Facebook Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Facebook

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview scheduled for 45 mins. The interviewer started by describing his position and what did he work on. And asked a coding question. Overall, the experience was good.

Interview Questions

• I was told a coding question. Q: Given a list of words for example : cat,bat,rat.... and given a query which has a special character '.' which can be represented as any alphabet between 'a-z'. Write a function which gives true as output if the the query is in the list of words. Example: List of words: cat,bat,rat,cct,cut Query 1: c.t Output 1 : true Query 2: c.. output 2 : true   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and code pad online
    Engineer will call you and you will be asked to write code on coderpad.
    Dont need to run the test, just explain and test it.
    No behavior question straight forward coding question

Interview Questions

• No behavior question straight forward coding question
      2 sum   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Columbus, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a Skype interview with a Facebook engineer. He spoke to the point and interview was for 45 mins. 5 minutes went for intro and question/doubts. The problems given to me were not that hard.. Cracking the coding interview prep is a must!! Also, glassdoor questions too helped..

Interview Questions

• Find longest increasing subarray in a given array   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

one phone interview over the phone, the interviewer talks nice but not helpful. even some times i asked some questions he is not likely to respond. it will let you to introduce yourself at beginning, and get to know some about your project experience. little java basic questions then jump onto the coding questions.

Interview Questions

• java coding problems, similar to leetcode   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

After speaking to a recruiter they provided a website of unlimited practice problems. This was really fun and helpful. I had one technical phone interview and thought it went fine but I didn't get asked back.

Interview Questions

• He asked me to talk about my background. Then he asked me to keep track of the k largest numbers in a list of integers. We discussed various solutions and their complexity.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

First the interviewer asked questions about my resume and my experience, then goes to tech question which is write code use any language to solve a algorithm question. After that, ask several questions about the interviewer and Facebook.

Interview Questions

• Given an vector<string> (e.g ['cc', 'ca', 'bc']) and a dictionary order (e.g. ['c', 'b', 'a']). To decide whether the given vector<string> is sorted or not.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Technical Interview. The interviewer is very nice and easy to talk with. You need to pass two phone interviews to get the intern job. I didn't do well in the second round. So I didn't pass the interview, which makes me so sad.

Interview Questions

• Talk about some resume projects, and then some coding questions   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Facebook in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process involved two interviews held within the span of a day. We had a meet and greet with our first interviewer 2 days before the interview which was nice. Only got the second interview after doing well on the first one.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in March 2017.

Interview

2 round phone interview. Each round you can have at most 2-3 weeks for prepare. All phone interview, no video, no onsite. Each time the phone interview will last around 45 minutes. 30-40 minutes for problems, the rest ask questions.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. The recruiter was super nice, and the process was well organized. The interview was typical technical interview, and it was on campus interview. The overall experience was good.