Facebook Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2017

3.2

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

I applied through employee referral and got a call for first round of technical interview. It was code challenge to be done on coder pad. There were two questions based on string and binary trees. Try to optimize the code with best complexity. Solved both the questions but got a reject next day.

Interview Questions

• Check if a string is a pallindrome
    Find the longest distance between any two nodes in a binary tree.   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The phone interview lasted 40 minutes. No introduction but give me a algorithm problem directly, after did it, he asked me several follow up questions. Then gave me another one. when the interview lasted 35minutes, he let me to ask several question. then 40minutes passed, the interview is done.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2017.

Interview

Referred by an employee, hr contacted me by email and arranged a tech interview. Failed at that interview, the process is ok though. Two algorithm problems in leetcode but no facebook tag.

Interview Questions

• 1 algorithm problems about string, and 1 follow up.   2 Answers

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Technical Interview. The interviewer is very nice and easy to talk with. You need to pass two phone interviews to get the intern job. I didn't do well in the second round. So I didn't pass the interview, which makes me so sad.

Interview Questions

• Talk about some resume projects, and then some coding questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

First the interviewer asked questions about my resume and my experience, then goes to tech question which is write code use any language to solve a algorithm question. After that, ask several questions about the interviewer and Facebook.

Interview Questions

• Given an vector<string> (e.g ['cc', 'ca', 'bc']) and a dictionary order (e.g. ['c', 'b', 'a']). To decide whether the given vector<string> is sorted or not.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Facebook in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process involved two interviews held within the span of a day. We had a meet and greet with our first interviewer 2 days before the interview which was nice. Only got the second interview after doing well on the first one.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in March 2017.

Interview

2 round phone interview. Each round you can have at most 2-3 weeks for prepare. All phone interview, no video, no onsite. Each time the phone interview will last around 45 minutes. 30-40 minutes for problems, the rest ask questions.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and code pad online
    Engineer will call you and you will be asked to write code on coderpad.
    Dont need to run the test, just explain and test it.
    No behavior question straight forward coding question

Interview Questions

• No behavior question straight forward coding question
      2 sum   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview scheduled for 45 mins. The interviewer started by describing his position and what did he work on. And asked a coding question. Overall, the experience was good.

Interview Questions

• I was told a coding question. Q: Given a list of words for example : cat,bat,rat.... and given a query which has a special character '.' which can be represented as any alphabet between 'a-z'. Write a function which gives true as output if the the query is in the list of words. Example: List of words: cat,bat,rat,cct,cut Query 1: c.t Output 1 : true Query 2: c.. output 2 : true   4 Answers

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2017.

Interview

45mins engineer phone interview. After one week I applied online for the internship. The recruiter contacted me to make a phone interview. So I make it 2 weeks later. Then I have two weeks to prepare for the phone interview by engineer of the facebook. In the interview, the engineer will first introduce him to you and let you talk about your one project. Then he will copy the code problem to you online, and you need to solve it by coding online. But your code doesn't need to run, he will watch coding.

Interview Questions

• Given 2 list of unique integer, return a common list of these 2.   Answer Question