Facebook Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Facebook Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

1. phone interview from HR
    2. onsite:
      ask about the education background and related coursework
      ask about the projects mentioned in the resume
      give a question about binary tree and test the coding ability
      first ask to describe your method and logistics
      then write code on the white board

Interview Questions

• Binary tree serialization and deserialization   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Since I had interviewed on-site before, they directly brought me on-site this time. I had 4 interviews: 1 behavior, 2 coding and 1 design. I have 12 years experience. All interviews went well in my mind, but surprisingly, no offer. No feedback given. I feel it was because one of the interviewers wasn't that nice and was quiet through most of the interview. While I wrote on the whiteboard and talked out loud, he was mostly on his laptop and barely responded. They tell you to think of the interviews as a discussion with a coworker. Well it was definitely not an engaging or pleasant coworker at all. Makes you wonder if the interviewer decided your fate as soon as he met you because he didn't like you. I have launched many successful products with many customers. None of that is taken into account in this kind of hiring process.

Interview Questions

• 4 interviews: 1 behavior, 2 coding and 1 design. can't say more because of NDA.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was on skype call, first round with recruiter, second with Software engineer from California office, it lasted for fourty five minutes, first he introduced himself and then I did the same, told about my masters programme. then the interview happened through shared text editor link.

Interview Questions

• Generate square of array elements   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was good. The interviewer was very helpful. He told about himself and what he does there. He explained the question in detail and gave ample amount of time to think and solve the problem.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I initially heard from my recruiter a few weeks after submitting my application. She setup a phone interview with one of their engineers. Overall, the question was pretty standard (Leetcode medium) and the interviewer was really responsive and helped to clarify some things. Heard back a couple days later that I was invited on-site to their Menlo Park offices. I flew out there a few weeks later, on their dime. The day consisted of a tour and a lot of information about the program and a 45 minute interview. I signed an NDA and can't say much about it, but the questions were pretty standard. I unfortunately got a bit too nervous and didn't perform as well as I could. I got a phone call from my recruiter the following Monday that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why Facebook?
      Q: Given a list of integers, find all sets of 3 integers that sum to 0
      2 Answers

Head of User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Six months of them trying to define and redefine the role. Eight individual interviews followed by an in person formal presentation and 5 more individual interviews. Interviewed by junior folks for senior role.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had three phone interviews. One with the recruiter, then two with potential peers in the group. They asked questions very related to my job, basically all behavior based questions. Everyone was friendly, on-time and asked good questions. Disappointed I was not selected to move forward after the third phone interview, but the overall experience was a great one. I wasn't told why I wasn't moving forward, was it not enough experience? Facebook is the best of the best and it was a pleasure to be selected as a candidate. Recruiter and scheduler was top notch!

Tech Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

- Had 1 phone interview and then an onsite interview. They scheduled the onsite on Saturday which was good, but when I went there I saw about 10 other interviewers as well for Tech Recruiter Position. Its like a group / job fair interview. What they do is, they try to reach out to 50 people, schedule 30 for onsite and pick may be 2 to 3. Two of my other friends had to say the same thing. I met 3 interviewers, who had fixed set of questions which was unusual. For Recruiters, there are no exact right or wrong answers unlike software engineers. Each interviewer asked about 5 to 6 questions, seems they had no interest in my answers/replies. They constantly looked at the time as if they were in hurry. One of them had a bad attitude, like my way or highway. You are calling in people and attracting them with a brand name "Facebook" but once you go there and meet people its the opposite. Change your process and attitude or else you wont have that reputation you have. On the verge of losing importance.

Interview Questions

• - normal recruiting process, sourcing, closing, offers, negotiations etc   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

First Round: Chat with a recruiter a little bit. Very simple.

Second Round: They have you chat with two designers via video conference for 45mins, back to back. One designer will walk through your portfolio with you, another will critique an app with you. I'd suggest you keep your portfolio presentation to 30 mins bc they'll interrupt with questions.

Third Round: Follow up with a recruiter where she tells you what they liked and didn't like. They feed you a ton of info and critiques! Don't get overwhelmed by it.

Fourth Round: On-site. 25-minute portfolio review and then a bunch of one-on-ones. Try to be unique in your portfolio presentation. They watch a lot of these so be a little creative. More importantly, make sure the story makes sense. If your story comes off jagged then people will lose interest.

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

applied through referral, got a phone interview with 3 simple coding questions, invited onsite for one 45 minute interview and a tour day of the HQ campus, got an phone call a week later

Interview Questions

• use bit operations to write a function that will determine if a number is a power of 2   6 Answers