Facebook Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

3.3

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I initially heard from my recruiter a few weeks after submitting my application. She setup a phone interview with one of their engineers. Overall, the question was pretty standard (Leetcode medium) and the interviewer was really responsive and helped to clarify some things. Heard back a couple days later that I was invited on-site to their Menlo Park offices. I flew out there a few weeks later, on their dime. The day consisted of a tour and a lot of information about the program and a 45 minute interview. I signed an NDA and can't say much about it, but the questions were pretty standard. I unfortunately got a bit too nervous and didn't perform as well as I could. I got a phone call from my recruiter the following Monday that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why Facebook?
      Q: Given a list of integers, find all sets of 3 integers that sum to 0

Head of User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Six months of them trying to define and redefine the role. Eight individual interviews followed by an in person formal presentation and 5 more individual interviews. Interviewed by junior folks for senior role.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

There were 3 stages to the interview process:

1) Recruiter interview:
    A great chat with a recruiter / sourcer who explained to me how the process would go and the kind of questions I should expect. Throughout the process the sourcer and the recruiter were extremely helpful in explaining what was next and what to expect.

2) Video interview:
    A product sense and an execution interview. Both interviewers were very courteous.

Execution #1 - The interviewer focusing on execution explained she would be interrupting me but that this wasn't something they usually did at Facebook. It's such a small thing but helped me be more relaxed about our interaction. I came out of the interview thinking I didn't do too well but received feedback after the fact from the recruiter that I had done well.

Product Sense #1 - The interviewer who focused on product sense nodded and smiled from time to time. It was difficult for me to understand whether I had performed or not.

3) On-site interview:
    I was in the interview process with other firms but coming on-site and meeting other product managers made it clear to me this was a great place to build product. Every PM who interviewed me with was sharp and interesting and I felt I had "permission to not hold back" which helped me give be clearer in my thinking and presentation.

Execution #2 - We dived into Facebook live. The interviewer asked tangential questions to test both big picture thinking, goal-driven and detail focused execution.

Product Sense #2 - This was such a fun interview. Letting go and thinking big and different is important (and fun) but it's also crucial to stick to a structure and go back to it.

Leadership & Drive - The interview was a (great) conversation but I found it useful to present things in a structured way as it made it easier for my interviewer to follow.

ADVICE:
    - Preparation books are useful but counter-productive after a first read and a pass on the exercises.
    - Use the books to create your own structure.
    - You've done the job and you know how to do it, now you just need to gather and organise your thoughts.
    - Blog about it as a way to reward yourself for the thinking process!

Interview Questions

• Execution #1 - You're the PM for Facebook pages. What features would you prioritise?   1 Answer
    • Product Sense #1 - Tell me about your favourite app.   1 Answer
    • Execution #2:
      You're the PM for Facebook live. What are your priorities?
    • Product Sense #2:
      What is your favourite product? Redesign it.
      Choose a Facebook product. Redesign it.
      1 Answer
    • Leadership & Drive - Tell me about a time where you had a difficult interaction with a colleague.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

applied through referral, got a phone interview with 3 simple coding questions, invited onsite for one 45 minute interview and a tour day of the HQ campus, got an phone call a week later

Interview Questions

• use bit operations to write a function that will determine if a number is a power of 2   6 Answers

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

First Round: Chat with a recruiter a little bit. Very simple.

Second Round: They have you chat with two designers via video conference for 45mins, back to back. One designer will walk through your portfolio with you, another will critique an app with you. I'd suggest you keep your portfolio presentation to 30 mins bc they'll interrupt with questions.

Third Round: Follow up with a recruiter where she tells you what they liked and didn't like. They feed you a ton of info and critiques! Don't get overwhelmed by it.

Fourth Round: On-site. 25-minute portfolio review and then a bunch of one-on-ones. Try to be unique in your portfolio presentation. They watch a lot of these so be a little creative. More importantly, make sure the story makes sense. If your story comes off jagged then people will lose interest.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had an on campus interview- was 45 minutes. Asked to code a question on whiteboard. Passed, and was flown out to Menlo Park for a full day tour of the site, and had another 45-minute interview on whiteboard, with a project team lead.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter via email that I received by a former Facebook employee. She followed up asking some standard questions about my experience and availability with a phone screening that lasted about 15 minutes. I then scheduled a phone interview with an engineer in the Instagram even though I was only applying for positions in Europe. The question was pretty difficult and it was more of a mathematical problem than a computer science questions. I studied a lot of algorithms and data structures exercises. The engineer helped me getting the idea on how to solve the problem but I was running out of time unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• It was a mathematical questions about finding the greatest number (but less than the given number) by reordering the digits in the number.   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Got in through a referral. Fairly standard interview questions, mostly leetcode and CTCI will suffice as practice. Interview bit is also helpful. It was my first interview so I had a hard time trying to talk as well as code at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for Facebook   1 Answer

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Met a recruiter at the Swift Summit in San Francisco. I then had a 45 min phone call with the recruiter and then a 45 min technical phone screen in which I coded on a screen sharing IDE. I did not move on to an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Return the head node of the singly linked list with each pair of nodes swapped. If there is a last odd node leave it in place.

Example:
      Input: 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5
      Output: 2 -> 1 -> 4 -> 3 -> 5
      2 Answers
    • Take in an Int array and move all the zeroes to the end in place. It doesn’t matter how the non-zero numbers are ordered. Preferably as efficient and as space efficient as possible.

Example:
      Input : [ 3, 0, 2, 0, 0, 4, 1, 0 ]
      Accepted Output: [ 4, 2, 3, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0 ]

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was brought on through a referral and the process was very standard. First, a phone screen with a hiring manager and then an onsite with a few members of the team. They're not trying to trick you with the questions. They just want to find out if you're a fit or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received negative feedback   2 Answers