professional relationships?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

First there is a phone screen, 15 minutes.
    Second, on-site for 30 minutes.
    Third, four 30 minute interviews.
    Phone screen and second on-site went wonderfully - I was excited about joining Facebook.
    Third interview: I arrived, my escort was a bit socially awkward - I had to drive the conversation, which made me uncomfortable. Why send an anti-social person to greet a candidate? Every candidate, no matter how confident or educated, is going to be nervous at an interview. I have worked in the tech sector and know how important it is to acknowledge and accept candidate nervousness. First interviewer was great - showed genuine enthusiasm and interpersonal skills. Acknowledged my answers and took extensive notes. My second interviewer was friendly, as well. My third interviewer came in and immediately sent me bad vibes - she was checking her phone while I gave answers, and at one point interrupted me to say, "wait - I'm confused, I thought you said 'ABC' and not 'XYZ'?" I knew after meeting with her, that it would be a "no" vote. I was met with very harsh and judgmental looks. Fourth interviewer was a pleasure to meet. Overall, I walked away hoping I would get hired, since my previous role at a competitor was a lot more challenging than what was presented to me at Facebook.. The questions, however, during the third interview are primarily based on your negative attributes. I literally had a headache once I left, because Facebook's questions really hammered on what is wrong in your professional life - I get it, you're supposed to talk about how you "problem solve," but does every question have to focus on negatives?

Interview Questions

• -How would you handle a coworker you do not get along with ?
      -What is stress?
      -Tell us about a mistake you made.
      -Tell me about negative feedback you have received.
      -What would others say are your worst qualities?
      -What is a negative perception people have of you wherein you prove them wrong?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied via employee referral. I was contacted within 2 days via email and a phone interview was arranged. The phone screen was on time, brief and pleasant, I was invited to come onsite. The onsite was arranged quickly however I did not have the details of who I would be meeting with ahead of time, so I felt this put me behind, I didn't feel prepared. It was a struggle to check-in at the desk, apparently, my name wasn't in the system so it took a long time and the receptionist seemed annoyed. They also seemed annoyed when I asked to use the restroom, not a great first impression. The interviews were more questions versus conversations. Have lots of stories to tell, very behavior focused. The interviewees kept their heads down typing notes on their computers.

Interview Questions

• What is stress?
      What details do you need to arrange an interview?
      Lots of behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when...?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

1- submitted my resume through a friend for a couple different positions
    2- phone screen with a recruiter
    3- brought on for onsite. 5 thirty minute interviews.
    4- offer extended a couple hours after the interview ended.

Overall was a quick process. Everyone communicated well; I was impressed.

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Stage 1: Phone interview. One of the trickiest first interviews I have ever encountered too date. I spoke with the recruiting lead who was extremely nice and very professional.She knew exactly what type of person/skills she was looking for. A 20 minute conversation turned into a 50 minute conversation.

Stage 2: Panel interview in Facebook offices. I met with 3 Recruiters and a hiring manager. They were all very friendly and did there best to ensure I was not nervous. It was tough process, however no question proved extremely difficult.

It was great to meet with the people and overall the half day spent in Facebook was a very positive experience

Interview Questions

• Standard Recruitment type questions: why facebook? Why recruitment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was very happy with the compensation offered so no negotiation was needed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Was explained through the phone that the position was a contract position. The interviewer seem dis-interested and it was hard to gauge his evaluation of me. I had to e-mail them a few days after to check-in before they told me I didn't move on to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a time when an event you planned fell through.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Found the position on the site and notified my friend who is currently with the company. She was nice enough to give me a referral. It's good to keep in mind though that a referral at Facebook might get you a phone interview, but from that point forward you get no advantages. The phone interview went well and I was notified within a few days that I would be having a Skype interview for the 2nd round. I had the Skype interview less than a week later. I interviewed with four separate interviewers for about a half hour a piece. Everyone was very kind and did their best to make the interview have a comfortable atmosphere. I received the job offer within a few days of the Skype interviews.

This company wants passionate people that want to push the product forward, and have ideas on how that can happen. You need to be a problem solver than comes in (regardless of department) and tries to be a dependable member of the team.