Facebook Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

3.3

741 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone call with the recruiter. Really fast and easy. Phone call with the head team. Also fast and interesting. Then I had a phone screen. I thought it was good but I didnt get the gob.

Interview Questions

• Write code that prints out the friend graph after the final ts   Answer Question

Growth Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me about the analyst role in SMB. It's an IC role without near-term growth into managerial positions. The recruiter was very nice, but the hiring manager was okay.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Fairly routine. A standard "Tell us about you" where you can talk about what you've done, followed by a standard technical algorithm question. I was given 45 mins to complete the task.

Interview Questions

• Merge two sorted arrays in place   2 Answers

IOS Developer Interview

Application

Interview

one phone interview with two coding challenges
    five onsite interview,
    behavior, iOS coding, iOS design
    got feedback after 3 weeks
    the HR is very nice and helpful

Interview Questions

• valid palindrome
      move zero
      inorder BS
      some hard questions cant remeber   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter.

A week later, the hiring manager emailed me to say she needed to reschedule our phone call. That's fine, except I never received a email from anyone letting me know of a next step or that I was scheduled to speak with a hiring manager. The hiring manager and I exchanged emails and scheduled ourselves to chat the following day. The hiring manager let me know she wanted to move forward and meet with me onsite.

A week later the recruiter called and asked for my on-site availability. I received a confirmation email for a day/time I didn't provide and wasn't available.

I contacted the recruiting coordinator and Recruiter by email to let them now of the scheduling mistake. I didn't hear back from anyone. I called the Recruiter and recruiting coordinator and left voicemails letting them know of the scheduling mistake. The following day the recruiter called back and said that it was her fault, she gave the recruiting coordinator the wrong dates. A day later, I was scheduled per my availability to come onsite.

Onsite, my first interview was a video call, but the video didn't work. I had to find someone sitting near the conference room to troubleshoot, but they couldn't get the video working. The other interviews went smoothly. I didn't meet with the hiring manager I spoke with on the phone which was strange.

I was told by the Recruiter she would sync up with the interviewers at the end of the week. I didn't hear back after two weeks.

I called the Recruiter and left a voicemail. I didn't hear back for several days. I emailed the Recruiter to follow up again. A day later the recruiter called and said she just spoke with the interviewers that day and feedback was positive but moving forward with others.

I had a terrible recruiting experience every step of the way. There were errors and mistakes at every stage. I felt like the Recruiter could care less about my experience or her job.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Fairly straight forward and clear. Interviewers are ok. Cleared the video but failed on on site.
    Execution is analytical. Product sense can be vague at times. Leadership was purely behavioral.

HR is very slow. I also they they don't care to inform if you failed. I understand they have a ton of people and can't respond but atleast to onsite people, after promising to send a feedback within 3 hours. Horrible HR. Cannot believe why FB can't fix this.

Interview Questions

• Execution - how do measure X ?   Answer Question
    • Product sense: how would you use FB to improve X ? This can be vague or on a topic completely unknown to you.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

A recruiter had contacted me in the past, I decided to go ahead with the process now. Had first technical screening interview, I opted to do at Menlo Park office instead of phone. It was purely data structures and algorithms. He gave some hints which I did not take in first go but I did understand and solved the problem, so he gave mixed feedback, I was asked for another screening. Did it again at Menlo Park office. It went very well and I was invited for onsite. During onsite had 4 interviews, 2 coding, 1 behavioral + small code and 1 system design. At the end of system design, the interviewer said Good job. I did pretty well in the coding rounds too, Each coding round, I could solve two problems which is a good sign as per whatever I had heard from friends. But, I did end up getting rejected. Well, rejection is a part of interview process but the frustrating part was the feedback. Recruiter said unfortunately we cannot proceed with the offer as your system design did not go well. I was shocked and realized from the other glassdoor reviews I had read that it is the standard response they give because it is an open ended question. My coding rounds went very good so she couldn't say those were the bad ones. I told the recruiter that it is contradictory to what happened and she had nothing to say except for - we will ask our engineers to not give any verbal feedback. What the hell!!! Is this what you expect from companies like Facebook. Don't waste your time interviewing here if you don't have relevant work experience (I don't have that). They will reject you with system design feedback. Crap!!

Interview Questions

• Leetcode questions, same ones which people already mentioned in other glassdoor reviews   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

Interview

Very lengthy process (~3 months) but the recruiter was always available and engaged. I had a very positive experience. First was a phone screen (very easy and fast) - mostly background on the role, the company and then providing info about myself) with the recruiter, then a video chat interview with a current data scientist (introductions and background on his experience with the company, a few product questions, a SQL - my language of choice - question, a few more product questions). The recruiter called me the next morning to inform me I would be coming on campus and to give some feedback from the video interview. The recruiter sent tons of information to help prepare for the on campus interview (meet n greet with recruiter, 5 interviews with data scientists and a lunch with a data scientist). The recruiters were really nice and knowledgeable. I had a few that were shadowed by more experienced interviewers that seemed nervous/inexperienced with interviewing but the whole process was pretty great. The on campus interview questions were straight forward and slightly difficult.

Interview Questions

• Product/SQL/statistics questions   1 Answer

Data Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

The first rounds was a phone interview (~ 1 hour) and it involved questions on SQL and Python. Questions are similar to the ones asked on other reviews here. Just focus on solving it - they are pretty easy and usually require just a simple join or group-by.

The next round was on-site. The process will be described by your recruiter and it is exactly the way they explain it to you. They will also give plenty of materials to study and those are usually enough. For the on-site, I would suggest focus on your SQL and get all the parts done. I had a bad experience here with one of the interviewers being really rude. Hopefully, you are lucky enough to not have someone like that.

Overall, think of the on-site has a data design question (similar to how you are asked system design questions). Think about scale and daily vs batch solutions

Production Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

Interview

Initial phone conversation with the recruiter, phone interview with a leader, technical phone interview, a day of on-site interviews that covered various technical and non-technical topics, including a code interview (coding on the whiteboard). The recruiter did an excellent job of making sure I was well-prepared as to what to expect. Don't feel like there were any attempts to "trick" or "surprise" me, it was all about making sure I was set up to be comfortable - felt like they want you to be successful.

Interview Questions

• With very little detailed information, how would you approach tackling a performance problem in a web application (i.e., step through your thought process of what steps you would take, information you would seek, etc.).   Answer Question