Facebook Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

3.2

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Not a good candidate experience. They gave the impression they were in a big hurry and not well organized. Not many relevant questions. No closer, No outcome. No further communication

Analytics Project Manager, Product Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I only had an HR phone screen, but this process from initial scheduling email to final rejection took more than three weeks. The interviewer was nice and professional but seemed rushed. She kept starting questions with "very quickly, tell me about..." or "in thirty seconds, give me a brief summary...". So be mentally prepared to interview with someone who is clearly swamped.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background
      Describe recent projects you've worked on from start to finish
      On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate yourself in SQL
      Facebook feature that you like, how would you improve it, how would you gather a team to work on it

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Worked directly with a recruiter for a few months. Went over tons of questions that they might ask and put together scenarios for each question and how the answer should be formulated to fit what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that you were critiqued on something badly and how did you handle it and what did you do in response?   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Scheduled a 45 mins phone interview through HR. Interviewer was quite friendly and gave good feedback. He also gave a good review for the code and my coding style. I gave optimal solutions to all 3 problems in the first go. I dont know if that might have affected the outcome.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had one coding phone interview, I was invited for an on-site interview at Palo Alto. The process was quite fast. On site interview was 4 sessions: 2 coding, 1 system design, 1 behavioral and research experience (in happened in this order with a lunch break in the middle).

Onsite interviews happened in a tiny 2 square meter room. The room temperature was unadjustable, and it got too hot and stuffy inside. It was almost like a torture room.

On my 1st coding interview, while I was writing code on the board, the interviewer sat at the table and played with his phone most of the interview. I was thinking out load and explaining what am I doing but he was not listening to me at all. When I asked a question he responded "Huh?". He was rude and did not have any manners.

2nd coding interviewer was much nicer, stood up with me the whole time while I was coding on the board and followed what I was doing and helped me along. This is how it should be...

3rd interviewer came to the interview 5-10 minutes late in a hurry, and was too arrogant. Close to end of the system design interview, he asked me question, I answered but he did not seem to be satisfied with my answer. Then he said "You could do X, but anyway we do not have time left.", X is a technical term with I did not think about.

2 interviewers were East Asians, 1 of them was South Asian and 1 of them was an Asian-American.
    It felt like I am in Asia.

Also, definitely do not dress up for this interview, jeans is more than enough. One of my interviewer was wearing lousy sweatpants and a t-shirt.

Interview Questions

• 1. You have a string consisting of open and closed parentheses, but parentheses may be imbalanced.
      Make the parentheses balanced and return the new string.

2. You have a string of numbers, i.e. 123. You can insert a + or - sign in front of ever number, or you can leave it empty. Find all of the different possibilities, make the calculation and return the sum.
      For example;
      +1+2+3 = 6
      +12+3 = 15
      +123 = 123
      +1+23 = 24
      ...
      -1-2-3 = 6
      ...
      Return the sum of all the results.

3. How do you design google search auto complete?

4. Classic behavioral questions
      2 Answers

IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I contacted a fb recuitor and was selected for 2 skype interviews. The first one is a iOS concept related multiple-choices interviews. The second one is a technical interview with an iOS engineer.

In the second interview, i was asked with 2 questions about iOS concept and 2 questions about algorithm.

Interview Questions

• 1.What is the life cycle of UIViewController?   1 Answer
    • 2. What happens when you send a message to an objeect that doesn't implement the method?   Answer Question
    • 3. (similar but not eactly to the "Letter Combinations of a Phone Number" on leetcode)

// +-----+-----+-----+

// 2 -> "A"
      // 22 -> "B"
      // 222 -> "C"
      // 2233 -> "BE"
      // Write a function that given a string of numbers as input returns all possible string translations
      Answer Question
    • You have a simple tree structure Ⓐ and its clone ⓐ. Given an original tree's node Ⓑ, find and return the cloned tree's node ⓑ that is the clone of node Ⓑ.

Each node in the tree has a pointer to it's parent as well as an array of it's children.

Original Clone
       ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
           ┏┻┓ ┃ ┏┻┓ ┃
           ◯ Ⓑ ◯ ◯ ⓑ ◯

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Mountain View, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Technical phone screen, short background on interviewer, myself, then tech question. Had a call with recruiter to go over the process. Had the opportunity to go to a CTCI class to prepare

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Went for an in-person tech screen. Was a 45-minute session with an engineer in a meeting room with a whiteboard. I was given a pretty tough question, and didn't do a stellar job at answering, but I also didn't have any professional experience with C++, which he said was their primary language, so I guess it's understandable that they passed on me.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of denominations (e.g., [ 1, 2, 5 ] means you have coins worth $1, $2, and $5) and a number k, find all possible combinations, if any, of coins in the given denominations that add up to k, including repeats.   4 Answers

Marketing Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Mountain View, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Contacted by agency for marketing manager position. When reading the job description, I was amazed by the fact the requirements were so junior level. Submitted my resume and cleared HR's absurd screening, but was rejected by the hiring manager because she was afraid that I'd be bored. When speaking with others, this was their way of saying that they didn't want to hire someone over 40 years old for this job.

Sorely tempted to sue for age discrimination at this point. Stay tuned for ore details.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First was a telephonic interview
    Second was an onsite four one:one interviews
    The recruiters were amazing.
    The accommodation was fantastic and so is the campus
    Overall had a good experience
    Experience the process
    Interviewers were resourceful, great work environment.