Find jobs for Software Development Engineer

Facebook Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Facebook

3.1
HardAverageEasy
Found 45 candidate interviews
Application

Interview

Had a referral. Started with a phone call with 1 easy, 2 medium LC problems. Heard back 2 days later for virtual onsite. 2 rounds technical, 1 round behavioral. First interviewer was extremely incompetent and couldn't understand why I was using a queue for a BFS. Not sure what he wanted. I wrote out the pseudocode and then code and he still couldn't understand what I was saying. 2 medium. Next round's engineer was fine. Also 2 medium. Last round was behavioral with manager, with 1 medium. Heard back a week later that I didn't get an offer but I'm pretty sure they weren't hiring new grads anymore anyways.

Interview Questions
  • Balance paranthesis, class prerequisite, closest k points, nested arrays, delete linked list
    1 Answer
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

2-round interview. All coding problems. 1 st round phone interview. 2rd round video interview. Introduce myself firstly and then divid into coding problem. Each round takes about 45 mins. Only coding problem. 1st round one medium level problem. 2nd round one easy + one medium level problem.

Interview Questions
Facebook
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in Jan 2020

Interview

Recruiter reached out and had an initial call explaining the interview process and next steps. Was sent a lot of helpful interview prep material and a specific hackerrank link with practice problems. The next step was a technical phone screen with an engineer.

Interview Questions
  • How would you get the product of all items in the array excluding the item at the current index, without using division.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

Pretty well. Firstly talk about your research background briefly. Then do 1-2 coding questions. For each question, talk about your thoughts, write bug-free questions and clarify the time and space complexity.

Interview Questions
Facebook
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

Interview

The first 5 minutes is an introduction. The interviewer introduced his role and the company culture. Then reviewed the resume. Some details were asked about the project on my resume. And then I was asked to solve a coding question.

Interview Questions
Facebook
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

Phone interview for intern, I was first asked to introduce myself, and talked about a project in my resume, This part lasted for 5 - 8 mins, then I was asked do a programming problem within 30 - 35mins, the 5 mins for asking interviewer questions. The interviewer is very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Facebook (Los Angeles, CA) in Oct 2019

Interview

Has a 45 minutes on-campus interview with an interviewer. The interviewer is easygoing and help me relax. After 5 minutes of introduction, I started to write code on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions
  • a question and a follow up question.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

Second round is a phone screening. The questions are not very hard. I gave the optimized solution. The description of the questions are not very clear. Got rejected maybe because of applying for them late. The interview was in march.

Interview Questions
Facebook
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Facebook (United States) in Mar 2019

Interview

I applied online. And got replied in one week. The technical recruiter contacted me and asked me to set the interview within the next two weeks. The interview included two technical questions which are not difficult.

Interview Questions
Facebook
Application

Interview

serialize binary tree into strings and rebuild the tree from the strings, use actual code to in CoderPad to program, you have to finish it in 45 mins via phone interviews

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 45