Facebook Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2017

3.3

834 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Chatted with recruiter to see if was a reasonable fit. I have lots of experience in SV, so we decided to do a phone screen next. Since I'm local to FB HQ, they gave me the option of going onsite instead, which I did.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

First an initial phone screen, then a 30 Skype interview, and the final round was three consecutive 30 minute Skype interviews. They were ver conversational interviews with lots of scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• Why recruiting? How do you handle stress? Applicable experience? Lots of scenario based questions.   Answer Question

Security Engagement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was done with three phone interviews, which entailed asking questions about salary, requesting examples of work and other questions that in a regulatory compliance world should not be asked. If a company chooses to ask these questions at least ask this of your final candidates only, not the candidates you are screening on a first and second round. If an organization is practicing good security framework shouldn't the expectations be to avoid sharing internal confidential company information with external sources, this means verbally as well as electronically. Isn't this what you would expect of your own associates? I have to ask is this a double standard?

Interview Questions

• Why I was researching opportunities outside my current employer?   Answer Question
    • Provide examples of work electronically   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The recruiters and interviewers were great. The interview questions were about adding binary strings and about trees -- nothing too difficult. I did not get an offer, but it gave me confidence moving forward.

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The phone screen starts with going through basic Android questions, then we jump into the coding part where I was given two questions, the first is to find the kth smallest element in a array of integers, the other is to balance the parenthesis in a parenthesis sequence (can't remember the detail).
    During the onsite stage. I was given 4 coding questions in total, if you familiar with leetcode.com questions they are not too difficult to answer. I can't remember each one of them but there's buy and sell stock, merge k sorted list and etc. Remeber the questions may not be exactly the same as they appear on leetcome.com. If you use the website for your interview preparation be sure not to stick to the answer. You should always be able to solve a new problem in a given time slot. Make this your goal when you do your practice.
    I was also given a design question asking me to design a download manager. It won't be hard if know the SDK well.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

2 rounds of interview . First round (2 hrs) with 3 people and second follow up round (30 mins) and the recruiter never got back to me after my interview . Shame on you for asking me about candidate experience when you cannot create the same experience for a job seeker. It's been 2 weeks and I never heard back

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Okay, went to U-day and had a 45 minute interview and learned more about the company from the recruiters. Stayed from 10 - 3 and got lunch as well. Okay process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contact me by seeing my LinkedIn profile .He arranged onsite 45 min interview for me within week.Interview is mainly based on coding.After interview I got reply within a week .

Technical Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Initial call with a recruiter and then straight to an onsite. The onsite was with 3 people - each focused on a different thing (sourcing, client management, and offer negotiation).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult hiring manager, etc.   Answer Question

SWE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interviewer didn't really feel like he wanted to be there. Unlike the management leading up, once the process was winding down, it was a difficult to get a hold of them.