Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Facebook

1,390 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First was the phone interview which was composed of some Leetcode medium style questions, but on the easier side. From what I've heard from my friends and from my own experience, it's likely they ask a DP question here. After coming on site I had 4 interviews which I heard is fairly standard. I thought I performed well but I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode medium DP and Tree questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter. There was an initial phone shared screen coding challenge. Then an onsite interview with 3 different people. Be prepared to do 2 questions in 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Typical algorithm and data structures questions.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Technical coding interview over the phone, then onsite with several technical coding interviews. They flew me out to Seattle, and included a tour of the city with other interviewing candidates, which was nice.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to write a function to list the prime factors of a number   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

Contacted by HR in Linkedin. Do first round of phone interview in May. And in the next day, I were asked to schedule a onsite interview. Did the 5 rounds of onsite interview at MPK. 2 coding, 1 system design, 1BQ and 1 security interview.

Interview Questions

• typically coding and system design questions. For security interview, I were asked for launch some attacks for one company.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Jose, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

1phone interview,3round onsite, the phone interview is 2 medium code test and the in 3 round onsite, there is one round for bq, two round focus on algorithms, like medium to hard questions in leetcode

Interview Questions

• validate BST,question related to linkedlist, bq question   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in October 2018.

Interview

I submitted my resume in a career fair at my school. In a month, HR emailed me for scheduling a phone interview. Maybe it is because this is my first phone technical interview, so I got cold feet and I cannot even think the answer to an easy question. It feels awful.

Interview Questions

• Given two strings, write a boolean function to determine whether the first string is the anagram substring of the second one.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

Typical software engineer interview process with five or six separate interviews. Two or three interviews and then lunch followed by three or four interviews after lunch. Lunch was good. Free soda as well as water. Polite people that were friendly and positive.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a scalable system for a given purpose?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a Facebook recruiter, and offered an interview for a Software Engineer Internship. I had two interviews, both a combination of talking on the phone and coding on collabedit.com. The first interview took place about five days after I was first contacted about the position; the interviewer asked a few questions about projects I'd done and then started with programming questions. The second interview happened a week later, and the interviewer dove straight into coding problems. I was asked general algorithm questions, like get the n-th Fibonacci number, find the square root of a number, find the depth of a binary tree, merge two arrays, etc. Both interviewers saved time at the end for any questions I wanted to ask them.

Interview Questions

• Display the sorted output of a merge of any number of sorted arrays. Then do it again, more efficiently.   7 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was hiring specifically for an iOS position. The recruiters start with Obj-C 5 multiple choice questions, which required some surprising depth. I won't get into specifics, but take time to understand memory management (even with arc), blocks, addresses and pointers.

After was a phone interview which mostly involved a collaborative coding question. The questions asked here were very typical algorithmic questions, the answers usually involved a hash to cache meta values to increase performance.

Protip: Be familiar with NSSet and NSOrderedSet. These data structures are more performant than NSArrays for some operations, and I found myself using them in almost every answer.

Then you have an onsite visit, with 4 additional interviews: 2 coding, 1 design, and 1 "culture fit" which, for me, was really another coding interview.

Your recruiter will contact during the next week or two afterwards to give you updates on your status. I believe there are three different meetings where your interviewing notes are reviewed and given consideration.

Interview Questions

• What is something other people misunderstand about you?   4 Answers

Negotiation

I went back and forth once between a competing company and received higher offers each time. Ask your recruiter for honest assessments of your interviews - if you did well FB will be much more willing to "one up" the competition.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in June 2014.

Interview

One/two phone interviews and one onsite. Contacted by recruiter, setup the time for a phone screen. Fairly well managed setup. Interview called on time, and was very nice to work with.

Interview Questions

• Add two binary numbers (Input as a string)   15 Answers