Facebook Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

238 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

I applied through employee referral and got a call for first round of technical interview. It was code challenge to be done on coder pad. There were two questions based on string and binary trees. Try to optimize the code with best complexity. Solved both the questions but got a reject next day.

Interview Questions

• Check if a string is a pallindrome
      Find the longest distance between any two nodes in a binary tree.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Horrible experience. Out of all the interviews I had in my life, this is by far the worst experience ever because the interviewer is SO DISREPECTFUL. 1) First, the interviewer speaks terrible English and he gets frustrated when I ask for clarifications. He did not clarify the question even when I explicitly asked him for constraints, which turned his original problem into one that is a lot harder. 2) I solved the first question easily, and then he asked me a hard level LC question without clarifying it. He stays silent almost throughout the entire interview and gets extremely impatient when I ask questions. I always try to learn something from my interview, and what I learned from this experience is that crazy people also interview candidates.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The phone interview lasted 40 minutes. No introduction but give me a algorithm problem directly, after did it, he asked me several follow up questions. Then gave me another one. when the interview lasted 35minutes, he let me to ask several question. then 40minutes passed, the interview is done.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was not good. Came late, didn't have my resume. No behavioral questions. Went straight to coding part. Solved the first question but follow-up was hard. Didn't give hints. He couldn't get what I was saying nor could I get what he was trying to say.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Very similar to what others have mentioned.

-first call with recruiter, mainly going over your resume and having them explain the process. Afterwards he sent over prep material for the phone interviews and onsite interview. The material is really comprehensive and probably somewhat overkill, but if you review it all you will be prepared. The recruiter really really wants you to feel prepared as well, so use them as a resource! That was what stood out the most to me in the process, more than anywhere else they want you to feel ready.

-phone interview with shared screen coding with a data scientist. Basic sql, coding, and stats questions.

-another phone interview, very similar to the first.

-on site interview with a mix of open ended data science problems, coding questions, sql questions, behavioral questions

-follow up phone interview with only one subject that they felt they didn't ask enough about at the onsite

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you received constructive criticism and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Mountain View, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process is well-organized, can't complain. Onsite interview was super difficult, I failed 5 segments out of 5 and got a maximum cool off period outlined in the manual (5 years).

Interview Questions

• Networking part is really difficult and CCNP level is grossly inadequate for this position.   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (San Jose, CA).

Interview

It was a phone screen interview and I was asked about my previous projects.
    Questions on Relative layout and Linear layout, how to display notifications on the screen. I was asked if I am familiar with libraries.

Interview Questions

• Basic android questions like, which one would you prefer using fragments or views and why?
       how to display notifications on screen.   4 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Jose, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

First round HR screening. Very friendly and will give you feedback.
    Then after a week I hear from them again.
    Second round with hiring manager. He's super nice would focus more on you skills and past analytical experiences.
    Both on phone
    About to have a third round.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Los Gatos, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

First a phone interview, then a week later video chat interview, then a week later on-site interview. Decision emailed a few days after interview. Interviews were shorter than than 30 minutes

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

asking some problem about cv and coding, the coding is about 45 min and 2 coding question... run some test case, you need to write the main function to run
    using codepad to the interview