Facebook Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Facebook

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in January 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. 45 minute phone technical interview. The interviewer was very nice and asked about my interest in working at facebook. Contacted by a recruiter. 45 minute phone technical interview. The interviewer was very nice and asked about my interest in working at facebook.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

there was a phone interview starting with introduce yourself, asked me about the current on-campus part-time job, describe your typical day. Then he gave me the coding question of finding a triplet which sums to 6, given an array of integers.

Interview Questions

• Finding a triplet which sums to 6, given an array of integers.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days received a request to choose a date for a 45min technical interview. They sent me a link of the "collabedit" I think - to familiarize myself with it.

Once I got on the phone with the interviewer, she send me the link and she had already typed the problem that I had to solve. The problem statement was unclear, when I asked questions she could not explain well what she wanted, there was a lot of disturbance on the phone - so I offered to start writing some code but she would not let me write till I came up with some idea of how I would proceed with the data structure she had in mind.

Unfortunately, we spent 40 minutes just talking and brainstorming and then finally in the last 5 minutes she said I could start coding. I quickly wrote some working code, but ofcourse 5 minutes is just not enough.

Overall, I think they should have a timed online code assessment where these all issues don't come in the way.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a dictionary with the given words?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Current employees take turn talking with you. Interviews includes everyone from peer developers, to the architects and product managers. Some interviews were frank discussions while others included white boarding abstract system design.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to solve some ugly javascript using only a pencil. I personally hate javascript and I hate bad code.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and then was scheduled a phone screen interview through email. I got a call after two weeks. First part was a five mins mutual self-introduce, then jumped to the technical questions using collabedit online. The interviewer was very nice and gave necessary guide during the whole interview process.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

One technical interview conducted on campus. Very quick response time and nice people. I would learn one language and be a master at it before going for the interview. Have very good reasons for why facebook specifically

Interview Questions

• Manipulate large lines of keywords to print them with count   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

First round, a 45 minutes phone interview. At the first 15 minutes, the interviewer gave me a brief introduction of his group, and asked me to introduce myself and my experience. In the second part, which is a 30 minutes, he asked me some coding problems.

Interview Questions

• I was given a question about 'decoding' which means decoding a message with a mapping between number and character. Actually it is this question http://oj.leetcode.com/problems/decode-ways/ ... I knew this after the interview...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Online Coding test + 2 interview 1 hr each

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

A series of phone interviews, final round is on main campus.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers, find the sub array with the largest sum. (must be done in linear time)   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter. Had one phone screen then was asked to come in for a full loop at the Seattle campus.

The culture is unusual for a tech company. It is both good and not so great. The interview was amateur grade. All of the people who interviewed me, except one, had significantly less experience than I did. It's not an ego issue. In most cases, they had a little more than 1 year of experience. The problem with someone like that interviewing you is that they might not know of a good way to do it. For example, I was constantly interrupted. I let them know that I was thinking out loud and that everything I say might not be the best way to do something. When I have something concrete I'll set it forward and we can discuss that. That didn't stop the interruptions. I'd lose my train of thought and would have to start again. Again, while writing code, the same thing. I said that the code isn't optimized, i'll optimize it later. I'm trying to get it right, then tweak it later. Every few lines, I was asked if something was necessary.

I was pretty frustrated by the end. I wish I could tell them that you're interviewing me- meaning you want to see how I think, check my problem solving ability and NOT show how much you know. You're probably good at what you do, else you wouldn't have been there. Can we please focus on me solving the problem?

In other interviews, at other companies, I've noticed the more experience a person has the more patient and observant they are during an interview. They will ask questions and prod, but almost never interrupt unless you're heading down a seriously questionable line of thinking path.

Interview Questions

• Questions were quite straight forward. It wasn't a difficult interview. Just... good luck getting good interviewers.   Answer Question