Facebook Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

3.2

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I applied online and through my university's career fair. I got an on campus interview of two coding questions, followed by an on site interview of about 4 technical interviews and 1 behavioral. Then the offer.

Interview Questions

• genetic coding questions, algorithms and data structures. no surprises. NDA   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First was a telephonic interview
    Second was an onsite four one:one interviews
    The recruiters were amazing.
    The accommodation was fantastic and so is the campus
    Overall had a good experience
    Experience the process
    Interviewers were resourceful, great work environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Software developer internship interview is done in 2 rounds. One is initial screening by any software engineer from the company and the other one is on-site. Got a call from recruiter and was asked to give dates for an interview.

Both were phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Given an array, move all the non-zero elements to left and return count of non-zero elements in an array. Do this in-place.   Answer Question
    • Write a test-suite to test bisect function used in version-control tools.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in October 2016.

Interview

A friend referred me and I heard back from a recruiter immediately. Over the next two weeks I did two phone screens, and a week after that I heard back that I passed and would be moving on to the team matching process.

As this was for a PhD internship, they spent the next two weeks gathering team hosts to interview with, and finally settled on a date for 3 interviews with potential hosts. They told me as long as at least one team wanted me, I would have an internship. The day of the interview comes, I have an hour long talk with three different teams, all of which I thought went great (two of them even verbally said they would love to have me and to hear a follow-up shortly). I was ecstatic at the thought of interning for Facebook, and the recruiter told me I would hear back a decision in two business days.

Well I didn't hear back in a two days. The recruiter messaged me a week later that it would take a bit longer to make a decision. One evening a week after that I get a copy pasted response from recruiter about how Facebook will be not be moving forward with an offer and that there were many qualified candidates this year.

Shame on the recruiter for not keeping to original timeline. Shame on the teams for lying to me about joining their team. It's good to know they put off my decision to hire these "more qualified candidates". Given how I thought the whole process went very well, just to be pushed aside at the very end, means I will never be applying to Facebook again. There was no trust or transparency at the end.

Interview Questions

• Standard coding questions you would probably see in CC and Leetcode. Team interviews asked about research.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Campus Recruiting where candidates were selected on Resume Shortlisting during Career fair.
    The Career fair took place in Sept and one month later they got back. The recruiter was good but was not happy with my solutions in n logn complexity. He wanted both the questions in o(n)

Interview Questions

• 1. Maximum of all subarrrays of size k in an array of size n
      2.Interview Scheduling Problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Overall, the process was straight-forward, but a bit slow in turnaround. I had been contacted by one of the recruiters every 2-3 months for the past year or so, and just had to give the go-ahead. Every round of scheduling seemed to take a week, and then getting feedback was another 3-4 days minimum, then another week until the next interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Mountain View, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone screen (with coding). Sometimes had difficulty understanding the guy. No behavioral, pure code. Question itself was pretty challenging compared to the other questions I've gotten at other places, but not unsolvable. I didn't get a working solution, unfortunately, before I ran out of time.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook in May 2016.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. The first question was to test my coding skills and the second was to test my thought process for solving problems. I spent some time on the second problem mostly because I didn't understand what the problem was (probably too much time). It seemed that the interviewer had trouble clearly explaining to me what she wanted as a result. But once we got past that, the solution was straight forward.

Interview Questions

• You are given an array with duplicate strings. Write a function to return the array without duplicates.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

there was a phone interview starting with introduce yourself, asked me about the current on-campus part-time job, describe your typical day. Then he gave me the coding question of finding a triplet which sums to 6, given an array of integers.

Interview Questions

• Finding a triplet which sums to 6, given an array of integers.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Facebook (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had applied during the career fair and got a call after 10 days. The interview was on campus. The interviewer was very kind, helping me throughout. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Traverse a tree in column-wise order. (Incase of collisions, follow bfs order)   Answer Question