Facebook Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through employee referral in September, passed the phone interview for easy programming questions and explanations. The onsite interview was three rounds with one interviewer in each round. After two days I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• How can you get the longest path in a tree regardless the directions?   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter on linked in. Told them I wasn't in the process of looking for a job, and hadn't prepared for interviews yet, and they told me that they would be happy to wait for me to prepare and interview me. Gave me over a month to prepare, before I did 2 45 minute phone interviews.

Phone interview was pretty much exactly as everyone else explained. Note to readers: If you saw people who thought the interview process was easy, you also noticed that they didn't often get offers. They ask challenging questions, and expect you to explain your thought process in solving the problems. It was a challenging process, but very fair. I actually struggled quite a bit on my coding interview, but I did very well on my SQL portion, and because I communicated my thought process clearly in my coding section, they decided to move forward.

In departure from what I have ever experienced, I got a phone call from a manager explaining the onsite interview process to me, what he was generally looking for in a candidate, and what the general process was like. It was a really cool thing, I really felt like they wanted me to succeed, and that they weren't actively rooting against me.

The onsite was 3 full stack interviews. There were some questions that were pretty tough, but it was a realistic interview that really tested how you'd think and perform on a day to day basis.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much in line with what other people have been asked.   Answer Question

Android Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

referred by a friend, got a call from an recruiter after 2 days, then arrange a phone screen. Kind of easy question then got onsite invitation. 5 sessions in a day, 2 interviewers for each session. Three rounds are pure algorithm coding, one behavioral session in which 20 minutes about work experience and behavioral questions, then end with a coding question. One architect session.
    No that difficult, reply on how familiar with these asked questions. How good solution and how elegant code you can give.
    Got declined notification after 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• 1. Search word with . pattern in string array
      2. longest continuous zig-zag subarray in an integer array
      Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Usual Recruiter call, followed by tech screen. From my experience(two times) so far, The interviewers are junior engineers and looking to hire more college grads rather than experience person. It's not that I wasn't able to complete coding challenge but everytime they find some excuse to pass me on, even though I was able to complete the problem in time. Questions are pretty simple and very basic

For anyone taking interview at Facebook, without a referral I would recommend to avoid onsite for 1st round, and better take it on Phone.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Recruiter reached out on Linkedin. In the call we recruiter we discussed about my background and the fit in the role. Later we setup phone interviews SQL and Coding(Python). Both the interviews focused on basics. Recruiter will send study material and going through all those practice will be good enough for phone interviews. The key here is being fast at answering questions. Looks like the number of questions you answer correctly in the phone interview is important.

Interview Questions

• SQL:
      1. Get the states with more the than 100000 population
      2. Count the number of products which sold more than 10 units
      3. Get youngest customer who bought atleast 1 product
      4. Get the areas from which we have the products sold

Python
      1. Count the number of unique words in a sequence?
      2. Print the part of the array of numbers
      3. Check the substring in the string
      4. Question on exceptions
      Answer Question

Manager, Production Engineering Interview

Application

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, followed by a very soft-skills focused in-person interview (1 hour) with a Sr. Manager. The next step is a technical phone interview, which hasn't happened yet (but is already scheduled).

Interview Questions

• What's the hardest thing you do in your current management job?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Three-stage process: First, I had an interview with the recruiter who had found me on LinkedIn. Then had another interview over videoconference with the hiring manager. Finally, I went for an on-site interview in Menlo Park. It lasted four to five hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you group different Facebook products? Explain your logic.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me in LinkedIn and setup a phone interview. There were 2 persons on the phone call during the interview. First I was asked to talk about myself and a specific feature that I developed at my current work. Then I jumped onto the coding problem on coderpad. I didn't like the attitude or the vibe that I got from the interviewers (only one person was talking to me on the phone). At the end when I was asking questions about FB, he gave me a very generalized info and didn't really show any enthusiasm which right away made me figure out that he wasn't happy. Also during the interview, I think he wanted to give me a bit difficult challenge but he couldn't really explain to me clearly and hence I didn't understand what exactly he wanted. But on the other hand the recruiter was outstanding. She called me twice before the interview and reviewed the practice that I was doing for the interview. Even after the interview, she called me and explained to me the result and possible things which I could work on for next time.

Interview Questions

• Design and write code for a queue system which would include enqueue, dequeue, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Kickstarted this off with Facebook visiting my school for our career fair. They seemed pretty nice and gave on-campus interviews to virtually everybody who had decent GPA's and qualifications. On-camps was decent, nothing too bad. Then the night of the on-campus they sent me an email inviting me on-site to their Menlo Park office. They were pretty nice and organized about arranging everything from the hotel to plane ticket and it was overall a great experience. On-site consisted of just a single 45-minute technical interview. It was a little strange to me that they would be able to gauge our skills in this single interview, and I was absolutely correct about it. I was a bit slow in answering the question so I only got through one full question whereas other candidates got through one and rushed through a second. I wasn't too upset about it, but then they sent out to vast majority of us rejection emails. It wasn't too surprising because this was the dead-last round of interviews, only a week before they were supposed to finalize their list of incoming interns. Overall, it was a pretty positive experience, just wish I had better luck getting through their technical interview a bit faster.

Interview Questions

• Provide an algorithm to check whether a certain statement has balanced parenthesis or not.   1 Answer

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had an excellent Facebook interview experience and felt engaged and taken care of throughout the process, though hearing back on the hiring decision took several days later than promised.

I had a friend refer me internally for the position. I was contacted by e-mail shortly after by a recruiter, followed by a phone screening with the recruiter. The next week, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then about a month later, I had a video interview followed by an on-site interview. Before the interviews, I had a phone call with my recruiter to help prepare for the interviews.

My 30-minute video interview was with a team member in London. The first half was questions about my writing experience, and the second half was a writing and editing exercise.

I interviewed with three people on site, 30 minutes each, and met my recruiters several times during the day, including for lunch. The questions were challenging and related directly to examples of experiences in past and present positions.

I interviewed on a Monday and was told I'd hear back by the end of the week, but actually heard back the next Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• What is your 30, 60, 90 day and one year plan for this position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you've had to mediate a conflict.   Answer Question