Facebook Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and code pad online
Engineer will call you and you will be asked to write code on coderpad.
Dont need to run the test, just explain and test it.
No behavior question straight forward coding question

Interview Questions

• No behavior question straight forward coding question
    2 sum
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Columbus, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a Skype interview with a Facebook engineer. He spoke to the point and interview was for 45 mins. 5 minutes went for intro and question/doubts. The problems given to me were not that hard.. Cracking the coding interview prep is a must!! Also, glassdoor questions too helped..

Interview Questions

• Find longest increasing subarray in a given array   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

After speaking to a recruiter they provided a website of unlimited practice problems. This was really fun and helpful. I had one technical phone interview and thought it went fine but I didn't get asked back.

Interview Questions

• He asked me to talk about my background. Then he asked me to keep track of the k largest numbers in a list of integers. We discussed various solutions and their complexity.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

I have a contact in FB. Applied and they asked some basic interview questions with phone and codepad.io. Didn't do well altgough got the first 2 questions right since I'm too slow. Questions are very basic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

one phone interview over the phone, the interviewer talks nice but not helpful. even some times i asked some questions he is not likely to respond. it will let you to introduce yourself at beginning, and get to know some about your project experience. little java basic questions then jump onto the coding questions.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I got two phone screens. Then Facebook flew me in from Europe for onsite interviews: 1 design interview, 1 "culture fit" interview, and 4 coding/datastructures. I did well to pretty much of all them except one coding. After about two weeks, the recruiter contacted me to tell me that they weren't able to take a decision, so I got an extra phone interview with a "very senior" guy a few days afterwards.

It was an enjoyable experience for most of it. The most important problem was one interviewer who was obviously not ready to give interviews: he was totally unable to explain the problem I was supposed to solve and was interrupting me every minute.

Interview Questions

• write a program that solves linear equations with - + and * operators given as strings. For example the input can be: "8+5+x+3*x = 10-x+4*3*x"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

2 phone interviews Got a phone interview with FB through a recruiter . first 15 minutes are pretty standard background questions like what challenges or what you learned through previous projects and experience. Then followed by two coding questions:

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

Mostly the regular algorithm problem, like binary tree, linked list and string manipulations. A couple of them are related with real products of Facebook. One interviewer is particularly interested with the experience of distributed system.

Interview Questions

• Edit distance of words and distributed system questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Madison, WI) in February 2012.

Interview

Just ask Two questions
    Use write board or paper to write down the code

Interview Questions

• print the number ordered by the level in a binary tree   2 Answers
    • use stack to pop out the max num under O(1)   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

- received offer to interview in email
    - had a phone screen with recruiter
    - had a phone screen with questions from a software engineer. The engineer was very difficult to understand. I asked him to pick up the handset and he said that he was unable to.

Interview Questions

• First question: for a random-ordered bucket of numbers 1 through 3000 with one number missing, how would you detect which number is missing?   4 Answers