Facebook Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Facebook

3.2
HardAverageEasy
Found 1465 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions. The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Interview Questions
  • None
    8 Answers
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

It's COVID times, so it's initial discussions, then a coding interview, then the virtual onsite over one or two days. The coding challenge is over a separate app, coderpad. They had all this extra stuff to read -- it was kind of weird, like they wanted you to take time out to prep for the SATs or GREs or something, which is weird for a company as data-centric and analytic as FB is. That's how you get distorted dynamic data back. You want to just have normal conversations to see how people are.

Interview Questions
  • There was for instance a basic coding challenge interview at the start. But a thing I'll mention is, for a high-level company like FB, there was an odd obsession with basics, when people don't work that way -- it's not that it's irrelevant, it's better to be solid than not, but it's a tiny piece of the puzzle that's gating prospective hires. It was strange to not be asked the types of questions that would indicate actual capacity to innovate, manage, etc. I would have only done that kind of challenge for maybe a fresh graduate, not someone who's done real work.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

I was given two leetcode questions: bipartite graph and merge 3 lists. I didn't practice leetcode questions enough, so failed. My advice: if you're going to the interview, try to practice questions under the tag of that company.

Interview Questions
Facebook
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

The process was pretty navigable. First two rounds were phone interviews (during COVID, granted) with a couple programming questions that each took 5-10 minutes. My interviewer was a bit hard to understand, but interesting questions.

Interview Questions
  • Essentially organize an alert system of tasks by 1) order the alerts arrive 2) start AND end time. So you get a series of alerts of events and either their start and end time, and you slowly build a schedule or log of the events and details
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

Various software questions and behavioral questions. An all day interview that involved speaking with multiple people one on one. They took about a week to get back to me with information on the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

First is Phone interview. Was asked a LC medium question. Solved the problem optimally in a slightly different than usual method. Interviewer took lot of time to understand and finally agreed. Not much time left for second question. Did not proceed to next round.

Interview Questions
Facebook
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

Took over 2 months. Phone screen, 1hr phone interview w 2 leetcode problems, half day of 4 interviews. One interviewer didn't show up and i had to reschedule it for a different.

Interview Questions
Facebook
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

It was smooth. I was contacted by the recruiter. It took approximately 4 weeks to schedule an initial call as the recruiter was missing the scheduled calls. After the initial call, the recruiter took another 5 weeks to schedule the first interview. But once the process got traction, I was scheduled for the first set of interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Remove the duplicates from an array in-place.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

It was a pretty long interview process. Started with a recruiter phone screen. Had an "on site" group interview and answered some behavioral questions and a few technical whiteboarding questions.

Interview Questions
Facebook
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

phone call with five workers. test taken with four workers. all done virtual while on bluejeans fairly simple good experience would do it agian just prepare very hard and you will do fine

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1465