Facebook Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017

3.3

778 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through a referral. Had a telephonic interview. The interviewer was really helpful and nice. Could solve both the questions. I was called for an onsite which had three rounds, two were coding and one was behavioral with coding. Great experience! Not sure what they really look for. Thought it went pretty well.

Interview Questions

• Past Experience. Typical behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    • Level order traversal to find top 2 maximum elements   Answer Question
    • Create a random number generator from that will generate a random number from a list of numbers, with the probability proportional to the magnitude of the number.   Answer Question
    • Merge an interval to list of intervals.   Answer Question
    • Move zeroes in an array.   Answer Question
    • Task scheduling with cool off period (Leetcode). A modification to this too.   1 Answer

Android Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a half-hour call with a recruiter, then later a "phone screen" coding interview in person because I'm local, and then later the full onsite interviews. With the latter I had been told there would be four interviews -- two coding interviews, an Android-focused system-design interview, and a behavioral interview, but instead I had five: two system-design interviews instead of one, and neither was Android focused. The interviewers were all very friendly and helpful, and I had a great time despite not getting hired -- hopefully better luck next time!

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was referred by one of my close friends, and a recruiter reached out in three days. I had a phone interview the next week and it went really well. The recruiter seemed interested and complimented my background and experience, but she noted there weren't any current roles open that fit my level. She told me to keep an eye out and email her in the future. (Don't give up!)

I reached out directly to the recruiter three months later when something fit. She set up a video conference with the hiring manager the next week afterward, agreeing this role seemed like a good fit.

The video conference was completed in just 20 minutes. The hiring manager has likely heard all types of experiences (she was senior) and was probably sussing out culture fit. She didn't seem interested in asking too many questions and didn't give me the chance to ask many either. I followed up with the recruiter, asking for the hiring manager's email to ask some questions, but was just told by the recruiter they decided I wasn't a fit.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the role? Do you know what we'd like you to focus on?   Answer Question
    • What's a challenge you've faced in your current role? Why did it challenge you, and how did you address it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was simple: I was contacted by a recruiter and set up a time for a technical interview. Prior to that, I submitted by resume via Facebook's website.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked questions about algorithms (particularly about sorting). I was asked to implement a method to merge multiple sorted arrays while maintaining their ordering.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I did on-site initial screen. In which I answered almost three technical questions and had very good interactions with the interviewer. So I left feeling pretty positive, there was no followup after that for another week and a half. After touching base with the recruiter, they took another couple of days and was followed by a rejection email.

Wish I would have gotten some sort of feedback, as I answered everything optimally and also had good feedback from interviewer and conversation afterwards.

Enterprise Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview arrangement was good but I think decision was biased, Seems like they already finalized someone any mine interview was just a formality.
    Dont apply for IT in facebook, they tend to hire people which they knew before. It is rubbish that I gave all the working solution but they still didnt get signal to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview
      1. Move zero at the end of the array
      2. Decode the string..example 12 has two combination AB and L.

Onsite Interview
      1. Find no of Island in 2x2 matrix
      2. K points near to origin
      3. Design insurance company
      4. add two binary strings   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

There was a 45 minute phone interview where I was asked to write code in an online editor and then a 45 minute onsite interview where they flew me out to the Menlo Park campus. Overall the recruiters were super friendly and I really enjoyed the experience.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I got connected through a referral. Recruiter reached out to me and i meet a couple of teams before they decided to bring me in for a full interview. I had 2 system design, 2 Coding and 2 mgmt and behavior interviews. Did well on the system design and behavior. Was not comfortable with the coding. I guess that is why i did not make it.

Senior Software Engineer, Mobile Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Mateo, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Facebook recruiter contacted me thro LinkedIn and asked if I was interested in a position at Facebook. I agreed and he scheduled the phone interview. After the first phone interview, they scheduled another round of phone interview (maybe because I wasn't quite impressive in the first one). I cleared the second round and they called me onsite with a 10 day delay.

For onsite, I had 3 rounds of coding, 1 system design and 1 manager interview. The recruiter was courteous and made me feel at ease. Interviewers were nice too except one system design guy who showed some attitude (he had been there for 5 years, so maybe he thinks he's god!). I aced two coding interviews and was average in the third one. During lunch, a friendly guy even showed me the rooftop nature setting which was awesome!

After the interview, I got a survey that asked me to rate the recruiter's performance and even asked me if any of the interviewers were late etc. I really liked this unique survey which doesn't happen with other companies. Few days later, I got a courteous email to inform that they won't be able to make me an offer at this time but encouraged me to apply later. I kinda knew this would be the case because my past experience was not in web services companies. Overall, the experience was quite nice and I would encourage anyone to give it a shot.

Interview Questions

• Design a super enumerator using the basic enumerator of iOS for enumerating all objects in a nested NSArray such as @[@"a", @[@"b", @"c", @[ @"d"]]]   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

1st round: recruiter and hiring manager phone screen
    2nd round: 3 onsite interviews, 30-45 minutes each
    3nd round: 3 onsite interviews, 30 minutes each

The interviews are all around what I did in the past, how I manage team, how I deal with cross-functional team, how fit with Facebook

Interview Questions

• All behavior questions, no case study   1 Answer