Facebook Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

3.2

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

They came to campus an hosted open office hours. It was an overwhelmingly positive experience at that point. I dropped my resume and was later (2 weeks) contacted by a recruiter; who scheduled a 45 minute interview with a SWE. The SWE seems distracted and was almost mad at me for logging in experimenting with text editor beforehand, which threw me off. Lesson learned - everyone can have a bad day, don't expect the up beat attitude characterized by the recruiters from every interviewing SWE.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen, and then a 45 min technical phone interview. When they got back to me, they still weren't sure about proceeding, I waited a further few days and then found out that they are not going to proceed, but it was very close.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers, and a value N, output "Yes" if there are two values that add up to N, and No if there are none.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

One phone Interview with recruiter. Two phone interviews of 45 mins each with two developers. Coding questions asked related to Algorithm and CS fundamentals. Then onsite consisting of 5 rounds of one hour each with intense coding and system development questions.

Interview Questions

• Design a scalable web application along with database and dynamic frontend forms for a insurance company like Geico.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied in career fair and got a call for in person on campus interview. The interviewer was not interested when I explained the steps and wrote on the white board. He was looking into his mobile and was expecting the exact right answer directly on the board.

Interview Questions

• In order Traverse a BT and store the results in a circular doubly linked list.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook in October 2017.

Interview

I got in contact with a recruiter when they came to campus university. The recruiter immediately contacted me and set me up for an interview. The interviewer was over nice and gave an overview of the interview process. He said he would ask me technical questions first and then I could ask my general questions.

Interview Questions

• Given two string, find the smallest substring in string 2 that contains all of the characters in string 1. The characters do not have to be in order.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I applied online and through my university's career fair. I got an on campus interview of two coding questions, followed by an on site interview of about 4 technical interviews and 1 behavioral. Then the offer.

Interview Questions

• genetic coding questions, algorithms and data structures. no surprises. NDA   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First was a telephonic interview
    Second was an onsite four one:one interviews
    The recruiters were amazing.
    The accommodation was fantastic and so is the campus
    Overall had a good experience
    Experience the process
    Interviewers were resourceful, great work environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Software developer internship interview is done in 2 rounds. One is initial screening by any software engineer from the company and the other one is on-site. Got a call from recruiter and was asked to give dates for an interview.

Both were phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Given an array, move all the non-zero elements to left and return count of non-zero elements in an array. Do this in-place.   Answer Question
    • Write a test-suite to test bisect function used in version-control tools.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in October 2016.

Interview

A friend referred me and I heard back from a recruiter immediately. Over the next two weeks I did two phone screens, and a week after that I heard back that I passed and would be moving on to the team matching process.

As this was for a PhD internship, they spent the next two weeks gathering team hosts to interview with, and finally settled on a date for 3 interviews with potential hosts. They told me as long as at least one team wanted me, I would have an internship. The day of the interview comes, I have an hour long talk with three different teams, all of which I thought went great (two of them even verbally said they would love to have me and to hear a follow-up shortly). I was ecstatic at the thought of interning for Facebook, and the recruiter told me I would hear back a decision in two business days.

Well I didn't hear back in a two days. The recruiter messaged me a week later that it would take a bit longer to make a decision. One evening a week after that I get a copy pasted response from recruiter about how Facebook will be not be moving forward with an offer and that there were many qualified candidates this year.

Shame on the recruiter for not keeping to original timeline. Shame on the teams for lying to me about joining their team. It's good to know they put off my decision to hire these "more qualified candidates". Given how I thought the whole process went very well, just to be pushed aside at the very end, means I will never be applying to Facebook again. There was no trust or transparency at the end.

Interview Questions

• Standard coding questions you would probably see in CC and Leetcode. Team interviews asked about research.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Campus Recruiting where candidates were selected on Resume Shortlisting during Career fair.
    The Career fair took place in Sept and one month later they got back. The recruiter was good but was not happy with my solutions in n logn complexity. He wanted both the questions in o(n)

Interview Questions

• 1. Maximum of all subarrrays of size k in an array of size n
      2.Interview Scheduling Problem   Answer Question