Facebook Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 103 of over 7.5K interviews

Employee Referral14%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

I applied online and got contacted by a recruiter and then one round of coding interview with 2 software engineers and team-matching process (first with New York Team and Seattle Team)

Interview Questions
  • Leetcode mid and hard level programming problems and machine learning questions
    Answer Question

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

The interview process was tough. I had a phone interview and was asked two coding questions. Both of the questions were difficult and I was given 45 minutes to answer them.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to sort through a string using a hashmap.

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

There are two coding rounds. Each of them has two medium coding problems. The experience was nice, but they have a high bar and expect you to solve the problems quickly and accurately.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

Submitted resume at career fair on college campus. First interview on college campus. Then flew out to Facebook campus for an in-person interview that lasted one hour. Interviews consisted of coding questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in Feb 2021

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and transparent. There was a 4-question codesignal and two coding rounds. Both interviewers and recruiters were very kind and excited to answer my questions about Facebook; I felt that they were always rooting for me and made me feel welcomed.

Interview Questions
  • One leetcode medium with lots of follow-up questions for first interview, two leetcode mediums for second interview.

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

The screening interview is with a senior engineer where you have to answer 2 coding questions, which have to be completed in full with no skeleton code. You will be expected to explain your code fully.

Interview Questions
  • Get k nearest coordinates to the origin given a list of n coordinates.

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

First I gave my resume to a recruiter who then send me an online code challenge and after that I scheduled my technical interview. Then, they took some time to review my application and I was rejected. I think otherwise I would have had one more round of interview.

Interview Questions
  • It was a codesignal and then a technical interview where I can't remember the questions at this time but definitely brush up on time complexity and space complexity as well as data structures.

Facebook

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

Applied through a referral, was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. Process took a few months as I had applied in August. Interview was done at end of October. The interviewer was very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your technical background

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Atlanta, GA) in Dec 2020

Interview

Got referred by my professor to a recruiter . Recruiter sent me a coding challenge via Hacker Rank. After coding challenge on hacker rank, had technical interview with engineer

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about a week after applying. I had 2 rounds of interviews and each round consisted of a video interview and a coding assessment. The coding assessments were 4 questions, 2 on the easier side and 2 on the harder side. I never did perfect on the coding assessments. The video interviews were as you'd expect from other reviews. You share a codepad with an interviewer and you solve a given problem. I got the invitation to the final round of interviews a few hours after my first round. I got my offer 3-4 days after my final interview.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 103 Interviews