Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,538 of over 7.5K interviews

Applied online22%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions. The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Interview Questions
  • None
    12 Answers
1838 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

Too hard and tedious Very selective of its candidates A lot of time to prepare for the interview especially since they are algorithmic questions, they focus on that with system design too if you're already an experienced software engineer

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

It was a fantastic interview process. Two interviewers were assigned and both asked me two programming questions. Mostly the programming questions are coding and design and it went really great. But there certainly were better applicants with better skills than I.

Interview Questions
  • What I am very strong in technically and coding on data structures.

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

I was directly assigned for a coding interview. Unfortunately, the interviewer did not care very much, he was eating during the interview and did not show his face on the camera. This was very discouraging.

Interview Questions
  • Some classic dynamic programming problem.

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

Phone screening including behavioral questions and some basic technical questions. In the on-site interview three technical - coding, Sys design, machine learning design and two behavioral - career and project retrospective

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

Technicals and then more technicals. You know, they ask technical questions in one stage and then the onsite takes all day. Typical Silicon Valley company stuff. Was a "virtual on-site" due to COVID.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

It was straightforward, recruiter call first, then they schedule ahead with a video screening. Keep in mind the booked interview time slot IS NOT FINAL as it changed quietly for another day another time than the original one from the notification email. Thank god I checked it. The interviewer presented the question but she is very quiet and she frowns a lot when she saw my solution, which I consider to be quiet disrespectful. I am not good enough and prepared enough for the interview so I didn't pass that too.

Interview Questions
  • Can take a look at Leetcode FB category

Facebook

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

I am very disappointed with this entire process. My interviewer was unable to understand my solution to her problem and was unable or unwilling to listen. I tested my code directly afterwards to make sure I wasn’t mistaken. Sadly I wasn’t able to explain my code at all or even finish writing it during the interview. Right away I was confronted with “this is wrong. I’ve interviewed many people and this is wrong.” This was minutes into starting. All I showed her at that point in time was how I was going to reduce time complexity. I’m just upset with how rude she was. I hope this is not the standard for Facebook. I haven’t even heard back from the recruiter yet after that.

Interview Questions
  • Given two strings that are numbers, add them. You cannot add them as whole numbers.
  • Given an array of numbers and a key, return a list of lists for the different combinations that equal the given key

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

Internal transfer. Two coding and one system design. Both coding rounds have hard questions and seem to expect me to come up with optimal solution. Didn’t come up with optimal solution and failed the interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

An initial phone screening interview with a recruiter, followed by three video interviews. One interview was with a manager asking competency based questions. The other two with interviews were with software engineers and live coding challenges.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were focused on binary tree traversals and linked lists.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,538 Interviews