Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Facebook

1,384 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in April 2018.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn. Set up a ~15min call with the recruiter a few days later. Recruiter asked me about my current job and project. Everything went well and I was set up for a technical phone screening with one of their engineers. We set up the phone screening two weeks out. Facebook engineer called me in two weeks and asked me about my current project, then jumped straight to the coding challenge. (See below to read about the challenge). I got nervous and did not complete the challenge. At the end I got to ask the engineer a few questions about Facebook. Two days later I got a nice rejection email from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Given a multi-dimensional array representing a board, how would you traverse from one point to another. The board has 1's and 0's, you can only traverse through the 0's.

Board = [
      [0,0,0,0,0,1],
      [0,0,1,0,1,0],
      [0,0,1,0,1,0],
      [1,1,0,0,0,0],
    ]   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Recruiter is pretty nice and the process is very quick. I got response two days later after the application and the whole process took one month. The questions is not very hard but cannot consider all the conner cases at first. One of the interviewer is not friendly, did not say anything but just record my white board coding all the 45 mins.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

First phone interview. They ask questions about resume and your interested position .Then you have to answer two algorithms question. Then they go to onsite interview. There will be algorithms questions and desigh.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2018.

Interview

I emailed a recruiter through some contacts I had at school. They got back to me, after looking at my CV and scheduled a technical interview. The process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Had to code up two functions in python. The functions were based around traversing a graph and identifying total number of nodes and shortest path within a maximum length.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Recruiter made me feel as ease, I was informed about interview well in advance and recruiter also prepped me on what to expect in the interview.
    Very clear and straight process.
    Round 1. Telephonic - leetcode medium 45 min
    F2F: 4 rounds
    1) Arrays- leetcode hard
    2) Linked list - leetcode medium
    3) System design - Hard - prep from interviewbit it helps
    4) Behavioral - Medium questions on values of FB. Resume, projects, work experiences.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode Hard and medium level questions on data structures & algorithms.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

One phone interview and 3 round of onsite interview consisting two rounds of problem solving and one round of behavior question. The process go smoothly and I got an offer two weeks after the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you resolve conflict in team work?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Stupid interview proceess. Why? Read on..Recruiter reveals all the the questions that a scheduled interviewer may ask on phone screen. Highly unprofessional. Then the recruiter is so unprofessional that now that you get rejected he never responds back. Oh sorry I meant to say he scheduled the call but never calls and then reschedules the call and never called. When asked, he said I called and left a voicemail but you never responded. I never got a voicemail, never received a call at all. I was actually waiting for it. Pathetic and unprofessional. I want my time back.

Interview Questions

• 3sum, add large floating point numbers, closed/longest palindrome string, balance bracket   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from San Francisco. After the initial chat, for the second round, a product manager from Seattle office contacted me to do the phone screen. He asked me a question related to sparse vector. I recommended and coded tree solutions including hashing, linked-list and array. Unfortunately, the interviewer was not very knowledgeable. I corrected him in regards to memory management and he made a wrong comment about Dictionary overhead. It is very hard to believe managers like him is able to work at Facebook. It is very unfair that he mentioned giving too many hints to me during the interview as an interview result. I feel very disappointed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

The same old strategy... Linkedin contact, recruiter call, phone/coderpad interview... Later got an email rejecting. I got say, the guy that was interviewing was very junior, he even said that was his first job and he was there for 2 months and he is the one assessing new engineers. Well, I guess I didn't make the cut, but the fact that my code was the best solution for the question, they still rejected. I suspect the interviewer didn't know much about binary trees , more also, he was very confused when I asked him that my code will handle the cases where unbalanced binary trees are presented, which he said he wasn't aware of such type of "data structure" ...LOL what a joke.

Interview Questions

• Given a binary tree, find the longest path length in the tree.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Leetcode questions both phone and on-site, nothing too difficult or surprising. During the onsite I had 3 technical interviews, 1 of which was imperfect and the other I didnt properly finish the code but I still got an offer. My interpretation is that they care more that you are able to think reasonably and articulate and demonstrate your ideas effectively, more so than writing picture perfect code in the fastest amount of time. Be personable, clever and well-prepared (leetcode) and you'll be fine. Everyone is extremely friendly. Easily my favorite company I interviewed with.