Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions.
The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is
a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Resume round. If cleared you'll be contacted to setup a phone interview. After the first, technical, interview if you pass on you'll have one more phone interview. After this last interview I was offered the position within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• First interview:
      Why do you want to work at Facebook?
      Leetcode hard given while working on codepad with no compile ability.
      Questions for the recruiter?

Second Interview:
      Hardest bug to solve?
      Leetcode easy on codepad again.
      Leetcode hard on codepad.
      Questions for the recruiter?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer () Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a software engineer. It was not as intimidating as I thought it would be. He was quite friendly and willing to answer questions to help you solve the problem.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to detect conflicts in meeting schedules   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

First I had a brief introduction on my background with HR which was all done through several emails. Next, I did a technical phone interview where I solved a problem. My interviewer did not seem very interested when I was working on the problem; he sounded really bored and impatient. I already had the feeling I wasn't going to make it to the next round just based on his behavior and rushing to end the interview with me. A couple of days later I got an email from HR stating that I wasn't moving forward. I thanked HR and asked for some feedback regarding areas on improvement, but I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Background info (about myself, my interests).
      Solve a basic generic problem with strings.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

This was my first phone interview. The interviewer started with introducing himself and in a minute we started our technical interview. Only one question was asked. After listening to my various approaches, he kept on adding more and more constraints.

Interview Questions

• If your are given an Integer Singly linked list. Print it backwards.
      Constraints: 1. Do not manipulate the list. (example: do not make it a doubly linked list, do not add or delete elements, do not change any memory location of any element)
      2. O(n) < time < O(n^2)
      3. O(1) < space < O(n)
      16 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

It was a simple, straight to the point, a 15 minute part "about you" section, 30 minutes coding question on coderpad, and about 5-10 minute questions at the end to ask the interviewer. They mainly wanted to see that you can program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Write code to check if a BST is valid or not.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Not writing because I didn't get any offer but they should consider these facts.

Facebook you better fix Coderpad before you interview candidates.

The first interview was pretty awesome, the interviewer was really great, helpful and responding to my questions all the time.

But the second interviewer was horrible even though he is so experienced was horrible. Not responding to my questions, not clear with what he is asking, for my every question he has one answer "Leave it as it is". I wasted almost 7-10 min in finding out why output getting printed twice, finally found out that due to coderpad issue, main function was invoking twice. I completed 3 parts of a program and when 3 min left for an interview to over he asked me again one more question to complete and coderpad on his side got hanged, I tried to explain my approach but still he said his golden words: "Leave it as it is". You should really consider these things before proceeding any candidate interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I gave them my resume at a on campus career fair. They gave me an on campus interview and after that flew me out to their Menlo Park campus for an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers find a contiguous subset that sums to a given number   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First stage was phone-screening. After that, I was invited to an onsite interview at their headquarters, which was only a 45 minute 1-on-1 technical interview. The rest of the day, they took us on a tour of their campus and explained the internship to us.

Interview Questions

• Given a root note, confirm whether or not the given tree is a BST.   Answer Question
    • Given a schedule (array of start and end times) for meetings, provide an algorithm that finds the minimum number of rooms needed for the day.   Answer Question
    • Given a dictionary, store it in a way where you can implement a search function for a certain word. However, the words may have a character * that stands for any character.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Facebook in March 2017.

Interview

Two back to back 45 coding interviews. I was contacted by recruiter, and interview was setup for five days later. Practice doing mock interviews for behavioral portion, and know all your coding problems!