Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,099 Interview Reviews

3.2

1,099 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions.
The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is
a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

- recruiter msg linked in
    - "we love profile"
    - me happy, set time to call

-recruiter call
    -talk about background my work
    -recruiter email me
    -"which teams you like "
     -me instagram and more
     -dancing.jpg

-interview day - 45 mins call
    - interview guy call on time
    - "okay lets code"
    - me "Ok"
    -give leetcode easy
    - me happy - code in 10 min
    - iinterview guy "ok good .. is work"
    - interview guy think let me screw candidate
    - give leetcode hard
    - me think - omg u seroius wow
    - me think logic.. think to code.. ok
    - ok code.. think.. code..
    - roadrunner.jpg
    -80% code finish confirm logic work
    - interview guy "ok time up any question"
    - me ask backgroud of guy
    - ok bye thanks goodweeknd etc

- recruiter email - reject

- me wow such broke system or such hire good???

Interview Questions

• solve leetcode easy? solve leetcode hard?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

The onsite consisted of 5 coding problems, 2 architecture/design discussions, and 1 behavioral interview. I got 3 of the 5 coding questions right (with optimal runtime & space complexity), but that was not enough. Based on this, I'd say that prior work experience isn't really a factor. I built apps from scratch that have scaled to millions of active users, something that none of my interviewers have done on their own. But, that doesn't help you get an offer if you don't get all of the algorithms correctly.

They're looking to hire a specific profile--CS major, spent 40+ hours to prepare. This interview should be relatively easy for people like that, but very difficult for pretty much everybody else. I even asked one of the interviewers when was the last time he had to solve a problem similar to this, and he said never (haha).

Interview Questions

• I signed an NDA so I won't disclose the questions, but every algorithm I was asked to do should be on Leetcode.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I had applied online, they responded and asked me to choose a day for scheduling a phone interview. I got the call, the interviewer was nice and helpful. There was some miscommunication, and he cleared it very well. It can be intimidating, be calm and confident.

Interview Questions

• Based on sorting algorithms   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

45 minus interview with a manager. I meet a hard question on leetcode. The interviewer is nice and provides hints. There should be 2 questions but I only have time to answer one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

They are good and polite only till you give the interview ! Once interview is done and you are not selected, they don't even care to reply back. Had to send 4-5 emails and wait for more than a month to hear feedback. So unprofessional.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

applied online; waited 2-3 weeks and then got a phone interview and then sent me a coding challlenge which I submitted in 2 days and then waited 2 weeks for a reply;

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for facebook, explain your prev. experiences ; what would you like to do here ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

4 Interviews, literally back-to-back without breaks. One was behavioral and three were coding. The behavioral interview focused on past experiences, like 'How did you handle conflicts or disagreements in code design?'

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY).

Interview

Was referred. Had one phone interview and was then invited to the office for an interview there. Didn't feel super comfortable with the first interviewer, but the one on campus was really fun.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook in December 2017.

Interview

45-minute technical phone interview with current engineer. Hr will send you a link to coderpad and sign in after the phone call. The programming questions are not hard but you have to be clear about your code. No need to debug or compile.